Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Internal Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Infectious Diseases Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Asha KhatriYour feedback matters!
Sir I feeling Gary and vomiting! I can't feel normal, I can't walk steadily. At my doctor report hemoglobin levels is 12.5!Two days before I had a bus travel from that onwards it's feel bad.!
I am a diabetes and blood pressure patient. My sugar level before breakfast was 150 and after breakfast 250 last checked 2 months ago. I have been a diabetes patient for 13 years now. I suffer from regular pain in right leg and almost everyday while sleeping get cramps in my right leg below knee during winter. I would like to get suggestions to prevent this. Thank you.
I am suffering from dry cough for two weeks. I have chest pain. Can yoy suggest what should be done.
Diabetes is a group of metabolic disorder in which the blood glucose level remains persistently high and requires lifelong medications, diet control and several other factors to maintain it in the normal level. Person having diabetes commonly end up with a serious complication called as ‘diabetic neuropathy’. It is also referred as peripheral neuropathy in which the peripheral nerves which are responsible for caring the impulse towards and away from the brain get affected. The symptoms may vary depending upon the type of nerve that gets affected but most commonly people may experience pain, numbness and tingling sensation over the arms and lower extremities.
The most important thing to be done in curing diabetic neuropathy is to maintain the blood sugar level to normal always with proper medication, diet and adequate physical exercises. Ayurveda uses few precious herbs to cure diabetic neuropathy, which are identified by our ancestors before many decades. Some of the herbs are:
- Ashwagandha which is also referred as Indian Ginseng is the best herb which has many medicinal effects and mainly used for ailing the disorders of nervous system. This herb acts on the nerves and also improves the strength and physical stamina. It also used for relieving the pain over the calf muscles, loss of weight because of diabetes, neuropathy, stress, frequent urination and nerve exhaustions.
- Manjishtha is an herb used in Ayurveda as a treatment for several diabetic complications. It treats not diabetic neuropathy, but also cures diabetic nephropathy and retinopathy. It acts as a best remedy for several chronic infections and inflammations. It has been noted that it has a calming effect on the nervous system thus it can also be used for the treatment of epilepsy.
Ayurvedic treatment for diabetic neuropathy
- Abhyangam, in which the whole body is massaged gently with the medicated oil to improve the circulation of blood, causes nerve stimulation effect and also relieves stress. They concentrate mainly on the foot (Padabhyanga) which is commonly affected in neuropathy.
- Sirodhara deep relaxation and revitalisation of the central nervous system which is found to get affected in neuropathy.
- Ksheeradhoomam, it is a process done for the problems of nervous system and other neck problems by applying special type of medicated steaming.