Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Asha GuptaYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex on Nov 17th and took postpone 72 Nov 18. I had early periods Nov 24th to 29th. But I last periods Nov 7th to 13th. That's means I got early periods within 20 days. When will I get my next periods? Is chance of I get pregnant? Help me.
I am 22 female newly married past two weeks I had pregnancy symptoms but period date is may 4 nw during intercourse I got my periods (may 10) I am totally confused am I pregnant r not.
In India, we move from one festival to the next. Lohri is the first major festival of the year and is celebrated in most parts of North India to mark the waning of winter and the harvest of Rabi crop. Lohri celebrations are characterised by blazing bonfires, folk dance and songs and trays filled with rewri, peanuts, popcorn, gajjak, sarson ka saag and makki ki roti. Unlike traditional mithais that go along with all other festivals, these foods are in fact healthy. Here are a few of their health benefits.
- Rewri and Gajjak: Rewri is a hardened toffee like sweet made from jaggery and sesame seeds. Jaggery helps regulate digestion and internal temperature, cleanses the blood and helps prevent problems like acne, joint pains and menstrual problems. It is also a rich source of iron and has anti-allergenic properties.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are rich in copper, zinc, iron, calcium, phosphorus and manganese. These nutrients help promote healthy bones, boost immunity, reduce stress and fight free radicals. This can help reduce chances of osteoporosis and slow down the ageing process. Sesame seeds are also said to have the ability to reduce the risk of many types of cancer.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are a rich source of folate, manganese and essential amino acids like tryptophan. This helps regulate blood sugar, metabolise fats and carbohydrates and helps the body to absorb calcium and promote healthy joints. Pregnant women can benefit from peanuts as the folic acid in them can help reduce the risk of giving birth to a baby with congenital defects. Peanuts can also help prevent gallstones and help regulate mood swings. Peanuts are also great for the brain as the vitamin B3 and niacin in them helps boost memory. These nutrients also help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels. Hence, peanuts reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Popcorn: Unlike the popcorn you enjoy at a movie hall, popcorn that is eaten at Lohri celebrations is free from butter and added flavouring. On its own popcorn is a rich source of fibre and has a very low calorific value. This makes popcorn a good snack to eat between meals. Popcorn is a whole grain snack and is rich in anti-oxidants called polyphenols. This can help protect the body against cancer, heart disease and other diseases caused by free radicals.
To make your Lohri even healthier, don’t just sit around the bonfire and warm your hands, Get up and dance to the beat of the dhol and burn all the calories you’ve been eating.
I have gone through scanning and other tests, result is Pcod, so please let me out of this I want to conceive..
Before married me and my gf 2 years ago During sex we used condom and after sex gf use the I pills every time. Now she is facing pregnancy issue Last few month she get pregnant but due to low growth Dr. suggest to abortion Now we are trying but can successfully. Is the effect of that tablet?
I have pcos both ovaries have poly cyst can I take both allopathic and ayurvedic medicine together for conceiving.
Hi sir, my wife is 3months pregnancy n it was by ivf. Now we were done blood test today tsh is. 09 n t4 is 2.03. Is there any risk to baby? Please suggest me a good solution please.
I am having weakness after breast feeding my child who is just 4 months old. Is there anything to worry about? Please help me out.
Hi, I have PCOD and thyroid level is 5.55 (TSH, and my endometrium is thickened 12 mm, I am taking APCOD as suggested by gynecologist, Please suggest me.
I am 29 years lady I had 2 abortion in age when Iwas s 25. Now when I m trying to conceive baby I m not able to conceive. What should I eat so that I could conceive and already I took doctor help before she gave me medicine for egg production but after all positive feedback I m not able to conceive and also my husband also did all test n it was all perfect. So I think I don't know what to eat which will help me to conceive.
Infertility is a condition that affects approximately 1 out of every 6 couples. An infertility diagnosis is given to a couple that has been unsuccessful in efforts to conceive over the course of one full year. When the cause of infertility exists within the female partner, it is referred to as female infertility. Female infertility factors contribute to approximately 50% of all infertility cases and female infertility alone accounts for approximately one-third of all infertility cases.
What causes infertility in Women?
1. Damage to your Fallopian tubes: These structures carry eggs from your ovaries, which produce eggs, to the uterus, where the baby develops. They can get damaged when scars form after pelvic infections, endometriosis, and pelvic surgery. That can prevent sperm from reaching an egg.
2. Hormonal problems: You may not be getting pregnant because your body isn't going through the usual hormone changes that lead to the release of an egg from the ovary and the thickening of the lining of the uterus.
3. Cervical issues: Some women have a condition that prevents sperm from passing through the cervical canal.
4. Uterine trouble: You may have polyps and fibroids that interfere with getting pregnant. Uterine polyps and fibroids happen when too many cells grow in the endometrium, the lining of the uterus.
5. Ovulation disorders: Ovulation disorders, meaning you ovulate infrequently or not at all, account for infertility in about 25 percent of infertile couples. These can be one of the following:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): In PCOS, complex changes occur in the hypothalamus, pituitary gland and ovaries, resulting in a hormone imbalance, which affects ovulation. PCOS is associated with insulin resistance and obesity, abnormal hair growth on the face or body and acne. It's the most common cause of female infertility.
- Hypothalamic dysfunction. The two hormones responsible for stimulating ovulation each month, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) are produced by the pituitary gland in a specific pattern during the menstrual cycle.
- Premature ovarian insufficiency. This disorder is usually caused by an autoimmune response where your body mistakenly attacks ovarian tissues or by premature loss of eggs from your ovary due to genetic problems or environmental insults such as chemotherapy. It results in the loss of the ability to produce eggs by the ovary, as well as a decreased oestrogen production under the age of 40.