Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Asha BjajaYour feedback matters!
I am 20 yrs girl. I will feel always tied and backache during my menses period plus normally I have digestion problem. Motion is not free to go. What can I do? I don't want tablets or any treatment. I need to clear by eating day to day foods so wat are the things I should add?
Sir. Recently we are married. My wife and me are going outside. Suddenly she got periods. How to stop that. Which medicine. We have to use. Pls tell me.
Scratching a mosquito bite is your body’s response to the saliva that the female mosquito leaves behind after sucking your blood. Itching a mosquito bite inflames and irritates the skin further, causing your immune system to try even harder to fight off the foreign substance (mosquito saliva). This, consequently, results in more inflammation, and an itchy bump that refuses to go away.
Excessive scratching should be avoided as it can cause your skin to break and leave behind a scar called dermatofibroma. This small ball-shaped scar mark can appear wherever the mosquito bites. You can also end up with post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, which is basically a brown spot that appears on your skin when you scratch a lot. Further, scratching a mosquito bite can also lead to infection as bacteria from under your fingernails get injected into the bite, thereby infecting it.
Instead of scratching the mosquito bite, here are 2 ways to get respite from the itch, while avoiding the damage that it can cause to your skin.
1. Rub it with lemon
Lemon (or lime) contains citric acid, which has itch relieving properties. The next time a mosquito bites you, cut up a lemon into pieces and rub a piece gently on the affected area. You can even squirt some lemon juice on the bite to relieve itching.
2. Apply vaporub on the itchy area
Rubbing vaporub on your skin is another way to stop the itch. It contains ingredients like peppermint, eucalyptus oil or menthol, which possess itch-relieving properties. Moreover, the scent of a vaporub can be helpful in keeping mosquitoes away, consequently preventing mosquito bites.
The next time you feel the need to scratch a mosquito bite, don’t do so; instead try the above two alternatives for instant relief.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I had intercourse first time on the day of my period but now I still didn't have my next period. Do period get delay a bit after having sex first time?
I have diagnosed with PCOD 7 years before, in the starting stage Dr. took ultrasound and gave cyclenorm-P and cyclenorm-E then krimson-35 so that my periods got regularised only for 6 months. Then the same problem continued again after 2 years Dr. prescribed same tablets so that for temporarily my periods got regularised but later same problem continues. Now I get periods once in 3 months and I am trying loose weight but due to this PCOD problem I couldn't loose much weight rather I gain weight when I don't get periods every month. Also I have modified my food style and physically active to get rid of this problem. Now I am unmarried need a solution for this?
My niece is 19 years old. She is taking homeopathy medicine for last 2 years from Baksons homeopathy for wheat allergy. Now she is diagnosed PCOD. She is not having period from last 3 months She is also taking medicines for PCOD from Dr. Bakson from last 20 days. Still not having her periods. Sir I want to know is it curable in homeopath.
I am 36 yrs old n suffering from cyst due to which I am fat and have less bleeding during periods i.e. Only 2days and that to very less. Please help.
Hi doctor, I am 28 years male married recently. I tried to turn on my wife through touch at sensitive parts but couldn't turn her on as she was feeling tickles. Her vaginal entrance is pretty small, when tried to enter fully, its causing her pain. Please help how to proceed to penetrate in full length and reach orgasm.
If you want to have a safe pregnancy by curtailing all sorts of complications, then you have to promptly respond to warning bells. There are certain warning symptoms that should not be neglected at all as that might put your pregnancy in danger.
- Bleeding: This kind of situation cannot be ignored as that often leads to serious issues like placental abruption or miscarriage. In this case, you are definitely in need of the assistance of any expert midwife.
- Swollen face or hands: Slightly swollen face or hands in pregnancy are normal, but if you observe excessive puffiness, especially on your feet and ankles, then it is a warning sign as it might lead to toxaemia or PIH. Therefore, consulting a doctor is very much needed in this regard.
- Abdominal pain: Round ligament pain is quite normal, and you do not have to worry about the same. But if the pain is accompanied by bleeding, then the danger of miscarriage might come into being, and thus you should be very much alert about the same.
- Blurry vision: Both blurry vision and dizziness are the commonest pregnancy symptoms. But if they get increased suddenly, visit your doctor.
- Itching: Itching is common during pregnancy mostly due to stretching of the skin. Your skin also becomes dry. But if it continues for long, then you should check the same with your doctor for avoiding liver disorder.
- Fever: Exposure to flu and cold viruses increases during pregnancy, as a result of which fever occurs. But if the fever lasts for more than 48 hours, then viral conditions can be expected, which are pretty dangerous.
- Unwanted back pain: Normal pain in pregnancy is alright, but excessive pain might indicate bladder or kidney infections, preterm labour, miscarriage or cyst. All these conditions should be essentially avoided to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Gushing of fluid: If you are not in labour, but are feeling wet constantly, then it is better to see a doctor. There might be a great possibility of breaking of water, and this is quite dangerous in the advanced stage of pregnancy.
Less movement of baby Experiencing baby kicking is quite natural during pregnancy, and if stops suddenly, then there is something wrong. Kicking patterns should be followed and then only you will be able to realize whether the baby is normal or not. If you are facing any of the above symptoms, then immediately visit your doctor.
I had sex with my gf on March 19 and I used condoms during sex and the condoms were not broken nor I ejaculate she got periods after 1 month now she is not getting periods is she pregnant?
Cushing’s syndrome occurs due to abnormally high levels of the hormone cortisol. This can happen for a variety of reasons. The most common cause is overuse of corticosteroid medications.
Your adrenal glands produce cortisol. It helps with a number of your body’s functions, including:
Regulating blood pressure and the cardiovascular system
Reducing the immune system’s inflammatory response
Converting carbohydrates, fats, and proteins into energy
Balancing the effects of insulin
Responding to stress
Your body may produce high levels of cortisol for a variety of reasons, including:
The most common cause of Cushing’s syndrome is the use of corticosteroid medications, such as prednisone, in high doses for a long period. High doses of injectable steroids for treatment of back pain can also cause this syndrome.
Other causes include:
A pituitary gland tumor in which the pituitary gland releases too much adrenocorticotropic hormone, which is also known as Cushing’s disease
Ectopic ACTH syndrome, which causes tumors that usually occur in the lung, pancreas, thyroid, or thymus gland
An adrenal gland abnormality or tumor
Symptoms of Cushing’s Syndrome:
The most common symptoms of this condition are:
- Weight gain
- Fatty deposits, especially in the midsection, the face and between the shoulders and the upper back (causing a buffalo hump)
- Purple stretch marks on the breasts, arms, abdomen, and thighs
- Thinning skin that bruises easily
- Skin injuries that are slow to heal
- Muscle weakness
- Increased thirst
- Increased urination
- Bone loss
- An increased incidence of infections
Women may also notice extra facial and body hair, as well as absent or irregular menstruation.
Men may also have:
Hello sir, I have had sex with my boyfriend once. After one day of having sex I took an emergency contraceptive pill named unwanted 72 and menstruation took place later But after menstruation taking place, I am not menstruating for 3 months. What is the reason behind? How it can be solved?
I am a 26 year old unmarried girl and have problem of irregular periods since last 6 months. I have even checked my thyroid level which is normal. I can't get the reason why I am not getting my periods. Can you suggest me any remedy for this?
In our day to day lifestyle, it has become very difficult to maintain routine and habits to the optimal level. But in order to, function efficiently and to put your body in full functioning capacity, here are five energy boosting foods to try:
- Honey: This natural sweetener is extremely low on the glycemic index and acts as muscle fuel, thus helping you to replenish the muscles during and post exercising. It is literally nature's counterpart to an energy drink that can be added to tea, water or even your yoghurt.
- Banana: One of the most popular and well loved energy foods, bananas being mostly composed of sugars, can provide a head-on energy boost.
- Nuts: They are extremely important in converting sugar into energy. Also, they are extremely handy to munch on when feeling lethargic or low in energy. Nuts like almonds, cashew nuts or hazelnuts are rich in magnesium and help to keep blood sugar levels even and supply protein to keep the hunger away.
- Cardamom: This popular spice is well known to help boost energy by promoting blood flow. Indulge in a cardamom laden curry or a tea infused with cardamom to combat low energy levels.
- Apples: Since they take much longer to digest in comparison to other fruits, these beautiful fruits provide a more prolonged energy boost. Being high in fiber, they're easy to carry around and munch on.
This is not an exhaustive list, and there are several more where they came from. Pick out the food items that are easily available for you and keep them at hand to pick you up when you function on low energy levels.
Related Tip: "Top 5 Carb Rich Foods for Breakfast"
Hi doctor. I am 25 years Nd married. My cervix is high hard and closed. From today morning I am getting full white creamy discharge. My period starts on 23rd of this month. I am having lower back pain also. Can I be pregnant. What should I take care of my self if I may miss my periods. Thank u.
My wife is in 9th month pregnancy. We are emberass to ask Our doctor that can we do intercourse in 9th month of pregnancy.
Don't drink water before meals. This can fill your stomach and make it harder to get in enough calories. Eat more often. Drink milk. Try weight gainer shakes. Use bigger plates. Add cream to your coffee. Take creatine. Get quality sleep.
What is it?
Tooth whitening lightens teeth and helps to remove stains and discoloration. Whitening is among the most popular cosmetic dental procedures because it can greatly improve how your teeth look. Most dentists perform tooth whitening. Whitening is not a one time procedure. It will need to be repeated from time to time if you want to maintain the brighter color.
What it is used for?
The outer layer of the tooth is called the enamel. The color of natural teeth is created by the reflection and scattering of light off the enamel, combined with the color of the dentin under it. Your genes affect the thickness and smoothness of the enamel. Thinner enamel allows more of the color of the dentin to show through. Having smoother or rougher enamel also affects the reflection of light and therefore the color.
Every day, a thin coating (pellicle) forms on the enamel and picks up stains. Tooth enamel also contains pores that can hold stains. The most common reasons for teeth to get yellow or stained are:
- Using tobacco
- Drinking dark colored liquids such as coffee, cola, tea and red wine
- Not taking good care of your teeth
Aging makes teeth less bright as the enamel gets thinner and the dentin becomes darker. It is also possible to have stains inside the tooth. These are called intrinsic stains. For example, intrinsic stains can be caused by exposure to too much fluoride as a child while teeth are developing. Other causes include tetracycline antibiotics. They can stain a child's teeth if taken by a mother during the second half of pregnancy or by a child who is 8 years old or younger. Teeth are still developing during these years. Trauma can also darken a tooth and tooth whitening is the most effective way to treat on surface (extrinsic) stains.
Pistachio is one of the most delicious nuts. This wonder-nut comes loaded with many vital nutrients leading to these numerous benefits.
Get into habit of eating pistachio for following reasons –
1. Controls Cholesterol: Pistachio as a snack helps in lowering cholesterol and keeps heart healthy. It brings flexibility to arteries and prevents development of blood clots.
2. Manages Weight: Intake of pistachio controls weight as it has good amount of fiber content. This leads to low levels of triglycerides and proportionate body mass indexes. They may add to your calorie intake, so eat limited portions.
3. Provides Wholesome Health: Pistachios are packed with wide range of nutrients like carbohydrates, fats, proteins, dietary fiber, potassium, phosphorus, thiamine, beta-carotene, calcium, lutein, iron, zinc, magnesium, copper, vitamin C, E, K & A, niacin, riboflavin and folate.
4. Reduces Hypertension: For zero sodium content, pistachio has soothing effect on those who suffer from hypertension.
5. Slows Down Ageing: Pistachios carry good amount of antioxidants like zeaxanthin and lutein that help in slowing ageing process. Add pistachio to your veggies and they would add suppleness to your youth.
6. Keeps Skin Shining: Eat pistachio to keep skin young and shining. Their saturated fat content brings sheen to skin.
7. Enhances Sexual Vitality: Pistachio is an effective aphrodisiac that improves sexual performance. Its regular intake increases blood circulation in genitals and enhances vitality.
8. Prevents Cancerous Growth: Not just pistachio but also their shell layers are rich in antioxidants that neutralize the harmful effect of free radicals, known to cause cancerous growth.
9. Controls Diabetes: Antioxidant content of pistachio helps in controlling diabetes by preventing the process called glycation.
10. Combats Anemia: Presence of copper in pistachio allows for better absorption of iron contents that helps in combating anemia.
11. Makes for Healthy Cooking: Pistachio oil is indeed one of the healthiest cooking mediums. This aromatic oil makes food healthy and full of all its goodness and wholesomeness.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.