Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Asha BajajYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old woman. And I am sacred that I am pregnant, but I had home pregnancy kit test twice in 1 week and then in 2 week but it was negative. I am getting nausea and back pain regularly. I got my periods the next consecutive month but it was for two days. Mostly I get periods for three days. I am not feeling well as I told earlier. I am trying to avoid to go to the doctor because its really difficult to go to one. please suggest me. I am really tensioned because I am studying now and I dont want to have pregnancy now.
M 29 years old female n weight us 60 kg. My due date of period was 9 n last period was 8 april. I went fir the hcg test n result was positive. How many days of pregnancy is going on and what kind of precaution should I take? Plz suggest me.
Hi. I had an unprotected sex with my boyfriend and I took unwanted 72 pills within 5 hours. What are the chances of getting pregnant. My periods is due in 5 days. What should I do if period got delayed.
I am trying for a child since 8 yrs from marriage. Husband is working abroad and he visit me once in an year. Contact time 3 months yearly. Consulted several doctors. Scan results of the uterus says Endometrial polyp (12*6mm) as modular thickening noted in the fundal region. Doc prescribed a key hole surgery tomorrow to remove polyp in order to conceive. My question is does polyp can really be a preventive factor for anyone being conceived? therefore my surgery is necessary or not?
Me and my husband blood group is B- negative than there is any problem in my pregnancy .now a days my 9th month of pregnancy start. please help me.
My period is 2 days late and white watery is coming out sometimes more sometimes less, is it sign of pregnancy?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I have not got my periods since 19th jan 2017, I have done home urine test which came negative. Can I still be pregnant? Just to update, we are trying to conceive. I feel dizzy and sleepy all the time.
It is a common misbelief that eating home cooked food is the healthiest option. Whenever, we plan to eat out, there is always a question lingering about the cleanliness of the hotel’s kitchen. We need to realize that it is not just the hotel, but our own kitchen should also be taken care of.
Listed below are some commonly overlooked things that could be contributing to your health in a bad way. With kitchen shopping continuing through the years, there are unused and/or overused things, both of which are harmful. Read on to know more.
- Overused utensils: In most homes, the cooking vessels turn brown over a period of time. This happens, especially in metallic ones like aluminium. It is due to leftover food and is a breeding ground for germs. Leaving the vessels for a later wash can lead to these stains getting tougher and the vessel taking on a permanent brownish color. A good way to manage this is to clean the vessels as soon as possible.
- Stained mugs and cups: It is a common belief that tea cups will stain over a period of use, which is not true. In some cases, the hard water has high concentration of calcium carbonate, which mixes with the tea and lead to altered bowel movement and improper digestion. The best way to manage this is to mix vinegar and baking soda and remove the stains.
- Chopping board: First things first. Never use the same chopping board for your meat and your veggies. The germs from the uncooked meat affect the vegetables also. As the bacteria continues to grow, in about 10 minutes, there will be double the number of bacteria that will affect the vegetables.
- Chipped melamine dishware: While the melamine kitchenware is unbreakable, do not use them at high temperatures. This can cause it to chip and melamine leaks into the food, causing kidney stones and renal failure. A good way to avoid this risk is not to heat food in the melamine dishes.
- Non-stick cookware: While nonstick ware helps reduce the amount of oil used, constant use erodes the coating and slowly the chemical is leaked, which can add carcinogenic elements into your dosa or roti. This can cause liver and stomach problems with continued use.
- Coffee makers: The reservoir in the coffee makers hoards a whole lot of bacteria and can cause various diseases. Thorough cleaning with hot water can help you keep it clean.
These are some of the common ways your kitchen can affect your health, there are definitely more. So, keep your kitchen clean for a healthier life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Bleeding in early pregnancy or during the first trimester may or may not be a serious reason for concern, depending on the cause. But because bleeding can sometimes be a sign of something serious, it's important to know the possible causes, and get checked out by your doctor to make sure you and your baby are healthy. About 20% women have some bleeding during first 12 weeks. The possible reasons are implantation bleeding, miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, molar pregnancy, cervical changes and infection. So how do you deal with it? Here's a quick list.
- Hygiene: Ensure that hygiene is your first priority, especially during pregnancy.
- Light Bleeding: Light bleeding or spotting that is dull red or brown in colour is a normal occurrence for many pregnant women. This can point to the foetus getting lodged and pressing against your womb's lining, or even the cervical changes that you may be going through due to the implantation and impending trimesters and eventual delivery. The best thing to do in such cases is to not panic.
- Sex: Having sex or intercourse can also sometimes lead to mild spotting. Also, you should avoid using abrasive material and clothing during this time.
- Ultrasound: Go for an ultrasound and ensure that your pregnancy is normally placed and not ectopic. An ectopic pregnancy can lead to bleeding which can later become fatal. It may cause cramps in the lower abdomen region as well.
- Infection: Speak with your gynecologist and ensure that there is no risk of infection. Usually, many women suffer from infection (can be on cervix or vagina) during the early stages of pregnancy. This may give rise to spotting and mild bleeding. Take necessary actions and precautions to ensure that the infection does not get out of hand and is treated right away.
Does thyroid 9.06 found recently for first time after prolonged bleeding cause problem with uterus thickening or period irregularity? Can correction of thyroid by taking eltroxin 25 mg be helpful.
I have 48 th day I done pregnancy test its negative, I have pcos, irregular periods, I hve no diabetics and thyroid, I want to conceive.
Death grip syndrome: Causes, symptoms, and treatment plan
#masturbation is a normal part of sexuality. However, it’s possible to overdo it. For men, excessive masturbation by hand might backfire.
This is known as “death grip syndrome.” it’s not a clinical term, but it describes the condition well. Death grip syndrome happens after frequently using the hand to masturbate. This kills the nerves, making it difficult to feel pleasure.
Typically, the nerves in the penis are super sensitive. 1 but without healthy nerves, you won’t be able to notice different sensations. 2 this can lead to problems like loss of feeling and delayed ejaculation.
The main cause is frequent masturbation, but there are other possible reasons. Check out this guide to learn the causes, symptoms, and treatment for death grip syndrome.
Dryness and tightness causes death grip syndrome
Lubrication is a crucial part of sex. It’s the same deal with masturbation!
A good lube prevents dryness, chafing, and raw friction. The slippery surface also does a better job at emulating real sex. You’ll be less likely to keep going for a long time, just to feel some pleasure.
A water-based lubricant is the best choice. 4 you can also use lotion, but avoid fragrances and dyes that might irritate the skin.
A tight grip is needed to feel the pleasure, but if it’s too snug, the nerves can take a hit. Loosen up your hold and don’t squeeze to the point of pain. Again, a good lube will help avoid this.
Like tightness, a high speed of masturbation isn’t healthy. Sure, going fast will feel better, but it can do more harm than good. Use a lube to mimic the sensation – not speed – of real sex.
Ejaculation problem is a symptom of death grip syndrome
1. Erection problems
A common symptom of death grip syndrome is erection difficulties. After all, erectile function greatly depends on healthy nerves.
If the nerves are damaged, they can’t receive signals from the brain. So, the penile muscles can’t relax, and blood won’t fill it up.
2. Delayed ejaculation
When the nerves have problems, it’ll be hard to orgasm. It can take as much as 30 to 45 minutes or more. 6 in some cases, you might not be able to orgasm at all. This is a major symptom of death grip syndrome.
3. Low pleasure
Nerves are needed to feel pleasure. But if they’re damaged, sex may not feel as good. This can happen even if you do achieve an erection.
If having sex feels uneventful, relationships might suffer.
Rest and go slow to treat death grip syndrome
Giving your body a break is the best thing you can do. Remember, death grip syndrome is caused by excessive masturbation. Frequency is everything.
Don’t masturbate or have sex for about a week. If you find this tricky, stay distracted with hobbies. It’ll let your penis rest and recover.
2. Loosen it up
A tight hold is a recipe for nerve damage. In the future, don’t grasp too hard. Alternate between different types of grips.
3. Go slow
Masturbating too fast will stress out the nerves. It also won’t help if it’s raw and painful. Go back and forth between different speeds, and take your time.
Masturbation is perfectly normal. In fact, roughly 95 to 99 percent of men masturbate. 7 to do it safely and properly, follow this guide to avoid death grip syndrome. This condition doesn’t have to last forever.
Walking has been considered the most easy form of exercise. An average person walks about 3000-4000 steps in a day but it would be really good for your health if you can increase the number of steps up to 10,000, that’s is what every doctor advices people who want to stay active and fit.
Here’s the plethora of health benefits if you are able to walk 10,000 steps in a day.
1. You burn as much as 400 calories by walking 10,000 steps in a day
2. Helps prevent brain-shrinkage
3. Prevents osteoporosis
4. Boosts vitamin D level by exposure to sunlight
5. Tones up your muscles, legs and arms
6. Keeps your heart healthy and strengthens it
7. Keeps us mentally and physically strong
8. Reduces risk of stroke, diabetes and cancer
9. Reduces risk of early death by 30%
10. It makes your immunity grow stronger
11. It lowers disease-risk drastically
12. More beneficial for those who want to reduce weight
13. It is a good substitute for exercise
14. It helps in keeping your memory sharp
15. Increases your stamina of walking thereby increasing stamina required for physical work
16. Keeps your energy level high
17. Keeps you happy and healthy
18. It improves blood circulation
19. It lightens up your mood
20. Walking 10,000 steps also improves your sleep
You do get more or less similar benefit if do a 30-minute walk daily but walking 10,000 steps in a day is the best! As far as counting 10,000 steps is concerned various mobile apps and devices can be helpful.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am not getting pregnant after one year of my marriage. During sex we do not use any kind of safety like condoms or pills etc. What could be reason?
Trying to conceive. Regular period of 28 days. Last period was March 14. USG & blood test are normal. Dr. Prescribed me Meprate tablet from 28th March for ten days. What may be the reason for giving this tablet? I have regular periods.
In India, along with a lack of sex education, there is also a lack of knowledge about hygiene of the privates amongst women even in urban areas. When a woman experiences pain in her vagina, while it could be because of various reasons and not necessarily alarming, one does get alarmed.
Let us understand the reasons.
1. Yeast infection: Dry and itchy vagina can feel painful after a while. Yeast infections are very common and usually most women experience them. They can be treated by medicines, yet it is best to get in touch with your doctor and get a prescription. Your doctor will prescribe an anti-fungal cream after a pelvic exam.
2. Vaginal dryness: This usually happens to post-menopausal women but can also happen to younger women because of certain birth control pills which are low in estrogen and dry up the moisture in one's vagina.
3. Pelvic inflammatory disease: If you are having regular pains during penetration and during your periods, it could be endometriosis. During examination, the pain is usually linked to the lower abdomen where the ovaries are.
4. Vulvodynia: These are mysterious pains which come & go and can be treated with medicines.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.