Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Asha BajajYour feedback matters!
I taken ipill in 72 hours on 4 the February after non penetration sex. I got light bleeding on 12th February ,I missed my periods on 16th February. I took pregnancy test on 23 February ,25 feb ,3 march, 10th March and 20 March all shown negative results. I didn't get period till today. I am having cramps from few days but not getting periods. What should I do?
Hi Doctor, I have a Polycystic ovaries problem due to which my periods are irregular. Can you please suggest me the medicines to come out of this problem. Thank you
Meri wife four month and fifteen days about se pregnet hain aur abhi hume baby nhi chahiye isliye hum abortion karwana chahte hain kya ye possibal hain please help me aur hain to kaise.
Vulvodynia refers to a chronic pain in the vulva, a condition suffered by most women. Triggered generally by an unidentifiable cause, the pain was not considered as a real pain syndrome until of late. The ambiguity of the condition is such that many who do suffer from it fails to realize its complications.
There are primarily two types of Vulvodynia:
- Generalized Vulvodynia: This is when the pain is all over the vulva, however different parts may pain at different times. It may be a constant pain or may occur occasionally.
- Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: The pain is in the vestibule area or the entrance of the vagina is known as vulvar vestibulitis syndrome. This kind of pain mostly exhibits a burning sensation and is triggered even by a slight touch. During intercourse the pain manifolds to extreme severity.
Although the cause of Vulvodynia is not known, doctors suspect the following reasons to be the contributing factors:
- Nerve injury
- Yeast infections
- Sexual abuse in the past
- Muscle Spasm
- Hormonal changes
- Burning sensations
- Aching or soreness
No well versed cure is available for Vulvodynia, although certain self care treatments can bring relief. Among the many, you need to figure out which method suits you best and choose accordingly. To discern the best method, you might have to try various different combinations. At the same time, it is extremely important to educate yourself about Vulvodynia and have a thorough knowledge about what it is all about.It is advisable that you maintain a record of the treatments which according to you suit you the most in order to avoid confusion. Some of the methods are given below:
- Avoid products which might act as potential irritants near the vulva.
- Do not put much pressure on the vulva. Avoid activities which might exert direct pressure on it.
- Whenever it pains, try to soothe the area by soaking it in lukewarm water or applying ice on it.
- Use medications like lidocaine to relieve pain.
- Certain exercises might also help relax the area.
- Biofeedback also helps relax the vaginal muscles and bring some relief.
Recently we had sex with my partner. Mostly we use safety, but missed once. So my doubt is usually how many days after sex should I go for urine pregnancy test. Also suggest are there any reliable test than urine test.
My age is 39 Specimen: FNAC LATERAL SIDE NECK I have diagnosis for granulomatous LYMPHADENITIS WITH NECROSIS (TUBERCULAR) Local doctor have advised for 6 month DOTs treatment, can you please tell me more about this, is this right to continue treatment for such a long time.
Can I eat Fenugreek Seed Everyday in an empty stomach, If I Eat Fenugreek seed daily may I get a Fast Pregnancy, My Body is a heat body always.
She s having fibroid problem. And she is 7 months pregnant. Is there chances for this again when she is pregnant again ?
My vagina is itching too badly please tell me ita home cures or tell me the name of vagina itch relief cream.
I am 28 years female and resides in Delhi. I have missed my period and today is 31st day, Generally my cycle was for 28 days only. Today I am experiencing that something brown spots on my undies. Please advise what will be the cause, 5 days back I have check pregnancy test thru kit and its negative, so I am confuse here.
My mother is 51 years old and still has her periods and this time the flow was too much and she had stomach pain also. Sonography reports say that the uterus is bulky. Doctor had advised for paps smear test. Can it be cancer also. I am worried. Please suggest your thoughts.
I am 30 year old. Unmarried female and suffering from problem of bed wetting. This problem occurs twice in a month. Please advice me what should I do.?
Hello sir, I observed rashes inside my penis so I had consult dermatologist so he said it is Herpes. But I never have sexual contact with anyone. I did masturbate but twice a month not more than that. Now it's more than 6 months after taking medication still some rashes are there .please provide some suggestions to cure it earlier.
1.Eat More Calories Than You Burn:
The most important thing you can do to gain weight is to eat more calories than your body burns. You need to eat more calories than your body burns in order to gain weight. Aim for 300-500 calories per day above your maintenance level, or 700-1000 calories if you want to gain weight fast.
2.Eat Lots of Protein:
Protein forms the building blocks of your muscles. Eating sufficient protein is required to gain muscle weight instead of just fat.High-protein foods include meats, fish, eggs, many dairy products, legumes, nuts and others. Protein supplements like whey protein can also be useful if you struggle to get enough protein in your diet.
3.Eat Lots of Carbs and Fat, and Eat at Least 3 Times Per Day:
In order to gain weight, eat at least 3 meals per day and make sure to eat plenty of fat, carbs and protein.
4.Eat a Lot of Energy-Dense Foods and use Sauces, condiments:
Here are some energy-dense foods that are perfect for gaining weight:
Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, peanuts, etc.
Dried fruit: Raisins, dates, prunes and others.
High-fat dairy: Whole milk, full-fat yogurt, cheese, cream.
Fats and Oils: Extra virgin olive oil and avocado oil.
Grains: Whole grains like oats and brown rice.
Meat: Chicken, beef, pork, lamb, etc. Choose fattier cuts.
Tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes and yams.
Dark chocolate, avocados, peanut butter, coconut milk, granola, trail.
5.Lift Heavy Weights and Improve Your Strength:
It is very important to lift heavy weights and improve your strength. This will help you gain muscle mass instead of just fat.
6.Don’t drink water before meals. This can fill your stomach.
7.Eat more often. Squeeze in an additional meal or snack whenever you can, such as before bed.
8.Drink milk. Drinking whole milk to quench thirst is a simple way to get in more high-quality protein and calories.
Try weight gainer shakes. If you are really struggling then you can try weight gainer shakes. These are very high in protein, carbs and calories.
9.Use bigger plates. Definitely use large plates if you are trying to get in more calories, as smaller plates cause people to automatically eat less.
10.Add cream to your coffee. This is a simple way to add in more calories.
11 Take creatine. The muscle building supplement creatine monohydrate can help you gain a few pounds in muscle weight.
12Get quality sleep. Sleeping properly is very important for muscle growth.
Cashew nuts or Kajus as we know them in India are widely loved and used in almost every course of food, from starters and snacks to the main course to dessert. Apart from being a delectable food, it also has numerous health benefits. Few of them are:
- When compared to other nuts, they contain low fat content which is in the form of oleic acid. Oleic acid is good for the heart. Cashews also happen to be free of cholesterol and have anti-oxidants which help keep the heart healthy.
- Magnesium present in the cashews helps them to prevent the rise in blood pressure.
- One major benefit of cashew nuts is that they help fight cancer. They have high copper content and also have flavonoids called proanthocyanidins which help fight cancer cells in colon cancer.
- The copper in cashews helps in maintaining the right color of the hair.
- Cashews have magnesium and calcium, both of which are important for bone health.
- The magnesium in cashews ensures that there is enough magnesium on the bones' surface and calcium cannot enter the nerve cells, thus ensuring healthy nerves.
- Cashews have selenium, magnesium, and copper which all act as antioxidants.
- They help in growth, digestion, and development of the body.
- Despite being considered fatty, cashews have good cholesterol. Despite popular belief, it is good to eat cashew at least once or twice a week.
- The risk of developing gallstones reduces by one-fourth, with a daily intake of cashew nuts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.