Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arvind Vaid
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind VaidYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. My wife got period today. She is very weak. She is suffering with pain in left side of the abdomen. She is feeling that a small round ball like structure is sensing with pain when she touches with her hand at the abdomen. This phenomena is observed two months back. Last month there is no such type of problem. But today she is saying the same problem. Why this is happening. How to overcome this problem. Is there is any medication. please help me.
Every married couple undergoes relationship troubles, but these troubles should not linger for a long time otherwise you might end up facing dreadful consequences. If you want to save your married life by maintaining a smooth relation with your partner, then you have to look for the best solutions that can resolve marital issues.
How to manage marital relationships?
- Maintaining Trust: Since trust is the base of every relationship, therefore you should make special efforts in maintaining the same. Unresolved issues should be resolved quickly and there should be transparent communication between the married couples. Some of the special qualities that should be maintained in order to maintain trust within a marital relationship in long run are being on time, consistency, being sensitive towards feelings, avoiding lies, sharing feelings, respecting partner's feelings, avoiding jealousy and others.
- Healthy Communication: If the problems remain unresolved, then more and more conflicts will be invited. Have open discussions and clear up your points so that confusions can be eliminated. If you make efforts in understanding the real causes, then only the problems can be resolved. You need to put yourself in the shoes of the partner and understand where the person is coming from. Most conflicts occur because we only see our view points and not that of others.
- Giving time to the relationship: You can maintain your marital relationship in a healthy state only by considering the married life as the prior issue. Keep your marriage above every other social thing and then only relationship can be made secured. Give time for repairing all dubs and defects of your relationship. In this case, you can also take the help of any expert counsellor. Spend some quality time with each other so that the warmth of your relationship can be maintained.
- Tackling monetary problems: Do not allow any conflict to come into your relationship just because of a pathetic financial condition. It is important for both the partners to put-in efforts in saving money so that monthly expenses can be kept under strict control. A perfect budget needs to be scheduled so that financial strength can be restored. If you are incapable of catering financial support, support your partner at least mentally so that he can come out of the financial trouble as soon as possible.
- Maintain a Happy Sexual Life: Create a proper schedule for lovemaking in order to maintain a healthy sex life. You should try to know the sexual needs of your partner so that you can fulfil the expectations. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
My periods cycle was mostly for 28 days, but last month my periods started after 34 days. actually we are trying to conceive for last 4-5 months. Now this time it has been 37 days but periods have not started so I took pregnancy test at home which has created more confusion as initially one line appeared and then another faint line appeared. So I tooo the test twice but same result. So does it mean I am pregnant or it is evaporation line? Please clear my confusion.
You might often consider whether people really change or do they just pretend that they have changed in order to achieve something. You can change only when you truly want to change. You have to want to change yourself for you, not for somebody else. If you want to change just because you need to make certain adjustments for a particular relationship or because someone else wants you to change, then it is going to be useless. The weight of the change will not be the same until and unless it is your desire and determination to change for you.
But this is extremely difficult. You will always feel that you are perfect the way you are. In fact it is likely you would want the people you are associated with to change according to your terms. You would want the other people to change their ways of carrying themselves so that they can fit into your way of life. This usually causes mayhem as it is extremely difficult for anyone to change according to the whims of someone else. The other person usually ends up feeling bad about him/her when you want them to change.
Coming back to the question of whether people really change, well the answer is yes. People do change. Sometimes, may be you change a certain way you behave when you realize that may be you don't like it. There may be a few things about yourself, which you might not like, which you will try to change once you realize it. But changing is not easy. It takes a lot of time to change certain habits or behavior you are so accustomed to. You will not change with a blink of an eyelid. But eventually, when you work hard towards it for your own benefit and to get the sense of perfection within yourself, you will succeed. But there are a few things or aspects about yourself which can never change no matter how much you try. The way you feel about something might not ever change. If you don't like a certain thing you might never like it. Although if your dislike is towards a person, it might change after you get to know that person. It might also be the opposite. Also changing your bad habits will be extremely difficult and you might tend to succumb to the negativity.
Another aspect which you can't change is your past. It is what it is. You can't change it. The best option will be to just get over it if it had anything which didn't have a positive impact on you. The best thing to do with it is to use it as a step towards your future. After all, you would definitely want a bright future.
My girlfriend faces too much pain during her periods. Also there is so much bleeding there. She became restless and don't eat anything during this all. Feels some fever and extreme head ache. Please suggest some natural way to reduce pain and suffering from this. So that she don't have to have a pain relieving tablets as they occurs problem in future. Please suggest as soon as possible. Thanking you.
My ultrasound report shows less AFI-8, mild oligomniosis. I am right now on my 36th week of pregnancy. Is low amniotic fluid going to have a birth defect and kidney problem and all that in foods or is it just normal?
Acute respiratory distress syndrome also known as ARDS is the condition when the lungs fail to pump sufficient oxygen to vital organs such as the brain and kidneys. This happens due to fluid collecting in the lungs which reduces its capacity to function. If ADRS is not diagnosed and treated in time, it can lead to death.
Causes and Symptoms
While it has been proved that the leakage of fluids from some of the minor blood vessels can enter the lungs causing ARDS, there is still no clarity on what triggers this leakage or how such fluid enters the lungs. It has been observed that patients already admitted and undergoing treatments in a hospital have been diagnosed with the ARDS condition. This indicates that the condition could be brought about by an injury caused during an accident or due to a health condition. The predominant symptom of ARDS is the loss of breath which could be severe in some cases. The other symptoms include a blue tinge to the lips and nails caused be the reduced supply of oxygen.
There is no single test to diagnose acute respiratory distress syndrome. Doctors will use a combination of results from chest rays and the analysis of blood samples to confirm the diagnosis of this condition. In some cases, a CT scan may also be ordered. A physical examination and checking the medical history of the patient is mandatory and is included in the diagnostic process for ARDS.
Once diagnosed, the patient will be immediately put on external oxygen support. If a simple air mask is not enough then a breathing tube may be used to ensure sufficient oxygen reaches all parts of the body. The patient might also be put on a ventilator. Oral medications to help stop the bleeding and prevent clotting of blood will be prescribed. Medications could also be administered through the use of IV fluids. It is necessary for patients with this condition to remain calm. In an agitated or excitable state the demand for oxygen is greater. Doctors might therefore, prescribe medications to ensure patients remain calm.
Recovery and After
As mentioned earlier, there is a crucial need to diagnose acute respiratory distress syndrome in time to ensure a quick start to the treatment available. This condition can be brought under control and the person can lead a normal life. Doctors will advise patients to quit smoking and to reduce or limit the intake of alcohol. Taking a flu shot, periodically, to protect against diseases such as pneumonia will also be beneficial to patients with ARDS+.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!