Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind VaidYour feedback matters!
Safe periods do exist or not. For unprotected sex? And any natural way to avoid pregnancy before and after intercourse.
Hi, I am 25 years old guy, I have a relation for 3.5 years with my girl who is aged 20. This month for the first time we had a protected intercourse on 4 of nov, everything was normal as I dint ejaculate inside, and even I had sex for barely 3 min. Today date is 28th Nov, Mostly her periods come on 18th of every month, she is delaying her periods by 10 days, we both are worried, can you help can this be chance of pregnancy? Or something different ?Please your urgent help? Any pills you can suggest or any help. Thanks.
I am 31 years old, I dont have kids after 5 years of marriage, i' ve low, 20 mln sperm count and my wife(30 years old) has irregular period cycle, she has undergone endometerosis for the same. What do you suggest us ?
I am 42 years old female - weight 66 Kg height -5.5 feet. I am a working women. From last one year my periods are very irregular. Earlier it was once in 2 or 3-4 months, now it was last in Jan'16. Is it Menopause. If yes, is it normal, isn't it so early, will I get some problem in old age or now due to early menopause. Moreover, my hunger for food is also reduced. Also, in night, before sleeping I feel too much pain in legs. Please help.
My girlfriend has missed her periods for the past 3months that's from December and today since morning she has been bleeding heavily, and it's not thick but it's bright red in colour. She has taken 3 pregnancy test's 20days back but all were negative. Even when she urinates she bleeds and she's been experiencing abdominal pain. Please let me know what needs to be done immediately?
Ramadan is a much-awaited month for various reasons. While some look forward to it for spiritual reasons, others look for the celebrations, and some others for the delicacies it brings along. Fasting for a full day is always followed by feasting, in most households. Some people begin shopping for stuff about a week or two before the starting date of Ramadan.
While it is definitely a time to feast, it is also important to eat healthy and not binge. The idea is to cleanse the mind and body of all sins, and so it is a good time to get back to better physical shape. Keep the following points in mind when planning the foods for this month-
- Ramadan is a time for cleansing, both physically and mentally, so there is no reason for fasting every single day.
- Because you fast through the day, it is not necessary to eat excessively over the time when it is possible. The body’s requirements do not change significantly, as there are always food reserves in the body
- Oily and greasy foods may be chosen with the belief that they can help you sustain without food for a longer time; this is not true. Oily and greasy foods, in fact, take a longer time to digest and also increase tiredness and fatigue. They are rich in fat, and so more fat reserves are accumulated.
- It is not necessary to spend long hours in the kitchen trying to cook up lavish meals, as the purpose of Ramadan is not just. It is more about self-contemplation and cleansing oneself.
- Eat foods which are easy to digest and also help in giving you energy. An added advantage would be to eat foods which have a cleansing or detox effect.
- Natural fruits and vegetables, dry fruits, grilled meat are good options.
- Also, take into account the regular work schedule and make sure your cooking and eating allows sufficient room for that.
- Sleep is another aspect which often gets ignored but is equally important. The body needs sleep as much as, or in some people, more than food. Lack of it can lead to fatigue, drowsiness, confusion, and fainting.
- Prophet himself has advised that only a few mouthfuls of food needs to be consumed.
- Fasting is a good way to give the body a break (digestive and other systems) and help natural detoxification.
- Do not skip exercise completely during this period. Stick to regular, light exercises which are comfortable.
- Many people tend to put on weight, but a little planning can help not just in avoiding this, but in reducing weight too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
My gf had taken abortion pills last month on 16th. Then bleeding lasted for 8 days. But in this month her periods have not come yet. She has also taken pregnancy test and it's negative. From last 3-4 days she has some white discharge from her vagina which is not thick and does not have any smell. Is it normal to have white discharge or is it a sign of pregnancy or infection. What steps should we take.
I am 28 years old. I have pain in my right shoulder and arm. It looks as my right breast feels heavy and swelling in right palm. What should I do to get rid of this problem?
Hello mam/sir I'm trying to get pregnancy ,from 1 week onwards Why I'm getting fever ,body pains, little bit stomach ACH, feeling tired, sickness, not feeling hungry before the period (15th april) ?Is there any symptoms for pregnancy please tell me.
My wife is thyroid patient. Her blood test result T3 - 1.41 T4- 8.81 T. S. H- 0.53 She is taking tyrox 100 mg We got married just four months before. Now we want a child. So is there any problem for her in getting pregnancy at this time. Is there any problem in 100 mg? Can it cause abortion? Medicine was prescribed by a doctor. She is losing her hair also. Please help.
I gave breastfeed to my kid till 2 years but now I stop giving him. From last 3-4 days I felt pain in my left side of breast. I can't lie upside down on my bed while sleeping.
2 days back I felt a burning itching sensation near my navel I felt it like an insect bite and thought it will go by applying prickly heat powder or ointment but today after checking doctor advised me that it is not an insect bite but herpes and has given me ointment and medicines. I read in a google article that once occurred it cannot be treated but could be reduced for sometime. Please advise how true this article is? Also what extra care and precautions do I need to take I am really worried.
My friend had unprotected sex a week ago could she be pregnant and having pregnancy symptoms already.
With the growing market for organic products, there is a widespread confusion on which product to choose. The same dilemma holds good in selecting the type of bread. White bread or Brown Bread? People are not sure which one to eat to stay healthy. A few quick facts about the two types of bread and which one should be consumed to stay healthy, are given below
White bread is made out of refined wheat flour that has nothing to offer for the body. During the process of making white bread, the bran and wheat germ is removed from the wheat flour and Potassium Bromate, Benzoyl Peroxide or Chlorine Dioxide gas are used for bleaching to generate the whiteness. Potassium Bromate is highly dangerous if consumed in large doses. Chlorine dioxide is also used as a pesticide and is considered hazardous to the environment. When a large amount of white bread is consumed, the refined carbohydrates generate high levels of insulin thus, resulting in higher chances of weight gain. In spite of being globally popular, white bread is highly unhealthy for your body. It is completely devoid of nutrients and it is as harmful as table sugar for the digestive system.
The American Academy of Pediatrics has revealed that whole wheat brown bread is rich in nutrients compared to the white bread. One major factor contributing to the above-mentioned fact is the amount of fiber present in whole wheat brown bread. The increased fiber content slows down the digestion process and thereby, reduces the effect on blood sugar and production of insulin. Other nutrients that are present in brown bread include vitamin B6, E, Folic acid, Zing, Copper and Manganese. Brown bread has lesser amount of calcium as compared to white bread. Many manufacturers claim that they produce brown bread with the same amount of calcium as in white bread. Whole wheat bread contains Phytonutrient also called as plant lignans that have been observed to protect against heart diseases and breast cancer.
Things to consider while buying Brown Bread
The declining demand for white bread has forced a lot of manufacturers to use caramel as a coloring agent to darken white to brown bread. So buyers need to carefully look for the ingredients mentioned in the packing to ensure that they are buying the right product. It is important to check the first ingredient to see whether it is whole wheat or whole meal flour. If the word "enriched" is used, it means that the same flour used for white bread is used. Look for the bread with the minimum ingredients to ensure that you get maximum nutrients and very little additives. Also, make sure the amount of the following ingredients are as given below; sodium should be lesser than 401mg, saturated fat should be 1gm and fiber needs to be 4gm per 2 slices of serving.
To conclude, when it comes to organic and fitness oriented scenarios, brown is always better than white. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Sir yesterday my neighbour aunty ask me to sex with her because she didn't satisfied with her husband she didn't have childrens after marriage about 2 yers now. Sir if done sex will she come pregnant? I'm 19 year old boy. If she become pregnant it's there is any chance to find out that baby belongs to me? Help me sir.
Yes first morning sample and I can not blood test nd not take non pregnancy medication. Actually before 3 months I had missed abortion. Now again try for baby but test is negative.
Disabilities can occur due to injuries, infections, or old age. Whatever the reason, the person has limited movement and suffers from pain and stiffness during this period. In addition to surgery and antibiotics, occupational therapy (OT) helps the patient immensely by providing complete rehabilitation and to help recover completely. Many who do not respond well to medications have benefited from occupational therapy and have had complete functional recovery. The occupational therapist helps patients to improve and maintain skills so they can perform their daily chores on their own.
The benefits of occupational therapy are too many and would depend on the setting in which it is used:
- In the elderly: With age, general movement is reduced and OT can help improve overall movement and quality of life, thereby enabling them to lead more independent lives.
- In mentally disabled: Occupational therapists work with people with emotional and mental limitations and teach them the necessary skills to be able to perform their functions in society. This can even enable them to take up a job and lead healthy, positive relationships.
- In physically disabled: OT can help them teach to perform their chores and socialize at school and home. There is a great deal of facilitating age-appropriate social interactions, thereby improving the chances of social acceptance of the affected individual.
No matter what setting Occupational Therapy is used in, the following are definitely some benefits:
- Improves range of motion: The person undergoing OT will see better movement of the affected parts, especially in old age where some joints are more involved than others.
- Increases mobility in injured or disabled patients: Disability or injury can lead to reduced mobility and OT can significantly improve this.
- Helps the body heal naturally: The body is not being subjected to any external chemical, and only natural movements and exercises are done, which is beneficial for the person.
- May reduce or eliminate muscle spasms: Pain and disability can lead to reduced mobility, which can cause muscle spasm. OT can help reduce and in some cases completely reverse the muscles spasms that may have set in. Can be supplemented with thermal modalities and treatment to reduce pain: Adding heat packs and moist heat to the regimen will produce better results.
- Treatment is customized for the individual: Each person is different with the cause and the effect of disability. The therapist will customize the program based on the person's needs and therefore will benefit the patient.
- Can boost self-esteem and promote feeling of well-being: The mere thought of being independent gives a big moral boost to the affected person, thereby improving quality of life.
Occupational therapy forms a part of the holistic regimen and can, therefore be integrated along with physical therapy to reap benefits.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a disorder of the endocrine system in women. It has been found that women suffering from PCOS have enlarged ovaries. These bigger ovaries contain fluids called follicles. During an ultrasound examination, these follicles are seen. If you are suffering from irregular or prolonged menstrual periods, acne, obesity and uncontrolled hair growth, you can get yourself tested for PCOS. However, doctors have failed to determine the exact cause of PCOS. This condition can have dangerous consequences and affect the overall health of the patient. If left untreated, it can cause type 2 diabetes or heart diseases.
What happens in PCOS?
Women suffering from this disorder experience a hormonal imbalance in their body. The hormone changes triggers multiple issues in the body. Sometimes, body produces excess of sex hormone. Women may develop masculine features due to over-production of male hormones or androgens. There might be imbalance in insulin levels, increasing the risk of developing diabetes.
What causes PCOS?
Surprisingly, the exact cause of PCOS is not known. Researchers have not been able to pinpoint the exact cause for developing PCOS. However, some believe that the cause has hereditary links.
Symptoms of PCOS
The symptoms of PCOS are usually mild in nature during the initial stage. In the beginning, only few symptoms are detectable. These include acne, obesity, extra hair growth on face, thinning of hair on the scalp and irregular periods. The symptoms often get unnoticed by the patient first or they relate those of the pregnancy.
Conceiving with PCOS
In case, you have been detected with PCOS and it is the reason behind your infertility, you must not get dishearten. You have a possibility to induce ovulation. One can opt for fertility medications. These drugs have shown success in ovulation and pregnancy.
Some of these are as follows:
1. Metformin. It helps to regulate the amount of insulin in the blood. It also helps to resolve fertility issues.
2. Clomiphene citrate. It stimulates ovulation
3. Gonadotropins. These are known to be hormone shots, which cause ovulation.
4. Letrozole. This drug is known to block estrogen production. Instead, it increases production of follicle-stimulating hormone.
5. Ovarian drilling. If fertility medications fail, doctor may try doing a surgery known as “ovarian drilling.” In this method, a surgeon inserts a needle through the abdomen of the patient to destroy a smaller portion of the ovaries. This lowers the androgens produced by the ovary.