Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Flu
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Coughing Treatment & Management
Treatment of Hearing Loss
Treatment of Sore Throat
Treatment of Blocked Nose
Treatment of Snoring
Treatment of Stammering
Treatment of Nose Bleed
Treatment of Tinnitus
Treatment of Vertigo
Treatment of Nose Infection
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Glue Ear
Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind SoniYour feedback matters!
Can you please tell me the expenses for the single ear operation in Kolkata. My left eardrum seriously infected or replacement may be needed according to a doctor. I know nothing more than it. Suffering from last 3 years, small fluctuation in hearing & frequent itching, discharge in ear. Please guide me anyway. I'm a student & I've economical problem I'll be highly grateful if you suggest me a cheap but best clinic for operation in Kolkata. Please let me know the approximate expenses for it. Thanks doctor.
Just like there are exercises to lose weight, there are simple exercises, which you can do to stop your snoring completely. Snoring is a common condition and it generally takes place more in men than women. It mostly affects individuals who are overweight and the condition gets worsened with age. Though it is not a serious condition, it has to be dealt as it affects the sleep of your sleeping partner. The main cause of snoring is an improper flow of air through the mouth or nose.
The airflow to the nose is obstructed by factors like:
- Genetic factors
- Sinus Infection
How to Prevent Snoring:
It is very essential that prior attention is given to this condition before it turns out to be a serious problem. The self help tips that can be used by individuals to stop snoring include proper exercising, losing weight, quitting smoking and not drinking alcohol as well as setting up an ideal sleeping pattern. There are devices available in the pharmaceutical stores like the mouth guard device which are specially designed to help stop snoring. There are medications also available that help to stop snoring and have good quality sleep.
Amazing and Simple Exercises to Stop Snoring:
You can cure your snoring problem easily by practicing vocal exercises without the need of even going through a painful and expensive surgery.
- Singing: Singing is an excellent exercise that is very good for your vocal passage and that can cure the snoring problem. It is best that you start singing in a warm shower and the moist steam of the warm water would soothe your throat. The benefit of singing is that it tightens the muscles and it is an excellent and natural way that would cure your sleeping problem. You can practice singing at least 20 minutes in a day, and you would surely experience the difference.
- Yawning: The second simple exercise that can be done to stop snoring is yawning, which involves opening and closing of your mouth. The exercise done in a yawning motion would strengthen both the inner and outer neck muscles. It is very necessary that the mouth is opened widely, and this activity can be done anytime of the day.
- Chewing: The third exercise that is helpful to get relief from sleep disorders is chewing. You can fix your throat by chewing the tip of a pencil. You don't have to bite the pencil, and you just need to fix your throat muscles to make certain that your airway is clear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have been suffering from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, sciatica and chronic sinus problem of streptococci. I feel that when sinus problem aggravates, a few days after my suffering of arthritic pain increases. Sinus problem is of frontal or maxillary affecting right eye which becomes red and itchy, painful. I am taking kali bichrome, hydrastis, echinacea. Please help me advising medicines for longer use.
Sir I have sinusitis and it occurs in every winter and I feel uncomfortable during colder days the symptoms are headache and nasal Congestion how could I get rid of it.
I am 18 years old and I'm male. I have huge ear wax. What should I do to clean it? And also I have blackheads on and around my nose. Please suggest me some remedies.
Hi, I am 26 year old, couple of weeks back, I went to mumbai on an official trip and then one night we had lots of liquor (i'll say like 2 beers, 2 lits) but didnt have dinner. I woke up at 1pm(next day) and had a pizza an hour after having the pizza I felt pukish, heartburn, and also a pain in the center of my chest (kind of discomfort) around 8pm I took digene which eased out my discomfort a little. The next day my eyes were pretty heavy and I felt very exhausted I thought I had a stroke so I started ors which gradually helped me come out of this. Thereafter I used to have dizziness whenever I ate anything. I came back had some tests done it came out to be that I was low on vitamin d (4. 5) and high on eosinophils(9. 9) I was asked to take 60k iu / week along with deworming. Things have started to become normal for me now but I kind of have issues while breathing especially at night. One day I felt so bloated that it became very hard for me to even breathe.
Hi i am 27 year old male I have throat infection problem from past 5 year if I had any cold items it come please help me what should I do?
Hi doctors my whole body feel light. Mostly my head. And pounding heart. All my test is good. My throat pain as well. What's the cause?
I am 25 year old male. Have retracted tympanic membrane. Every now n then I have blow air through ears to listen properly. Is there any permanent solution.
Hi Doctor, I am a 53 years man. I am feeling warmness in foots, heaviness in head, weakness and some times dizziness. My B12 level is 508, sugar 140/ 160 and HGB-16.9. I. I can't understand the problem. Please help me.
I am 25 years old software engineer. I am getting dizziness every day while working or walking even though having good sleep. Please let me know what is the problem? Which doctor to consult?
I am having sinus problem i am having frontal headache as soon as I rise in morning daily and also at the backside of my neck and also having some amount of blood in my cough and from nose n daily five to six times of sneezing.
In my ear I am listening a tinny bell ringing all 24 hoursa I am 73 years old.Please suggest something
Here are allergic issues of the Nose
Hello, I am Dr. Manish Prakash, senior ENT consultant at Mayom Hospital, Gurgaon. Today we are going to talk about allergic issues of the nose.
More commonly nasal allergies are referred to as Allergic Rhinitis. These allergies can either be seasonal or perennial allergies. Seasonal allergies majorly manifest in terms of seasonal changes whereas perennial allergies would be present throughout the year and they would tend to bother patients all through the year. These allergies are caused by allergens, most of which are aero allergens, sometimes they can be food allergens as well. These aero allergens are present in our environment commonly like pollens, house dust, mites and can lead to a lot of allergic reactions in the nose. A typical allergic reaction manifests itself whenever the body comes in contact with an allergen. There are a lot of problems in the nose in terms of itching and watery discharge from the nose. The eyes sometimes tend to become red and itch. These manifest in a lot of sneezing and sometimes it may also be associated with some wheezing and difficulty in breathing also. This typical allergic reaction may last for few minutes and may go on for few hours as well. It can incapacitate the patient and lead to a lot of problems in the workplace.
Now we are going to discuss how we handle these allergic problems. The easiest and best way to handle these is to avoid the Allergens. So we try to identify based on the history, the experience of the patient and some clinical testing to find out what is the allergen which is causing the problem to the patient. So typically we start with some IGE profiling which is a blood test which can tell us about the allergy status of the patient and that will give us an idea of how much is the allergy level within the patient’s body. Also nowadays we do some Allergy Profiling Test. These tests can tell us as to we are having a specific allergy to which particular allergen and we can do some blood tests which can guide us towards the further treatment of the patient. Also, we have some Skin Allergy Testing which is what we call as Skin Prick Allergy Testing. This test can help us to differentiate between the various types of allergies.
These allergies may sometimes be used as a prick test over the body either typically over the forearm or shoulder and if there is any swelling in the place of the pricking it confirms that there is an allergic reaction of the body towards this particular thing. Once, we are diagnosed of what we are allergic to, we have to start avoiding that particular thing but sometimes we come across things which are very common in our environment and we cannot avoid them like dust mites, pollens to which we can get exposed to whenever we go out. So we have to think about allergy suppression. When we talk about allergy suppression, it would mean that we can either use some anti histaminic which can help us to suppress the allergic symptoms which are present within the body. Typically we can use over the counter available medication like Cetrazin which can help us to decrease the severity of such kind of symptoms.
Patients who have very high allergy levels and continuous symptoms are often advised to use some nasal sprays. These are typically INCS nasal sprays which are intranasal cortical steroid sprays. They help us to decrease the inflammation inside the nose and also decrease the allergic manifestations which lead to improvement in the patient’s overall well-being. Many of these anti allergic medications may need a long term usage and the latest medications which are available are very good and very safe and they can be used for a long period of time. Nowadays we also have newer modalities in terms of immunotherapy in which we can make some vaccines for the allergens which we have diagnosed to these allergy testing and we can serially expose the patient over a period of time and that can help us to decrease the sensitivity to these allergies and over a period of time it will lead to decreased manifestations of allergies and decreased dependence on anti allergic medications.
If you have any such kind of problems in terms of nasal allergy or any other ENT problem you can contact me through Lybrate.com or visit my clinic at Mayom Hospital, South City-1, Gurgaon. Thank you.
There are various kinds of nosebleeds that can be caused by a variety of conditions. While some of them may not be too serious, one must never ignore heavy and persistent nosebleeds. These nosebleeds are usually of two kinds: anterior nosebleeds, and posterior nosebleeds. While 90% of all nosebleeds are anterior nosebleeds, the posterior nosebleeds are far less common and may be slightly more serious in nature. An anterior nosebleed is usually caused in the blood vessels that lie on the front portion of the nose and can be controlled easily. A posterior nosebleed usually comes from damage to an artery in the rear portion of the nose. Infection, trauma, allergic reactions and other such causes may be behind a nosebleed. Let us cast a glance on the tips to prevent nosebleeds.
- Salt water and saline nose drops can be used in order to prevent nosebleeds. It is important to take these on a regular basis in case you are experiencing these nosebleeds on a regular basis.
- The use of painkillers like Aspirin and other non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs must be limited. Sometimes, taking such medication too frequently may lead to nosebleeds.
- You would do well to control your blood pressure because hypertension and other forms of high blood pressure can also cause nosebleeds. Lifestyle changes like your diet and exercise can help in keeping a more stable blood pressure level so that you do not fall prey to frequent nosebleeds.
- Humidify your home with a humidifier so that the air does not get too dry. Many times, this causes nosebleeds. Also, you may want to keep the heat down in the bedrooms. Many nosebleeds happen due to too warm temperatures while you are sleeping.
- Nose picking should also be discouraged as it can lead to nosebleeds in case there is a scratch or any other kind of damage when you try to force the dirt out.
- It has also been found that smoking has a connection with nosebleeds. This can be fixed if the patient quits smoking.
- One should not use nasal sprays without a prescription from a doctor. This also includes antihistamines, decongestants as well as other medicated sprays. These may not suit the patient at all times, and may also lead to nosebleeds.
- In the event of a nosebleed, you will need to lean forward with your head tilted backwards. This will stem the bleeding. If it is possible, you must also try and lie down immediately for a few minutes.