Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arvind Sanwalka
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind SanwalkaYour feedback matters!
I have a problem of thyroid, because of that my whole body is paining at all the time. So please tell me some solution of this problem?
It is built on the concept of maintaining the balance of various body elements including blood, nutrients and the energy force known as ‘chi’ which flows along lines called meridians in the body for optimum health. Putting pressure by finger placements at designated points from where these meridians can be accessed, is supposed to unblock the flow of energy to get rid of chronic pain and disease.
Acupressure for pain-relief
- Acupressure is used for a variety of ailments. One of its most common uses is to relieve pain, such as back pain, sciatica, menstrual cramps and headaches.
- It can also be used to help with nausea and vomiting, fatigue, stress, weight loss, and even addictions.
Acupressure helps relieve pain in different ways, like
- It is believed to cause deep relaxation and a decrease in muscle tension and is thus useful in relieving low back pain, post-operative pain, and headaches.
- L4 point, for example, is commonly used for stress, facial pain, headaches, toothaches, and neck pain.
- It is located on your hand between your thumb and the index finger.
- Liver 3 point (LV3) is also used for stress, lower back pain, high blood pressure, menstrual cramps, insomnia, and anxiety.
- This point is located in between your big toe and second toe, in the soft flesh.
- You can press these points yourself for about 4 seconds and then steadily reduce pressure to experience relief from pain.
How does acupressure work?
- Studies have been done and are still being done to understand how acupressure relieves pain.
- They suggest that acupressure releases endorphins and promotes anti-inflammatory effects, helping with pain due to arthritis like back and limb pain.
- Endorphins are the pleasure-inducing, painkilling chemicals that flood the brain and numb pain signals.
- A few theories also call acupressure something that’s all in the mind and no more than a placebo. But either way, it does provide relief to patients when done over long periods of time.
- Acupressure is also an effective way to treat depression during pregnancy, and to reduce the pain of menstrual cramps, according to a new research done at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
Similarly, a recent Korean study has found that acupressure treats menstrual cramps more effectively than pain killers. If you want to benefit from acupressure, you need to press the pain points over time as each time you manipulate the pressure points, you help balance your ‘chi’. Some people may see results immediately, and sometimes results are seen after some time. Pain can also return. You have to keep pressing the pressure points to keep the pain away forever. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
For about 10 days am feeling too much pain in the legs, back and half of my head maybe due to acidity / gastric problem as my tongue is also white and tastes awful. Kindly suggest a remedy.
My whole body pains after waking up in the morning. Persist for whole day .and I have problem of fullness in stomach since few days. Suggest something plz.
In body there is very much pains my eyes are paining so much my head is not working properly so please sir give me a sagetion.
Whether it is winter temperatures dipping, a lower temperature caused due to rains or chills created by air conditioning, the moment our body experiences lower temperatures than it is comfortable with, various forms of aches crop up, esp. if you already have a condition or have been physically hurt.
Winters are typically associated with several types of body pains. Particularly, we’ve seen higher incidences of nerve – related pain, joint pains and vascular pains during the season.
Manage your pains by following these 6 tips:
1. Keep yourself warm: Needless to say, it’s extremely important to keep yourself warm when its gets uncomfortably cold. Clinical research has shown higher incidence of nerve – related, vascular pain and joint pains if your body is exposed to low temperatures for long periods. This is especially true if you are 60+ in age. So, dress appropriately with body warmers, sweaters and jackets
2. Keep yourself physically active: A colder weather reduces average activity levels. An average person walks up to 1,000 lesser steps when its cold. To avoid pain in knees and other joints, it’s especially important to keep up activity levels. Try and take out time for walking in the afternoons or evenings, even if it is inside your house or office.
3. Take care of your diet: It is important to ensure that your intake of Vitamin D, Calcium and Vitamin B complex is adequate. Make sure that your diet remains rich in dal, green leafy vegetables (Vitamin B complex), milk (Calcium) and cheese and egg yolk (Vitamin D).
4. Get enough exposure to sunlight: Lesser exposure to the sun causes Vitamin D deficiency during winters, which can result in fatigue, lethargy and general body pains. Make sure to get at least 15-20 minutes of sunlight exposure, ideally in the mornings around 9am to 10am.
5. Avoid the wrong foods: Actively manage your diseases like diabetes and hypertension to stay pain free. If you suffer from diabetes, make sure that you do not overeat foods with high glycemic index. If you suffer from hypertension, it is important to keep away from spicy and oily foods.
6. Get expert advice: Visit your pain specialist if your pains continue for more than 2 weeks. Be regular with your prescribed pain medications, but strictly avoid self-medication or overuse of painkillers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.