Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind SailiYour feedback matters!
My son is suffering from cold and cough past 2 days. I am giving him sporidex 2.5 ml 3 times a day. Any remedies for cough? please suggest.
You can find soy milk lining the shelves of most grocery stores. With a wide range of child-friendly flavors, such as vanilla and chocolate, this creamy dairy milk substitute can be appealing to kids of all ages. Some infant formulas are even made from soy. As with any food item, soy milk has several potential advantages and disadvantages for the children who drink it.
Pros and Cons: Allergies
Millions of children throughout the United States suffer from some level of allergies related to cow's milk, warns the Alabama Cooperative Extension System. The agency says that soy milk can be an ideal substitute as it doesn't contain the lactose protein that can cause kids such trouble. On the flip side, some children are allergic to soy products. Because food allergies can vary widely in terms of severity, consult your doctor if you have any concerns about your child's allergic reactions.
Pros and Cons: Hormones
Research is inconclusive regarding the effect that soy milk and other soy products may have on a developing child's hormone levels, reports Harvard Medical School. Soy milk contains estrogen receptors that may mimic the effects of estrogen, and may affect cancer risks related to breast and prostate cancer. Harvard notes that there's yet to be sufficient evidence to avoid soy milk, and that cow's milk also contains hormones that may potentially be harmful.
Pros: Bowel Movements
Children ages 3 years or younger may benefit from being fed soy milk formulas over cow-milk-based formulas. The National Institutes of Health's MedlinePlus reports that soy formulas help such children experience fewer cases of diarrhea and less frequent bowel movements, potentially because of soy milk's fiber content.
Pros: Calcium Supplementation
Washington University advises using fortified soy milk as a way to ensure your child is getting enough calcium. Sufficient dietary calcium intake among toddlers and children helps ensure proper growth, development and strong bones, according to the university. Additionally, the university says fortified soy milk also contains vitamin D, a vitamin that enhances calcium absorption.
Cons: Thyroid Problems
In very rare cases, soy milk given to infants can cause fluctuations in thyroid levels, which can cause goiters, warns the National Institutes of Health's MedlinePlus. Goiter is the medical term involving an enlarged neck related to thyroid problems. The institute's report that the problem ceases when soy milk is withheld.
My grand daughter is allergic to all nuts accept coconut. She is 9 years old. Is there homeopathy treatment for it?
Hello My 3 years old child has not passed stools for five consecutive days. We have tried all means to stimulate him and also fed him fibre rich food but all of that was of no use. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Sir my 5 months baby girl looks week and she sucking her all finger all time after feeding. Can I give her any other think.
Sir my son has tongue problem. Means when my son put out his tongue then pic point of tongue make a heart shape. Means connector of tongue and jaw joined together. Due to this complete tongue not put out as usual. Please advise me what I do. Age of son is 4 year.
My daughter's son is 1.5 year old. Which milk is safe for him. He is on breastfeed currently. Can v give cow milk? His weight is 12 kg.
My sisters sons aged 2 year & 3 year they were too naughty and they have some habits like split of saliva and beating others we feel quite difficult to control and change their behavior.
My kid is 7 years old and diagnosed with autism. Doea acupuncture wil help him in curing his abnormality. Plzz suggest treatment for him. He looks very normal but he cannot speak and is very hyper. Plzz help.
For a child, the first visit to the dentist can be panicky. This is because they don't realize what's in store. Children get a better idea about dentists after getting some information about the visit. We, as grown ups, must be set up to answer the inquiries and instruct our children in the most ideal way.
The following are some valuable tips on the best way to set up a child for the first dentist appointment:
- Guardians regularly ask when they ought to take their child for the first ever dental visit. The best time to begin taking children for a dental checkup is either when their first tooth pops out, or right around their first birthday. Expert dentists are capable of instantly recognizing any potential issues with the development and advancement of the jaw and delicate palate. Children's teeth are more porous and defenseless to decay than grown-up's teeth; so early mediation is a basic to guarantee those small teeth staying sound. It is also recommended that guardians begin brushing their child's teeth when they start coming out, utilizing a delicate toothbrush and plain water. Brushing should be started as early as possible.
- It's never too early to begin acquainting your kids with tooth brushing and knowledge of oral health. The best time to begin is before your kid's first dental visit. Youngsters love to find out about their bodies, and love to grin, touch, and investigate new things. There are many fun ways to impart oral health education to children. The more agreeable they are with their mouth and teeth, the less demanding your youngster's first dental visit will be.
- Tooth brushing is an essential piece of our everyday self-care, and it is our habit. A child, after being introduced to a brush and a toothbrush will take a certain time period to make daily brushing a habit. Guardians and the kids can brush their teeth "together". It is essential to note that toothbrushes are apparatuses, not toys, and that infants and babies ought to be firmly directed.
- Little children, are extremely insightful and touchy to the states of mind of people around them. Children regularly reflect our conduct. When we are casual and upbeat, children will probably be loose, as well. Children are additionally more casual when they are prepared for or taught something. Invest energy conversing with children about going to the dentist. You can also discuss what the dentist will do, emphatically.
- Always choose the most trustworthy dentist who is friendly and knows how to handle a child on his first dentist visit.
A child's first dentist appointment is a special one, and you should prepare him accordingly.
Soft drinks, cordials and fruit juices should be consumed in a limited quantity because they are acidic in nature. Acidic food or drinks often soften the tooth material which leads to the dissolution of minerals into the tooth enamel, resulting in cavities (holes).
My daughter is 2 and half months now. She is. Passing stools from last two weeks in a watery way. And it happens as soon as I feed her. Coming along with a fart. She is only on breast feeding. She s not sleeping in the day time after this. Am not eating anything from outside. Only diet from home. Kindly guide.
I am a 41 year old male, I was on depression medication for 12 years and consumption of alcohol for 22 years, both are stopped since last three months. 1. Gas and Acidity 2. Back pain 3. Weight loss / dieting 4. Pain all over body, like hitting with pin. 5. Heaviness in the head loose of balance 6. Recently started Migraine issues 7. Eye weakness, flickering at times. 8. Dizziness.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
She has 16 month old now. But all physically developments late. I mean physically well. But they happened few day ya month later. Can you help me?
Sir, My 7 year old daughter is suffering from low level of thyroid. Her growth is not normal at this age. Mentally she is good but her physical growth is bad. Her nails also didn't growing from last more than 10 months. Kindly suggest me what to do.
As diabetes is metabolic condition in which an individual affected would have rise in blood glucose level either due to insulin production is not sufficient or body's cells do not respond properly to insulin or both.
- frequent urination and increased thirst
- unexplained weight loss
- cuts and wounds takes long time to heal
- scabies and scratchiness on skin feet getting numb or cramps in legs
- lack of exercise and obesity
- unhealthy diet junk food fatty food alcohol tobacco etc,
- lack of proper nutrition expecially proteins and fibres
- stress and anxiety
- gestational diabetes
- weight control
- away from tension and stress
- avoid tobacco and its products
- follow healthy diet with fruits and green vegetables
- restrain from eating sweets
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.