Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind SachdevaYour feedback matters!
I am 70 years old, having E.D. Since 3 years. On anti-hypertensive medicines.No diabetes. Overweight by 10 Kg. Moderated alcohol consumption once a week. Could I be helped?
My mother is 67 yrs old & she is having a corn or causes in feet (with pus) having terrible pain & also she is diabetic, so please can you suggest any treatment.
What are the symptoms of swine flu? And I have also problem while reading, suddenly the all not clearly visible, like blur. Is it necessary to consult with Doctor for eyes. And sometimes not clearly visible thing that is little bit far from me.
But mangoes are king of fruits. Summer is the only season to consume them as they are available. It's stupid to not consume them because of heat. Don't eat in large quantities but mangoes are good for health too.
Hello doctor I am suffering with excess sweating from childhood .I will get sweating through out the body even in winter and rainy season can you please get me the solution.
The way your day starts can affect your entire day and nothing is worse than fighting constipation in the morning. Along with a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen and bloating, constipation can also cause mood swings and lower your attention span. While laxatives can be temporary quick fixes, they can worsen the problem over time.
Hence, it is better to treat this disorder with a few simple lifestyle changes and home remedies.
- Eat plenty of fibre: A bad diet is one the key factors triggering constipation. Fibre not only fills the stomach, but also helps add bulk to your stool making it easier to pass. Ideally, a person should have 20-40 grams of fibre a day. If you suffer from chronic constipation, you can increase this amount a little as well. As an easy way to increase your fibre consumption is ensure that you eat some form of raw salad with every meal. Other foods that are rich in fibre are oats, almonds, cereals, beans, lentils and fruits.
- Ginger tea or mint tea: Ginger is a warming herb, which when had in form of tea can make the body generate more internal heat. This helps activate the digestion process and thereby relieves constipation. The menthol in peppermint has an antispasmodic effect that helps relax the digestive tract muscles and makes it easier for stool to pass through. Dandelion tea can also be used as a mild natural laxative.
- Castor oil: Castor oil is a popular natural laxative. This is because one of the components of this oil helps stimulate the small and large intestine. To benefit from castor oil, have 1 or 2 teaspoons of the oil on an empty stomach. You should be able to pass stool within about 8 hours.
- Drink plenty of water: Water not only hydrates the body, but also helps food move along the digestive system. Without adequate water, the stool is likely to be hard and difficult to pass. Ideally, you should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Do not count artificially sweetened beverages as part of this count as they can actually cause constipation instead of ease it.
- Warm lemon water: Lemon juice helps stimulate the digestive system and hence is ideal for treating constipation. When mixed with warm water, it can help eliminate toxins from the body. Adding a little honey to the mixture can also work as a mild laxative. Alternatively, you could add salt in place to honey as this encourages the bowel muscle contraction and is rich in magnesium. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda and ask a free question.
- Vasti: This is one of the main panchakarma treatments in Ayurveda.Vasti means medicated enema, since medicines reach your bowels directly without enzymatic actions,its effectiveness is very high.This treatment is used to flush the loosened doshas out through the intestinal tract. It alleviates constipation, distention, chronic fever, the common cold, sexual disorders, kidney stones, heart pain, vomiting, backache, neck pain, and hyper acidity.
I am 43 male and suffering from diabetes my father also suffered same now my diabetes level is 170 fasting from long time I want to reduce this upto 100 please help me.
I am a 47 year old women. I am having small sores on my inner tongue close to the throat area. I have BP and THYROID for the last 4 to 5 years. As advice I had done my thyroid test where I found that my TSH level is 19.1 ulU/ml. Now I am being asked to refer an endocrinologist. I have a burning sensation on my inner tongue, cause of which I can't take spicy food. This has started for the last one month. And I had taken medicines for allergy at first, referred by a doctor which I was made to stop after my test result. But the sores and burning and the uneasiness on my tongue prevails. Please help!
I m suffering from fever from thursday along with cold and sunday night I got fainted at the chemist shop and was unconscious for about 2 minutes which I know as I was unconscious I can't tell exactly that it was more than 2 minutes or not. Please tell why it is happening. I have gone through blood test yesterday.When I got fainted symptoms were sudden anxiety, stomach ache and there was darkness in my eyes. Please respond asap.
Each tiny action we commit involves the risk of a condition, disease or disorder. For instance, sneezing a bit too hard can rupture an eye vessel, or having your face right up against the wind in a moving bus can expose you to germs. Diabetes is as prevalent as common cold in every household and there is no end to the list of causes that can make you suffer from it. While regular check-ups, medications, insulin shots can help you cope, there are certain measures that if followed, can enable you to avoid the risk of secondary yet fatal diseases. Diabetic nephropathy is one such condition.
When Kidney is affected to the extent that it cannot perform its functions(like excretion of wastes in urine, filtering blood from waste, maintaining electrolyte balance,etc.) properly, it is called as Nephropathy. The reason behind kidney damage could be many, but if diabetes is the prime cause, it is known as diabetic nephropathy in medical terms.
A few features of this disorder are as follows:
- The kidneys comprise of several small blood vessels, which perform the function of sifting waste from your blood. Diabetes at an advanced stage can impede smooth functioning of these vessels. As a result, the kidneys malfunction or a person faces kidney failure.
- Nephropathy brings along some other health issues as well. A person's blood pressure may increase as a result, thus making him or her prone to heart attacks and strokes. Sharp rise in cholesterol and triglyceride levels has also been noticed.
- A doctor will check for the presence of a protein called albumin in the patient's urine to know if you suffer from nephropathy or not. Other tests to determine the functioning of kidneys are - S.Creatinine, eGFR, Albumin/Creatinine Ratio (ACR), 24 Hour Urine Protein, Renal Function Tests, etc. A diabetic person should therefore go in for yearly tests.
In a given situation such as this, dialysis or kidney transplant comes to your aid. Both are done when kidney functions are irreversibly damaged. Dialysis can be of two kinds; Hemodialysis or Peritoneal dialysis. Dialysis (also called as Renal Replacement Therapy) remedies kidney damage and kidney failure by using a machine to extract salts, wastes and other fluids in excess from the blood to let your blood have a healthy composition. Dialysis should only be done under the supervision of an experienced nephrologist for best results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.