Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Prp Hair Transplant
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind PoswalYour feedback matters!
How to get rid from red pimples in face Quickly, precaution to be taken to get rid from it. Suggest me any medicine for this. Thank You.
Hi, I am 23 years old married women. I have some ringworms near my thigh. Or I can say jock itch. I use fourderm and clotrimazole. But it doesn't work for me. Please recommend me a better solution for those ringworms. Because I am afraid of vaginal ringworms. I don't want to be happen. Please please help me.
Dear sir There is itching and rashes in my skin inner wearing area and the itching on hands also. Please refer a herbal soap used for me. And to recover from all itches. Now I am using pears.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my face. I used scar removal cream for 8 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
I have short curly hair. Normally like to blow dry my hair to style it as otherwise it's totally unmanageable. What kind products should I use to enhance my natural curls . Please tell.
I have black circle under my eyes what should I do it's because of smoking or something else. I have been doing night shift since last 1 year.
An often persistent and long-lasting condition, psoriasis interferes with the life cycle of skin cells and causes them to increase rapidly on the surface of the skin. These generally appear as dry, itchy and red patches of skin having thick, silvery scales.
Psoriasis can be subdivided into the following:
- Plaque psoriasis: The most common form, characterized by dry, red skin lesions covered with silvery scales and can be seen anywhere on the body.
- Scalp psoriasis: These appear on the scalp and may extend beyond the hairline.
- Nail psoriasis: These affect the toenails and fingernails.
- Guttate psoriasis: Characterized by blister-like appearances and are stimulated by bacterial infections.
- Inverse psoriasis: Caused by fungal infections.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis: Can cover the entire body with a reddish rash that may peel.
- Pustular psoriasis: Capable of causing chills, fever and diarrhea.
The usual signs and symptoms of psoriasis include:
- Red, sensitive patches of skin
- A silvery, scaly cover
- Dry and cracked skin that may bleed when scratched or agitated
- Tiny scaling spots (witnessed in children)
- Persistent itching, soreness or burning sensation
- Ridged, thickened or pitted nails
- Stiff and swollen joints
Possible causes of psoriasis may include:
- Skin infections or strep throat infections
- Skin injuries, like cuts, bites or sunburns
- Cold weather
- Chronic alcoholism
- Certain medications such as high blood pressure medications
The following factors may further increase the risk of developing the disease:
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Family history
A few health tips for psoriasis patients:
- Maintain safer distance from the possible variables that cause or aggravate psoriasis
- Practice yoga regularly. Yoga can lessen the intensity of psoriasis.
- Avoid pricking, peeling or scratching your skin.
- Make sure to pat your skin dry after washing, and avoid rubbing vigorously with towel or any rough cloth.
- Avoid artificial cleansers and use gram flour (besan flour) instead.
- Use cotton clothes
- Avoid cold water bath or immediate cleaning up right after heavy work-out, long walks, or travel.
- Avoid food stuffs that can cause indigestion.
- Avoid excessive salty and acidic food stuffs, radish, urad dal, sesame, jaggery (gur), curds, fish and other sour food stuffs that can trigger psoriasis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
How to restore my original fair skin tone Using natural home remedies and which hair oil is best for hair strengthening Thank you in advance.
Natural Ways to Get Healthy Hair
1. Olive Oil
Olive oil will also add body to your hair. Plus, it will help soften and strengthen your
Massage your hair and scalp with warm oil and leave it on for at least 30-45 minutes. Risen it out thoroughly and wash your hair overnight and then shampoo your hair the next morning.
Another option is to mix olive oil with some honey and apply the mixture on your hair. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes and then wash your hair.
Use either of these remedies once or twice a week.
2. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds can also be used to prevent hair loss and enjoy better hair growth.
Soak two to three tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in water for eight to 10 hours. Grind the soaked seeds to make a fine paste. You can also mix two teaspoon of coconut milk in it. Apply the paste on your hair and scalp and allow it to sit for about 30 minutes before washing your hair with lukewarm water. When done weekly on a regular basis this remedy will prevent dry scalp and help you enjoy thicker hair.
3. Indian Gooseberry
The anti-inflammatory,antioxidant, antibacterial and exfoliating properties present in Indian gooseberry can help a lot in maintaining a healthy scalp and better hair growth rate.
Mix one tablespoon of Indian gooseberry or amla powder in two tablespoon of coconut oil and heat until boiling. Strain the oil and massage it onto your scalp before going to bed. The next morning, shampoo your hair as usual. DO this on weekly basis.
4. Aloe Vera
Another very popular ingredient that can be used to enjoy thicker hair is aloe vera, thanks to its moisturizing quality. It will also help restore the pH balance of the scalp.
Extract the gel from one or two aloe vera leaves and rub the gel onto your scalp. Allow it to sit for 30 minutes before rinsing your hair with lukewarm water. Do this once or twice a week on regular basis.
5. Henna Leaves
Another easy way to get thicker hair naturally is to apply henna. Henna leaves will give your hair a rich natural color and make it thicker, softer and less prone to breakage.
Grind a handful of fresh henna leaves with a little water to make a fine paste. Let it sit for two hours and then apply it to your hair. Cover your hair with a shower cap. After a few hours, wash your hair thoroughly and shampoo your hair.
Another option is to mix sufficient water in henna powder to make a paste with a yogurt-like consistency. Instead of plain water, you can also use green tea for better conditioning. Keep the henna paste aside overnight. The next day, add one raw egg and two teaspoons of lemon juice to this mixture. Apply it to your hair and leave it on until it dries completely. Finally, wash it off and shampoo your hair.
Note: Make sure to wear your gloves when using henna and apply the paste using a hair brush to avoid staining.
My skin is so sensitive, it doesn't look healthy and it looks very dull in exposed areas, how to regain even skin tone all over body
Sir/Ma'am My hair has been falling since last year. I'm going to turn 18 years soon. I'm very much worried about my hair as I had good hair before. Will those lost hair grow back? Now I shaved my head off. Also I had a little dandruff on my head. Hope it's gone. Will my hair fall again after growth? Please answer me.
I am 21 years old boyMy hairs are falling so much and my hair are less dense in middle portionWhat to do to stop hairfall.
I m getting my hairs white. Does it can be due to not sleeping for regular hours. Please help me out?
I want to get rid of pimples on my cheeks and I don't know what to do. So, please suggest me what things to do and don't to remove them?
Lybrate | Dr. Gopal Sarkar speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY