Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arvind Kumar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind KumarYour feedback matters!
My son is one and a half month old he is not at all breastfeeding as I try to breastfeed him he cries a lot nonstop. So which milk is best for him. As Dr. said I have flat nipple so I tried nipple shield also but than too he is not breastfeeding. Kindly suggest some alternate way to breast feed him or milk of which animal is best for him.
My daughter often suffers form cough and cold especially during season change and moist weather. Paediatrician has advised to take Laveta M (5 ml) once a day for three months .Is it good for a baby of 2 years and 2 months to continue a medicine for so long a period? Can it affect her immune system?
My 5 month baby is having constipation. I am giving her elcarim syrup twice daily. Now I have started cerelac and apple juice. She is suffering a lot. Even aftr giving raisin water no use. Please help.
Is diapers causes allergic for new born babies? Because my 15 days old baby got rashes. Please suggest what we have to do. Thank you.
My son Age 15 month boybaby He is taking no worm (albendazole) syrup last 15thapril & again 8th June 2016 around 2 months before due to worm present in stool But now worm is presented in his stool Is it safe to give him no worm syrup for worm treatment. Kindly advice me for proper treatment.
My baby is 13 month old. Her blood culture show citrobacter spp "grown" and CRP show 66 mg/L. After 14 days treatment of meromac 1gm nd pubic, CRP show 2.7 mg/L. But Dr. Say do the treatment 21 days of meromac nd pubic bt CRP show 2.7 Mg/L normal. So what I do?
Hello, My son just turned 5 in December. He speech is otherwise normal other than few words/alphabets for example he says 'La (in hindi)' in place of 'Ra (in Hindi)' does it require any medical intervention.
My child is seven years old, cared for her very much. He does not have any work carefully. My child is good at studies, but he does not read the carefully. While studying, he seems to make the picture. What to do?
If your child develops an eating disorder, you might be unsure about how to solve the problem and how to act on it. Eating disorders occur when your child tends to either eat in excess, or eats too less. The behavior of your child is also subjected to change because of an eating disorder. It is likely for him to get withdrawn, rude, and touchy. This makes it difficult for you to deal with them at a time when communication is necessary. Here are some essential tips that you should follow in dealing with eating disorders in children:
- You should get advice about how to talk to your child. It will help you in realizing that your child is likely to be defensive as their eating disorder is a form of coping. Hence, it is normal for a child to be reluctant about letting go of it. If your child is undergoing treatment, the treatment team has a vital role to play. However, your constant love and support are also very important.
- It is important to talk to your child about the condition, even though he cannot accept that he is having a problem. Communication is an essential part of treatment, which you should never ignore. You should not blame or judge your child, and refer proper resources to him. You have to be prepared for a negative response from your child.
- You should educate yourself properly about your eating disorder. Abstain from talking to your child about his appearance, even in the form of a compliment. Use ways for boosting your child’s self-esteem and confidence.
- Abstain from referring to weight problems and diets followed by other people. You need to assure your child that you will be there for him, no matter what. You should talk to him about activities he should get involved in, in a positive tone and approach.
- Coping with the meal times of your child suffering from an eating disorder is very important as well. Consult your child’s treatment team to know about ways of arranging your meal times ideally.
- Take your child out for shopping and agree on having meals that are acceptable, from both your and his end.
- You should have an agreement with your whole family regarding meals, which will help to set the expectations of everybody. Agree on not talking about fat content, calorie content, or portion sizes during meals.
- You must abstain from consuming low calorie food items in front of them. Try to keep the meal time atmosphere positive and light hearted. Do not focus on others during meal times and teach your child to concentrate on his own meal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!