Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind GuptaYour feedback matters!
I feel nauseated. Feel giddy. Have pukish feeling. Not able to understand the reason. I am 31 year old woman.
I have little little pimples on my face not like yellow substance type. Little little pimple with itching also. My face not looking plane and glow full. Its full of itching on my face. Please help me out doctor.
I am 30 years old .i have back pain since some years .i used many ointments and sometimes also use tablets but of no use. I have known this app resulted to solve many people problem. I am very happy to hear this .what is solution of my back pain?
I have a sedentary lifestyle, work in a stressful environment, can not have home food. Have gained 11 kg in the last 1 year and need to lose 20 kg. Please help!
Sebaceous cysts are also called as epidermoid cysts are characterized by the formation of small bumps beneath the skin, which are, however, noncancerous and can appear anywhere on the neck or face. Usually arising from sebaceous glands, sebaceous cysts are often harmless and take a long time to grow and develop. They normally do not cause any severe problems as such, but if they tend to be bothersome and painful, then you consult a doctor for treatment and diagnosis.
Signs and symptoms of sebaceous cysts include:
- Small, round bumps found underneath the skin.
- Formation of a thick, yellow, pungent-smelling material that may or may not leak from the cysts.
- Formation of small blackheads clogging the opening of the cyst.
- When inflamed, the area turns reddish in color and may swell up.
Causes behind it
Sebaceous cysts develop when the sebaceous glands or ducts are either damaged or clogged. Sebaceous glands generally secrete keratin and sebum, oils which are responsible for coating the hair and skin. Whenever they get blocked, these fluids accumulate, resulting in the formation of cysts. Whenever they get damaged, the cysts burst open and keratin oozes out as a thick and yellow fluid. Blockage or damage can occur because of any of the following reasons:
- Cuts, scratches and surgical wounds.
- Skin conditions like acne.
- Genetic problems like Garner's syndrome.
- Cell damage because of surgery.
- A deformed gland or duct.
A few factors which may make you more vulnerable to growing sebaceous cysts:
- If you have a history of acne.
- If you receive injuries to the skin.
- If you are past the age of puberty.
- If you have rare genetic disorders.
If the cysts trouble or bother you in any way, you should consider receiving treatment as they can cause further problems in the near future. These may include:
- Boil-like infections.
- Genital discomforts such as problems in urinating.
- Even when it is not infected, a cyst can get inflamed causing a lot of pain and uneasiness.
- Sebaceous cysts can, in extremely rare cases, lead to skin cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.