Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. ArvindYour feedback matters!
I have high blood pressure problem from many years and I have tried many medicines for the same. What else can I try doing?
I have chest pain from last 4 years&also I have bp problem. Sometimes when wake up after sleep I found my chest pounding with pain like somebody has punched me in the chest. Please help.
my age is 57 during 2013 I went an heart surgery, in vijaya hospital chennai after chest opening Doctor noticed the heart is bulged so he done mutual valve repair, now I am attending office now past threemonths I have got hitching problem I am taking 12 tablets daily.
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I am 50 yrs old and of late my BP reading is coming as 130/90, recoded every week, and it varied between 130/87 to 136/90. Pl advise, also inform reasons. I lead active life morning walk 3 to 4 KM on daily basis.
I am feeling throat burning and itching also headache continuously running nose, chest pain in right side. Is it swine flue.
How to low cholesterol level? Can anyone please tell me to low it without taking medicine. Because it increased only 1% extra.
I do not feel like studying even in the period of exam and I always fell depressed and feel like their is something heavy in my chest.
I am 40 years male and have family history for cardiovascular disease and diabetes. I am regular in gym and my weight is 68 kg, hight 181 cms. My all blood testes are normal except for hdl levels which is low (28) and triglyceride is high (250). What is your advice for me.
My father 56 year old he got accident. He is taking mediation in between heart attack pain came and angioplasty done now orthopedic doctor told that if we do the shoulder operation thar is risky because of my father is taking ecosprin tablet mins blood is become thin thane what to do?
What is the natural and permanent treatment for hyper tension? I am about 40 yrs old and living in delhi for 15 years.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I could hard can you suggest what should be done.|
My Cholesterol is 163 mg/DL but my triglyceride is 210 mg/dl. What should I do to Make my triglyceride levels became lower?
Hello one of my friend has a continuous problem of Low Blood Pressure due to which she often feels Dizziness. She is a 27 year old working female.
Hi actually smtyms my heartbeat gets higher n I feel lyk my heart area is block whim should I consult is it frm depression or heart problem?
Patient with acute myocardial infarction have longer duration chest pain than those without myocardial infaction.Patient with chest pain of short duration ,lessthan 5 minutes,are unlikly to have myocardial infarction and have good prognosis at 30 days.If the clinical impression and ECG are benign then patient can be discharged from emergency department itself.