Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind BountraYour feedback matters!
Sometimes, during consumption of certain food items many children get itchy throat, eyes, ears, asthma, sneezing, rashes, diarrhea and eczema. This can be due to food intolerance in children. It is a form of allergic disease in children. Every 1 out of 10 children suffer from food intolerance. These days, food allergies are becoming more and more common in children who are allergic to nuts, milk and eggs. In some cases it can also be life threatening. This condition is known as anaphylaxis. Milk and egg allergies are more common throughout the world.
Symptoms of food intolerance:
Your bowels start becoming irritable.
Stomach starts to ache.
Cough and cold is a common symptom.
Causes of food intolerance in children:
There are enzymes in your body, which help you to digest the food you consume. Some enzymes in your body are insufficient; which further causes food intolerance in children. For instance, lactose intolerance causes spasms, stomach aches, diarrhea and so on so forth.
Food intolerance can also be caused due to chemicals, such as chemicals present in coffee, tea, cheese and chocolates.
Some food products can also cause food intolerance such as undercooked beans containing aflatoxins can cause extreme stomach infections in children.
Some children are also intolerant to certain food products which have salicylates such as majority of fruits, vegetables, herbs and also additives. Processed food contains a high amount of salicylates.
Children can be allergic to antioxidants like artificial food coloring, artificial flavoring and preservatives.
What to do if you think your child has food intolerance?
Take your child for a skin prick test. In this test, the skin is pricked with a thin needle and when the blood oozes out, supplements of different food products are put in that area. If that particular area becomes reddish and begins to itch, your child has allergy to that certain food product
A blood test should be done. It verifies the level of lgE present in your blood and finds out if your child is suffering from food intolerance or not. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My brother is now 8 years old but some of his teeth is not growing but the baby teeth fallen 3 months ago.Please help sir .
Hi I have a 3 year old child, he is in play school. Before going early morning school he takes only a glass of milk and some biscuits or cakes in his tiffen box for break time, is it good for him. I am really confused about his healthy food schedule. Please suggest me, what kind of food I should give him during his schooling and after?
I'm new mother my daughter is 3 months old I had taken iron entire pregnancy and den after delivery my gynaec told me to continue the iron for one month and calcium for 6 months. So I did the same does that effect the baby's development. And the pedestrian has only given vitamin D drops for my daughter.
2. Mix 4-5 drops of badam rogan oil in warm milk daily. This would also help to remove constipation in children.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My daughter is 2 years and 3 months old, she is too weak. Her birth weight was 2.5kg. Present weight was 12 kg. I suffer to her weight please give some better result food menu or medicine. Thank you.
Sir, My baby born last week 14.03.2017 baby is normal delivery wt: 2.265 kg but after one week phototherapy at discharge status wt is 2.035 kg now continue any drops are other medical advice please sir.
My girl baby 5 months old, she is drinking very less mother's milk due to reducing milk, we are give nan pro milk, 2 times (30ML 30ML) per day can we give any other food, please suggest me.
My 1.5 month old baby has not done potty for the past 7 days though he keeps passing gas and burps normally Anything serious.
My child is 5 year old. He did not ask for potty. He did not want to hold pencil. He did not write in his studies but he learn quickly. He did not react quickly in any matter. What should I do for my child?
Cell phones bring us close to people, but can also have a harmful effect on our health. Studies show that cell phone radiation could be one of the causes for brain cancer. However, this does not stop us from using a cell phone. Unfortunately, some people also allow their children to use cell phones, thus putting them at risk also.
Here are a few tips to reduce your child's exposure to cell phone radiation:
- Limit the use of cell phones: Adding an old school landline to your home can be used not only as a decor element, but functionally as well. When at home, route all calls of your cell phone to the landline. In addition, do not allow your children to use the cell phone as toy to play games on. If you absolutely must, give them the phone to play a game on, but first put it onto flight mode.
- Maintain distance: Start using a headset while answering calls on your cell phone. This allows you to keep a distance between the phone and your body. If children use your phone to answer calls, encourage them to do the same as well. As far as possible do not keep your phone in your pocket for long durations. If the cell phone is used as a morning alarm, ensure that it is not kept under the pillow, but on the bedside table.
- Text: Studies show that texting emits less radiation than voice calls. Make use of group messaging facilities to further reduce the amount of messages you need to send out and in turn the radiation emitted.
- Choose a good case: Some phone cases are built with materials that limit the radiation emitted by the phone. These cases allow the phone to receive signal, but restrict the outgoing radiations, thus protecting the person using the phone.
- Find good signal: Using your phone in an area with good reception will not only let you enjoy an uninterrupted call, but can also protect you against cell phone radiation. This is because radiation and signal strength have an inversely proportional relationship; the lower the signal, the higher the amount of radiation emitted.
- Ethernet cords: Today, an internet connection is a must have in every house. Along with cell phones, laptops and tablets emit radiation as well. To protect your family from this radiation use an Ethernet cord to connect to the internet instead of a wireless router.
My baby who is 8 months now sweats a lot on forehead and head when she sleeps. This is happening since she is born. Can I please get some help on that.
My baby is 7months old can any doc prescribed me what all foods should I start to my baby. As she is too weak.
Hai, my baby's feeding is too painful. My gynic recommended chymomax tablets for a week. While using there was no pain but after it is common. Now I am using nipple shield. Which one is safe for my baby either chymomax tablets or nipple shield. please suggest. If chymomax through out feeding can I use that tablets? If nipple shield for how many days a nipple shield should be changed?
I have delivered preterm baby and he is not breast feeding I am feeding him similac 1 baby is 20 days now his weight is low what should I feed him should I change baby powder n as he is not breast feeding I want to stop my milk any medicine please advice as I need to get to work after 15 days.
I had cough from last week I tried cough syrup but it did not work So did I got T. B or any serious illness?
Hello Doctors, My son born on 10-April-2016 and currently he is having 55 days with 3.9 Kg around. From yesterday morning we observed quite frequently he is vomiting after having feed. Feed will be maximum with Similac Advance 1 with quantity of around 90 ml in the frequency of 2.5 hrs to 3 hrs interval since wife not having enough milk but still she was trying to feed him. And he passed motion yesterday morning with mixing of green and yellow colour after that now only he passed motion but smell is very bad and we observing like he used to crying lot for last 2 days. Kindly suggest your most valuable suggestions. We are awaiting for your response very much eagerly. Thanks
A mother's prime focus always is how to ensure that her child is happy and comfortable, especially when the child is too small. One of the problems which bothers many mothers who are bringing up really small children, is diaper rash. Sensitive skin, tight diaper and prolonged contact with feces and urine etc are common reasons for diaper rash or irritant diaper dermatitis.
Here are few tips to avoid diaper rash and ensuring your child is always comfortable.
1. Careful with wash: if you are using a cloth diaper, be extra careful in washing such that there is no soap remaining in the cloth.
2. Clean well: when bathing your baby, make sure you clean the area covered by diaper with a mild soap and do not rub the area while drying, since the skin is sensitive.
3. Remove soiled diaper instantly: this is the most important. However busy you are, you need to aware of the times when the diaper/cloth has been soiled. And when soiled, the diaper has to be changed at the earliest. Do not keep your baby in the diaper for all hours of the day. It is good if they are out of the diaper for some time every day.
4. Keep the diaper loose. Also, ensure that you wash the cotton diapers with fabric softeners and try to avoid wipes altogether as they have strong chemicals in them.
5. Keep a tab on rashes: if your baby does get the rashes, check with the pediatrician at the earliest. Frequent topical applications of a bland protective barrier agent (zinc oxide paste) may suffice to prevent dermatitis. There are also chances of fungal infections. Antifungal creams should be used on advice of a doctor.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.