Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind BountraYour feedback matters!
Sir my daughter 6 years old is suffering from very high fever 103 - 104 F from night 10 pm. Now it is 3 pm but fever is still not down. We have consulted child specialist. Please tell.
I have a baby of 8 months and she got infection in her blood? what are the causes and remedy for that problem?
My child is 7 years old. He faces problems in remembering names of his friends, he also not able to remember rhymes, spellings and question answers. Although, he understands everything but forgets easily. Is it normal at this age. Kindly help me out. Do I need to consult a doctor regarding this.
Stomach aches or abdominal pains are one of the most frequently reported health complaints faced by children. Children below the age of twelve are known to suffer from recurrent stomach pain. While pains such as these lead to momentary discomfiture, they also lay the path for graver worries if neglected for too long. Your child may feel sick and bunk school for two days; rest and home care can restore his or her health, but that in no way, is the best suited way of dealing with the situation. If tummy aches resurface over a certain period of time, parents should be cautious enough to look for the root cause and should try to eliminate it accordingly.
Widely noticed causes of stomach aches in children:
- Unhygienic food can affect the child’s digestive system.
- Intolerance to a certain food item should not be overlooked.
- Perpetual anxiety can make the tummy twist and turn.
- Urinary Tract Infections can also lead to acute abdominal pain.
- Serious factors such as gallstones or appendicitis could also be present. Immediate expert consultation is advised in such a case.
- Caffeine and packaged soft drinks can be harmful.
- Butter, ghee and other greasy products can trigger tummy aches.
Ways to treat tummy aches in children:
- Keep children away from gas producing food items: Food that is hard to digest should be avoided. Lentil soup or dal should only be consumed in limited amounts to prevent the formation of gas. Don’t let your child have too many nuts regularly.
- Keep them hydrated: Fluid intake should be monitored. A child should drink at least six to seven glasses of water per day. Fruit juices or soups can also be given to them alongside main meals. This helps digestion.
- Do not stack up food in one go: Eating a lot in one meal is a bad way of satisfying hunger. Have smaller meals in more numbers. Six to eight meals will keep your child full and will also eliminate chances of acid reflux which happens either due to an empty stomach or too much piling up of greasy food.
- Timely check - up with the doctor: If tummy aches refuse to go away, take your child to a doctor for a thorough check- up. Administer medicines as prescribed by the physician.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My baby is 22 days old on his 21st day we had a naming ceremony in which I was served with normal diet which everyone is eating not special diet for new mother since then my baby is passing stool several times and it is smelling foul, but he is taking feeding normally and passing stool every time he is fed what is the reason is it there any problem.
My son age is 3 year and his healthy is ok by god but I want question for what I give to him for food like. Please suggestion me any strong powder is to add to milk.
My baby is sneezing and got a running nose, she's 5 months old. What are the homemade precautions we'll take to avoid different types of medicine?
My one year old baby girl have too much problem of digestion . She is eating very less her weight is just 7.800 kg. When she eat some what proper then vomiting at the time of eating done. .Dont know what to do. .
I have been suffering from cold and mucous congestion from 3 year. It could not be cured. But when I stop drinking milks and sweats it has got less. But now I have problem of block nose even if I don't have cold. I can breathe through one nose only .it is very difficult to live with one nose breathing .and also pressure is created in head I can't hear properly due to ear blockage from cold .please tell me what to do now?
My son was born in 19-nov-2010, now he is supposed to have mmr and dpt (or dapt) injection. May you please suggest the right place to get the vaccination done and the actual branded name of the injection. Any precautions we should do in advance? - I fear to approach to any random doctor as those demands hefty fee and my suggest expensive vaccination, and not sure whether they are saying right. My wife suffering from gallbladder problem on her abdominals, I would like to get the ultrasound for abdominals, any appropriate suggestions on that part?
My son whose Age- 15 month old weight- 8.5 kg Height- 76 cm (30") Weight during birth- 3.6 kg is very weak & not interested in taking food. He is always suffering from constipation, indigestion & bowel movement. We give him cerelac, boiled rice, potatoes ,wheat chuda& soya chhatua. Doctor advice not to give cow milk. His weight is very less with compare to age . He doesn't take any iron &folic acid syrup since last 15 month. So kindly advice me the balance diet & health supplement for healthy weight. Also recommend him to take which iron & folic acid syrup to avoid the deficiency of iron.
Hi, my 2 1/2 year old daughter has severe cough from past 10 days. Tried many syrups but didn't work. Not sure whether its due to reflux or infection in lungs. Looking for a best pediatrician who doesn't do experiments on children. Please do the needful. Thanks in advance.
My child is crying continuously. She has dry stools and little urination what to do. Any homevremedies.
Depression in children is not a very uncommon phenomenon. But if the feeling of sadness persists over a period of time with little or no change to their behavior, then it can be seen as a symptom of depression. Children who are suffering from depression need immediate and utmost care as negligence may cause severe long term effects on the child. Read on to find more about them.
Symptoms that indicate childhood depression vary. Some of the different symptoms which indicate depression are:
- Social withdrawal
- Feeling of worthlessness
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Reduced ability to function during events
- Continuous feelings of sadness
- Physical complaints
- Depression in children can be caused due to the combination of a multitude of reasons.
- Children from a family history of depression are more likely to be suffering from depression.
- Similarly if the parents suffer from depression then it is more than likely that the child will also suffer from depression.
- Children from conflicted families or children and teens who are prone to substance or alcohol abuse can suffer from depression.
- Reasons such as physical health, environment, genetic vulnerability or biochemical disturbance can lead to depression.
The treatment process of depression in children is similar to that of adults and can be treated with psychotherapy and medication. If your child is depressed consult a general physician who after his or her diagnosis may refer you to a psychiatrist. The medical specialist will recommend psychotherapy.
In some instances, a child suffering from depression maybe be suicidal. Parents are advised to be vigilant and observe certain behavioral changes that the child may have adapted to or suddenly switched to.
Some of the signs are mentioned below:
- Changes in eating, sleeping or activities
- Isolating oneself even from family
- Talking of suicide, feeling helpless or hopeless
- Increased risk taking behavior
- Substance abuse
- Giving away possessions
Sessions at first and then opt for antidepressant medication if no significant progress is seen. The best results often result from a combination of prescribed medication along with multiple sessions of psychotherapy.