Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arunima Dixit
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arunima DixitYour feedback matters!
I am a Virgin lady and had anal sex 14 days ago. I and my partner don't want any child now. Since we didn't use any protection, whenever he sense of sperms coming he use to threw them out. Now I didn't get my periods yet and am 7 days late. I don't want to get pregnant so please give me advice and recommend any medicine if necessary.
My girlfriend took the 3 month course of ovarian 2 because of irregular periods but she gained the weight and come across some skin allergies. Please explain possible side effects of ovarian 21tablets and also she is facing the problem of double cysts, so please advise whether she go for surgery before marriage or after motherhood.
I am 31 weeks pregnant i.e. may be 8th month started and from few days I was having tightness and uneasy feeling in stomach so I went to doctor yesterday she told she noticed contractions in scan and if these continue I may have preterm labor. What does she mean i am very afraid? Will I and my baby be healthy.
I delivered a baby on 24th may lscs was done now my stitches little paining and lump found near stitches what might be this please suggest any solution.
I had unprotected sex after two days when my periods are over. My cycle is of 35 days. Will there is a risk of getting pregnant?
I have pcod and I want to conceive. I am taking PCO care tablet one daily after food. The gynaecologist whom I am consulting now to conceive has prescribed metafolate. Can I take both PCO care and metafolate simultaneously or should I take any one. If yes which one should I take? I am a 32 year old female. Please help.
Does washing off immediately after sex prevent pregnancy? Hw cn I increase my chances of conception? Can having intercourse 1 day before ovulation result in pregnancy.
We have a baby of 2-3 month old and she is breast feeding. My wife has some kind of solid deposits around her breast, that causes some much pain while feeding and after. Pain is like electricity is running on that part can’t say where the pain is but it is very painful. We consulted doctors she prescribed medicine antibiotics and pain killers with USG test and blood test report is normal. Can I have a better diagnosis on this, I don’t know what to do and I am nervous.
I had a whole body check up on 2017 March .which had blood analysis urine analysis .thread mill test .and echo .endoscopy. And abdominal scan.In this my echo showed grade 1 mvp which doctor said normal. Apart from this all parameters are normal as per doctors. If this is my health condition .when should I repeat this all tests to monitor my health once again Please advise
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is a major problem that leads to menstrual irregularity, infertility, sub-fertility, unwanted hair in the face, dark pigmentation, hair loss, persistent acne etc. Also, it leads to insulin resistance and high levels of testosterone in the female body, which makes PCOS an extremely difficult condition to deal with. Ayurveda treats PCOS holistically. Each patient requires an individualistic treatment plan to cure the disease from within. The aim of Ayurvedic treatment is to balance the doshas and boost metabolism. Ayurveda also helps in weight loss gradually, rather than a sudden decrease in body mass.
Benefits of using Ayurveda in treating PCOS patients
- Detoxification of the whole body and treat the disease from within.
- Revitalizing and strengthening the female reproductive system to regularize the menstrual cycle.
- Balance the hormones and prevent any condition, that could trigger diseases related to hormones.
Ayurvedic medicines that could tackle PCOS
- Asparagus racemosus: This is also known as Shatavari. It helps in promoting the ovarian follicles without the aid of external medicines, revitalize the reproductive system and take a woman back to the normal menstrual cycle. This medicine also does wonders in tackling excess levels of insulin, in the female reproductive system.
- Tinospora cordifolia: This medicine is also known as Guduchi in the Indian subcontinent and is a very powerful anti-inflammatory herb. It can cure the chronic inflammation of the tissues that leads to ovarian cysts and insulin imbalance. Guduchi revitalizes the body tissues and boosts female metabolism in a very natural manner. It is also a great herb to lower the resistance of insulin.
- Foeniculum vulgare: This herb is also known as Shatapushpa in Sanskrit. Being a rich source of phytoestrogen, it is a great herb as far as treating PCOS is concerned. Phytoestrogen can drastically cut down inflammation and insulin resistance in the female reproductive system. This herb is also believed to be a great agent, when it comes to fixing the cellular imbalance in the body.
- Triphala: This is a medicine which has a combination of three herbs, i.e. Terminalia bellerica, Emblica Officinalis and Terminalia chebula. It is one of the classical formations of Ayurvedic medicine. Being rich in vitamin C and a natural antioxidant, they can effectively tackle free radicals and inflammation. Triphala is a great agent, when it comes to detoxification and cleansing of the whole system.
- Aloe barbadensis: This is also known as Aloe-Vera. It is known to be one of the very powerful herbs that can treat and manage PCOS. They can successfully regularize the menstrual cycle, normalize the imbalance of the hormone, and restore the ovary. They are great for the face both for treating acne and increasing the glow of the face.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!