Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Arunima DixitYour feedback matters!
1. Lowers cholesterol
#papaya is rich in fibre, #vitaminc and antioxidants which prevent cholesterol build up in your arteries. Too much cholesterol build-up can lead to several heart diseases including heart attack and hypertension.
2. Helps in weight loss
Those looking to lose weight must include papaya in their diet as it is very low in #calories. The fibre content in papaya leaves you feeling full and also clears your bowel movement making your weight loss regime easier.
3. Boosts your immunity
Your immunity system acts as a shield against various infections that can make you really sick. A single papaya contains more than 200% of your daily requirement of vitamin c, making it great for your immunity.
4. Good for diabetics
Papaya is an excellent #food option for diabetics as it has a low-sugar content even though it is sweet to taste. Also, people who don't have diabetes can eat papaya to prevent it from happening.
5. Great for your eyes
Papaya is rich in vitamin a which helps protect your vision from degenerating. Nobody wants to lose their ability to see due to diseases like age-related macular degeneration, and eating papayas will ensure that you do not see a day where you cannot see.
6. Protects against arthritis
Arthritis can be a really debilitating disease and people who have it may find their quality of life reduced significantly. Eating papayas are good for your bones as they have anti-inflammatory properties along with vitamin c which helps in keeping various forms of arthritis at bay. A study published in annals of the rheumatic diseases showed that people who consumed foods low in vitamin c were three times more likely to have arthritis than those who didn't.
7. Improves digestion
In today's times, it is nearly impossible to avoid eating foods that are bad for your digestive system. Often we find ourselves eating junk food or restaurant food prepared in excessive quantities of oil. Eating a papaya daily can make up for such occasional mistakes, as it has a digestive enzyme known as papain along with fibre which helps improve your digestive health.
8. Help ease menstrual pain
Women who are experiencing menstrual pain should help themselves to several servings of papaya as an enzyme called papain helps in regulating and easing flow during menstrual periods.
9. Prevents signs of ageing
All of us would love to stay young forever, but no one in this world has managed to do it. Still, healthy habits like eating a papaya daily will prolong the process and may make you look 5 years younger than you are. Papaya is rich in vitamin c, vitamin e and antioxidants like beta-carotene which helps prevent your skin from free radical damage keeping wrinkles and other signs of ageing at bay.
10. Prevents cancer
Papaya is a rich source of antioxidants, phytonutrients and flavonoids that prevent your cells from undergoing free radical damage. Some studies have also linked the consumption papaya to reduced risk of colon and prostate cancer.
11. Help reduce stress
After working hard for the whole day, it is a good idea to come home to a plate papayas. The wonder fruit is rich in several nutrients like vitamin c which can keep you free from stress. According to a study conducted at the university of Alabama, found that 200 mg of vitamin c can help regulate the flow of stress hormones in rats.
Hi sir I was married before 20 days and was having regular sex with my wife but 3 days before there are white particles comes on top of my penis and red dots but there is no pain in my penis my wife also have itching in her vagina my personal Dr. Prefred me to apply cream on penis clotrimazole cream of candid.
5 foods that fight water retention
Fluid or water retention is a health condition in which there is an excessive buildup of fluids in the body and as a result, the feet swell up the first. While there are medicines which help combat this situation, there also exist foods which act against this situation, hence, should be consumed regularly. Salt should be avoided if you are experiencing water retention.
1. Melons: fruits which have a high content of potassium are good for reducing water retention. It is a good idea to start the day with fruits like melons and citrus fruits.
2. Nuts: nuts have vitamin b6 which works against the bloated feeling one gets when there is water retention.
3. Water: odd it may sound but when your body is dehydrated and in needs water, you can face water retention. In such cases, drink ample water for the swelling to subside. Make sure you drink at least eight glasses of water and enough before going to sleep. If drinking plain water is a pain, then add slices of lemon, mint leaves and grated ginger in the water.
4. Salmon: it is one super food which is loaded with omega-3s that is good for our health and act against water retention. You can also have flax, herring, mackerel, and tuna.
5. Green leafy vegetables: blot fighting goods like watercress, celery, tomatoes, carrots, onions, and peppers should be included in daily diet. It is always a good idea to have a salad during meals.
In case water retention is of long duration, must consult a doctor to rule out any medical problem leading to excessive water retention.
I am an 18 years old girl. I'm having a problem that is continuing for over a month now. Its not always irritating, but sometimes when I get toilet, the area starts to itch suddenly, and also my pee nowadays smells a bit awkwardly different, which is more similar to that of stale coconut water. I never had any uti problem before. The colour of my toilet is absolutely fine, and its not that it itches while I pee. But it sometimes starts all of a sudden, and more specifically when my bladders are full. This never happened before. I maintain a healthy diet full of fruits and veggies in plenty daily, and I also drink large quantities of water everyday. If its at all a uti problem, then should I consult a doctor immediately or should I wait by having plenty of water and living a healthy lifestyle for another few days? please help.
Vaginal bleeding is something that most women experience between their periods when they are not due for a menstrual cycle. It is considered as an abnormal occurrence when you bleed before you are expecting your menstrual period, or after you are done with your monthly cycle. It is usually characterised by bouts of spotting where a thick brown reddish discharge may be experienced. Also, this kind of bleeding is considered abnormal if it occurs during pregnancy or menopause.
Here are a few causes of abnormal vaginal bleeding:
- Hormones: An imbalance in the hormones like the estrogen and progesterone can lead to abnormal vaginal bleeding. These are the hormones that help in regulation of the monthly menstrual cycles. An imbalance can occur due to side effects caused by birth control pills that may not suit the individual, a contraceptive patch, or even contraceptive implants and injections. Further, an intrauterine device may also be the cause for this kind of bleeding. The hormonal balance can also get affected due to internal ailments like a dysfunctional thyroid gland and ovaries.
- Pregnancy and Delivery: Some amount of spotting is considered normal in the first trimester of one's pregnancy. Yet, severe bleeding and persistent spotting must be reported to the gynaecologist immediately. Women also bleed for a while after the delivery of the baby, in the postpartum period. This may also happen when an abortion takes place as the uterus may not have come back to its original size and due to remaining foetal tissues within. Complications during the pregnancy like an ectopic pregnancy or a miscarriage can also lead to such kind of bleeding. An ectopic pregnancy is one where the egg gets implanted in the fallopian tube instead of entering and implanting itself in the uterus.
- Fibroids: Uterine fibroids are usually considered as non-malignant and non-cancerous growths within the uterus. These are common in many women who have gone through childbirth. These fibroids can also cause some amount of bleeding and spotting.
- Infections: When there is an infection in the reproductive organs like the ovaries and uterus of the patient, there may be some amount of bleeding. An infection in this area can also cause inflammation, which is one of the primary causes of abnormal bleeding. This can also occur due to a sexually transmitted disease or STD, as well as painful intercourse and sexual abuse which can lead to scarring as well.
- Cancer: One of the least common causes includes cervical, ovarian and other forms of cancer.
Stress and diabetes can also cause abnormal vaginal bleeding in rare cases. It is best to see a doctor as soon as such bleeding takes place.
I Had Sex And the Home Pregnancy Test Was Negative I Tested 3 Times And Missed My Periods, After 50-55 Days Their Was Something Like Periods That Lasts For 6 Days I'm Not Confirm Tht Those Were Periods Or Something Else Because I Had Bleeding But Not That Much Tht I Used To Have Before.
My wife have abdominal pain during menstruation and it atleast persists for 2 days. please help me what should I do?
Dr. My first delivery is cesarian. Platelets low and the baby passed away. My Dr. said that next pregnant to after 6 months. I can carrying to after 6 month.
Which abortion pills should be recommended to a two months pregnant women? Please suggest antibiotics too.
I started my periods on Saturday. But I had sex with my husband. I bled a little during it, but I haven't bled after that like usual .I bled a little today. Is my period over or will it resume again?
My kid are very active n have sharp mind but he is slim. He used to have fruits every day and dry fruits also and love to eat Non veg But I have to forced for food like roti rice dal and veggie. Are that thing affect my kid health.
I at 53 started my menopause. After which I have seen changes in my self. I am angry. Agitated. Suspicious. generally unhappy. Before this I was just d opposite. .Please tell.
Can I get pregnant If man fingers me till I cum then he stick his cock up then after a while he cums and I do not go for wee for 40 minutes as my block been coming in me nearly every day last week loads and I took a test to see if was pregnant and it come back negative but I ant feeling sick no more I really want get pregnant how can I.
Pcod me mera period v band hai 2 mahine se. Avi tretment kara rahi hu. Kya ye thik ho sakta hai. Ovral l 21 tablet le rahi hu kya mera period ho sakta hai.
To give a baby birth should I do sex with my wife at her current periods date or before and after her periods?
Menopause is one of the most significant transitions in the life of a woman. While it is a natural process, it often entails a lot of discomfort and re-adjustment. A woman’s body undergoes a lot of hormonal changes, it is therefore essential to maintain a healthy sociological and physiological ambience around the woman to minimize the distress that can potentially arise in times like these. During menopausal changes, the body tends to amass a lot of impurities.
Ayurveda recommends specific diet plans and lifestyle decisions to ease out the transition. Ayurvedic methods are aimed at reducing the enormous emotional stress that a woman is likely to endure during these times. Some of the practices that can mitigate the anxiety caused by menopause have been enlisted below:
Balanced Diet: Having the necessary nutrients in the rightful quantity is extremely necessary to soothe the menopause induced agitations and trauma. Ayurveda recommends that you avoid food items that trigger off indigestion problems. Extremely salty and sour foods as well as spicy and oily foods can prove to be detrimental for you during menopause. Dressings and condiments like ketchup and mustard are known to not resonate well with the digestive system when your body is undergoing hormonal changes. Ideally, you must follow an astringent diet. Food items which are sweet and bitter to taste have benefiting properties. Wheat based foods as well as sweetened dairy products are extremely favorable. You may also look at leafy vegetables for purifying the system from within and acting as a rich source of protein. One of the most foremost guidelines to follow during menopause is the increased intake of water.
Lifestyle Choices: To facilitate an easy transition of the bodily systems, you need to advocate certain conscious lifestyle changes as well. It is important to adapt to a healthier way of living so as to avert any physiological consequence of menopause. You need to get sufficient amount of sleep in the course of a day. Sleep rejuvenates and refreshes the body for a healthy mechanism and provides the requisite amount of rest. Hot oil massages can also prove therapeutic during menopause and palliate pains and irritations that are likely to occur in such times. A timely intake of the meals is yet another mandatory routine that you must follow to battle the menopausal discomforts. Finally, Ayurveda recommends regular exercising for leading a happy and healthy life ahead.