Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aruna SharmaYour feedback matters!
I have severe pain in my ankle. Particularly when I get up after sitting for some time or when I get up from bed.
Hello sir I'm 26 year old girl. and my weight is 47 and height 5.3" Mjhe kam bukh lagti h hemoglobin or bp low hai. Please weight gain krne k liye suggest kijiye.
I am loosing hair quickly and have tried all shampoo but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do; can you please help me with this?
I am 29 years. I have hypothyroid from 4 years. Last month it was 27. I have pimples on chin repeatedly coming one by one. Some also on nose and chick. please suggest Neck also has black strips on both side.
I have problems with my knee it always starch I have little problem to band my lage. Ana also it was pan full.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term, which refers to the phenomena of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment named melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends on the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. The skin may get dark entirely or in patches due to pigmentation. In some cases, decolouration takes place or white patches are formed on the skin.
Causes and Types of Pigmentation
The type of skin pigmentation depends on the cause behind it. Here are some of the common causes and types:
- Melanin: The skin colour varies from one person to another due to the presence of a pigment called melanin. It is produced by melanocytes cells in our body. Melanin protects our skin from damage on exposure to sunlight. When we spend long hours under the sun, the melanin production is increased. This gives a tanned look.
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of melanin. These gets accumulated or concentrated in clusters on being exposed to sunrays.
- Liver Spots/Age Spots: These are also known as solar lentigos. This can be due to ageing or excessive exposure to UV rays.
- Birthmarks: These are referred to the irregular blemish that appears on any part of the body soon after birth or at the time of birth. These are of two types: vascular and pigmented.
- Melasma/Chloasma Faciei: This is usually found in pregnant women. It occurs due to the over-activation of melanocytes as there is a hormonal imbalance.
- Post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation: This refers to inflammation as a result of inflammation caused by trauma.
Treatment: There are several ways to treat skin pigmentation. There are medicines and cosmetics available in the markets, which help in getting rid of the pigmentation. Skin pigmentation can also be tackled by certain home-based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. Apply a mixture of milk and honey on the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables will lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin against the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to the generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful to our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
I always feel sleepy though I completed my sleeping previous night for 7-8 hrs and this happens to me almost daily. Wats the reason behind this?
1.Brush at least twice a day. The best time to brush teeth is after meals. Choose a toothbrush with a small head for better access to back teeth. Soft bristles are kinder on your gums.
2.Use fluoridated toothpaste. Fluoride helps to harden tooth enamel and reduces your risk of decay.
3.Brush thoroughly. Tooth brushing should take between two and three minutes.
4.Floss your teeth daily. Use a slow and gentle sawing motion.
5.Limit acidic drinks like soft drinks, cordials and fruit juices. Food acids soften tooth material and dissolve the minerals in tooth enamel, causing holes (cavities or caries). In severe cases, teeth may be ‘eaten’ right down to the gum.
6.Limit sugary foods. Bacteria in dental plaque change sugars into acids.
7.Protect your teeth from injury. Wear a mouthguard or full-face helmet when playing sports.
8.Try to save a knocked out tooth. If possible, hold the tooth back in place while you seek immediate dental advice. If this is not possible, wrap the tooth in plastic or place it in milk and seek dental advice immediately.
9.Avoid using your teeth for anything other than chewing food. If you use them to crack nuts, remove bottle tops or rip open packaging, you risk chipping or even breaking your teeth.
10.See your dentist for regular check-ups. You should also visit your dentist if you have a dental problem such as a toothache or bleeding gums.
I am suffering from obesity. Please tell me how to cure it and some measures to retains like that and also told me about some exercises which helps me to loose weight rapidly.?
How to become fat, I'm just 48 kg now with 5.2 ft height at the age of 21+. So need to fat a little more Suggest any good method to become fatty.
Is normal sexual feeling in clitoris not in any second in vagina from childhood and during intercourse feeling very severe pain what is the reason behind that and please any medicine which control my pain during intercourse my married life suffering from a bad phase.
My father's age is 66. In his echo report it is shows mitral valve regurgitation moderate. Is there any foolproof ayurvedic or non surgical treatment?
I have pain in my neck and throat (Near Collar Bone, Right and left side of the Larynx, I notice the pain during the evenings, before meal, and whenever I feel stressed. But the pain is not constant, it is on and off. I am not able to decide whether the pain is causing because of gastric stress, Mental stress or Nerve stress or anything inside my neck. I have digestion problems from past one year. I don? t have any other habits. I am non vegetarian. I drive bike 70 kilometers every day in traffic. I have this from Past 8 months. Please let me know what tests I need to undergo to find out the problem.
Hi, My mother is a diabetic and hypertensive patient. She is taking medication but feeling some problems like hunger, weakness and lack of energy . Doctor told to walk but she has lethargy to walk. What is the way out? Also facing gastric problems. Latest Blood Sugar report is FPG : 127, PPG :121. BP : 160/80.
Oxygen is necessary to rejuvenate aging and dull skin. Oxygen facial therapy opens all clogged pores of your face through all the layers. It helps to reduce and eliminate problems like wrinkles, fine lines and acne. Oxygen facial therapy gets the skin on your face to breathe and makes it radiant. Following is the information you need to know to consider Oxygen facial therapy:
- The Oxygen levels tend to drop since the age of 25 and by 40 at least 50% of the skin's Oxygen retaining capacity gets impaired. When the skin lacks Oxygen the blood vessels get constricted and it adversely affects the skin's ability to function normally.
- Dull and aging skin can't be covered up with makeup or following skin care regimen after a certain point of time. Stress, lack of sleep, hormonal imbalance, unhealthy lifestyles etc can take a toll on your skin.
Benefits of Oxygen facial therapy
- Oxygen facial therapy can increase the benefits of other topical application of skin care products exponentially
- It increases the elasticity of the skin along with the strength of collagen
- It increases the number of red blood cells
- It makes your skin more supple and radiant
- It acts as a stimulator for the immune system
- Aids in restricting capillary damage and increases blood flow
- Increases the ability of the skin to heal
- Gives you an even skin tone
- Diminishes inflammation and reddish appearance of the skin
- Helps to heal wounds on the skin
Related Tip: "Which Kind of Clothing Lets Your Skin Breathe?"