Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aruna Mewar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aruna MewarYour feedback matters!
Adenoids refer to the mass of lymphatic tissue situated at the intersection of the back of the nose and throat. They are a part of the body's immune system and play a noteworthy part in battling infections in kids. Adenoids fight off the microbes and infection that enter the body through the nose. They typically occur in children of five to seven years of age and from that point, they begin to decrease. They vanish when the child gets older. This is the physiological development and relapse of the adenoids. However, permanent adenoids are an issue in view of a number of annoying symptoms they show in a child. The major among these are breathing through the mouth and wheezing because of nasal blockage.
Homeopathic medicines are a very safe option than surgery in kids with extended adenoids. It has been noted that adenoids, when surgically removed, tend to regrow. Homeopathic medicines focus on strengthening the child’s immune system. The cures are as follows:
- Baryta Carb: Baryta Carb is one of the top recorded homeopathic medications for swollen adenoids. It is likewise the medicine to endorse where both tonsils and adenoids are broadened. The child feels sensitive to ice in extremes. The tiniest exposure to icy air causes cough. Cough also shows up at the slightest change in climate. Sneezing and thick yellow nasal release may be seen. Pain in the throat increases on gulping.
- Calcarea Carb: Calcarea Carb is another brilliant homeopathic medicine for amplified adenoids with the tendency to get infected. Calcarea Carb will be recommended where the youngster is exceptionally helpless to cold and falls sick after each such introduction. This weak immune system for diseases brings about broadened adenoids or tonsils.
- Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol: Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol are extremely helpful homeopathic medicines for treating ear grumblings because of expanded adenoids. Agraphis Nutans is the best treatment for deafness because of expanded adenoids. Homeopathic prescription Merc Sol is highly used in case of an ear infection connected with swollen adenoids.
- Kali Sulphuricum: Kali Sulphuricum is among one of the top recorded homeopathic solutions for adenoids that regrow after surgery. The symptobfc44496075392a7d57556d05c6e4f94ms controlling utilisation of Kali Sulphuricum are a blocked nose, mouth breathing and wheezing. Yellow coloured nasal release is also common.
- Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra: Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra are incredibly helpful homeopathic medicines for developed adenoids. A youngster that needs these drugs will have an increased nasal blockage. The nasal hindrance is most set apart around evening time. Breathing through the mouth because of a blocked nose is also very common. Ammonium Carb is likewise used for a seeping nose, particularly in the morning.
I had abortion in July month and two months I had regular period and 3rd month I dint have period checked doctor she suggested dydrogesterone tablet 1st of November I took and continued for 5 days and I had period today I have thyroid problem, I hoped this month I would b conceived please suggest me good remedies so that I could conceive soon.
Infertility My Surgery (Endometrial polyp with endometriosis) DHL has been done in PGI.(20/05/17) Last period (4/06/17) was also normal. .and there is no pain. I just want to ask can I do intercourse (to conceive) .or I should wait for some more time.
Pregnancy is one of the most delicate phases in the life of a woman and if she is experiencing a high-risk pregnancy then she needs to be extra cautious. It is an extra delicate phase for her and she should watch herself very minutely. She must take good care of herself and if she feels or notices any discomfort, then she must immediately consult her gynecologist. But what exactly is a high-risk pregnancy?
A high-risk pregnancy is one where the expecting mother or her fetus or both are at a higher risk of developing complications. These complications have the potential to affect the baby as well as the mother. Unfortunately, there is no cure for high-risk pregnancy but the good news is that if managed well, the mother and her baby can be protected from the complications. Also, if a woman is aware of the causes leading to high-risk pregnancy, she can manage it easily.
Causes of high-risk pregnancy
- Conceiving before 18 and after 35: Different medical studies have established that conceiving after 30 increases the chances of developing complications in the mother and the baby but after 35, these chances are pretty high. The risk of miscarriage is higher and so is the risk of genetic defects in the baby. In case of teen pregnancy, that is, conceiving before 18, the risks of miscarriage and malnourished baby accompany the mother.
- Preeclampsia: Preeclampsia is a condition in which is the pregnant woman has a high blood pressure and protein in her urine. It is dangerous and can lead to dysfunctional liver and kidney along with blood clotting. A woman experiencing this condition should take adequate bed rest, exercise regularly, eat healthily and follow the medications, if any, prescribed by the doctor.
- Gestational diabetes: High blood sugar level during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. It puts the baby at the risk of being bigger than the normal size. Mothers can manage it with nutritious fiber-rich diet and regular exercise.
- Placenta previa: This is a risky condition in which the placenta covers the cervix. It can cause hemorrhage during delivery. If the pregnant woman is over 40 or has had multiple miscarriages in the past or is carrying multiple fetuses then she is at a higher risk of developing this condition.
All these factors make a pregnancy high-risk but managing high-risk pregnancy is in the hands of the woman. So, if she falls into this category, she must:
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise keeps tension, high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and other similar conditions in check.
- Eat healthily: Eating nutrient-rich diet minimizes the risk of malnutrition-related complications arising after delivery.
- Avoid stress: Stress is directly linked to high blood pressure, diabetes, and other health problems. Hence, it should be avoided. Mediation and breathing exercises help relax the mind and body.
- Say no to drinking and smoking: Alcohol and cigarette can cause birth defects in the baby and hence, a pregnant woman should abstain from both.
- Keep in touch with the gynecologist: Being diagnosed with high-risk pregnancy means that the woman should be extra careful of her health and keep in touch with her doctor so that any adverse condition can be managed before it gets out of hand.
Hypersexuality is also known as nymphomania or compulsive sexual behavior. When a person is preoccupied with sexual fantasies to the point of dysfunction for at least six months, he or she suffers from hypersexuality. These sexual fantasies are usually combined with a compulsive pursuit of non-intimate or casual sex, excessive masturbation, pornography, objective partner sex and romantic intensity.It is more complex than just having an unusually high sex drive becausesexual activity gives the addict an intense feeling of euphoria, suppressingother thoughts which cause distress, self-loathing and shame. This interferes with the daily regimen of activities. Treatment and management of sex addiction is imperative because it is disruptive and harmful not just to you but also to others.It also damages relationships, careers and self-esteem.
People suffering from hyper sexuality exhibit the following symptoms:
1. They engage in compulsive masturbation
2. They frequently hire prostitutes
3. Usage of phone sex services excessively
4. They have multiple extramarital affairs
5. They plan out sexual activities excessively
6. They engage in one night stands frequently
7. They are emotionally detached from their sexual partners
8. They prefer unprotected sex
9. They obsess about an unattainable sexual partner
10. They show tendencies of paraphilia
The primary and identifiable causes of hyper sexuality are as follows:
1. Biochemical imbalances in neurotransmitters and nervous system disorders
2. Medical conditions that damage certain parts of the brain of affect brain functioning
3. Overproduction of hormones such as androgens (present in males and females)
5. Altered neural pathways
6. Suffering from childhood abuse
7. Dysfunctional family dynamics
Sexual addiction is believed to be a dysfunctional adult response towards emotional or character regulatory deficits and innate personality as well as abuse, early detachment disorders and trauma. Hypersexuality is a symptom of a lot of mental disorders such as bipolar disorder, adult attention deficit disorder or obsessive compulsive disorder.
Sex addicts usually do not seek treatment for their addiction until the consequences of their activities are dire and have an overt negative effect on their health, relationships, finances and career. Since addicts feel ashamed and despise themselves, they usually do not seek help until they hit rock bottom. However, it is crucial to treat this disorder in order to lead a happy and fulfilling life where one is not controlled by their addiction.
Hyper sexuality can be treated using the following methods:
Sensitive skin can make life miserable. Factors such as environmental and climatic changes, certain beauty products and medications can affect individuals with sensitive skin. There may be skin inflammation, irritation, rashes, redness, dryness and flakiness. The extent of the sensitive reaction can vary from one individual to another. In many cases, it has been observed that sensitive skin appears to be thinner than the normal skin. Thus, people with such delicate skin type need to be extra careful. Do not try self medication. It will make things worse. Always seek an expert advice. A dermatologist knows what is best for your skin.
People with sensitive skin need to follow some basic skin care regimes.
- It is very important to keep a sensitive skin hydrated and moisturised all the time. A dehydrated skin not only appears tighter, but also results in extreme skin dryness and irritation. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water daily. It is very important to flush out the toxins and maintain the alkaline skin pH. Avoid taking very hot water or ice baths. The extreme temperatures will do your skin more harm than good. A warm water bath is an excellent option. Apply generous amounts of moisturiser, whenever your skin feels dry and itchy.
- It is best to avoid products that are harsh on your skin. Consult a dermatologist before using products containing alpha hydroxyl acids. These are strong acids and their application can lead to skin irritation and rashes. It is a healthy practice to keep your skin clean. However, not all soaps are suitable for sensitive skin. Soaps (strong alkali) are a big no. It is best to use a medicated soap, specially formulated for sensitive skin. To cleanse your face, use a mild (soap free) face wash or a cleanser.
- For people with sensitive skin, it is best not to experiment with the skin care products. Play it safe, stick to the brands you have been using for long. Certain beauty products are strongly fragranced. These can trigger severe skin and allergic reactions. Lanolin, artificial mineral oil and alcohol containing products are no better. It is best to use natural and herbal skin care products.
- Do not use cosmetics and beauty products beyond a certain period of time. Face powders, silicone based foundations, sunscreen (titanium oxide or zinc oxide based) are best for sensitive skin. These products are known to be less harsh and thus have little or no side effects.
- Before using any products, know the ingredients and chemicals that goes into its manufacture.
Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex 20 days ago. I usually suffer from delayed periods. My previous period occurred a month before I had sex and nows it's about to become 2 months since my periods are missing. Also the day after sex, I took 3 pills of Ayurvedic tablet Pregnil and missed one day in between. Again I took another 3 days course of the same medicine before 4 days. Still there is no sign of my periods. I am very worried. What should I do? I thought of buying a pregnancy kit and in case I get pregnant can I buy the medicines over the counter? Please help me through it urgently. Thank you!
Lower Urinary tract obstruction refers to a condition of hindrance to urinary flow from bladder outwards. This can occur in all the age groups and affect either sex. The symptoms can be poor urine flow, intermittent flow, straining to pass urine or empty bladder, sense of incomplete emptying of bladder, difficulty in starting urination. Other problems can be increased urine frequency and difficulty to hold on with or without occasional urine leak in clothes. The cause and treatment vary in different age groups.
Few common reasons behind Lower urinary Tract Obstruction:
Congenital Urethral Stricture and PUV: These defects can be detected either before or after birth and need correction at earliest to avoid long-term complications. It is usually brought to attention by parents who observe abnormal urine flow pattern of their child OR found out during evaluation for repeated urinary tract infections.
Neurogenic Bladder: This is caused due to defects of nerves that are responsible for controlling bladder function. This can be due to diseases of brain, spinal cord or peripheral nerves. These defects can occur by birth or later in life. It is very important to take early consult to avoid long-term complications and progression to renal failure.
Urethral Stricture: This is narrowing in a long tube that starts from bladder to the external urinary opening. It can be idiopathic, post-traumatic, or due to urethral infections. Usually, a person is able to recognise poor urine flow and bring it to the attention of urologist. Treatment for stricture depends on various factors and range from simple endoscopic surgery to open surgeries.
Bladder Neck Obstruction: Bladder neck is a network or a group of muscles that connect the bladder to the urethra. The muscles tighten to hold urine in the bladder, and relax as they release it through the urethra. Urinary tract obstruction occurs when there are abnormalities blocking the bladder neck that restricts its opening during urination.
BPH: This occurs due to enlarged prostate obstruction urine flow out of bladder. Prostate enlargement is mostly age-related and rarely due to prostatic tumors. Urinary stones. This can be usually recognized by sudden obstruction to urine flow in person who was voiding normally. These episodes might be recurrent due to movement of stone in between bladder and urethra.
Bladder Tumors: The are mostly characterized by blood in urine. Sometimes there might be blood clots that obstruct the urine flow. Phimosis: Usually occurring post-puberty, it is referred to as the inability to retract the glans (the sensitive structure at the end of the penis). It is a condition in which the distal foreskin, which was previously retractable, is unable to retract anymore.
Phimosis: Phimosis is another major reason behind urinary tract obstructions.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!