Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ArunaYour feedback matters!
Plantar warts are a common occurrence in children, so are palmer warts. These warts are named so according to where they appear in the body. Palmer warts occur on the hands, and plantar warts on the bottom of the foot.
What causes plantar warts and palmer warts?
Plantar warts and palmer warts are caused by a viral infection in the top layer of the skin. The virus strain here is called human papillomavirus or HPV. (Take note that while many strains of the virus exist, those that cause genital warts are different from the ones that cause plantar warts). The resulting warts are non-cancerous growths but are often mistaken to be malignant. In fact, most warts go away in a year or two if you leave them alone without treatment. However, depending on the location they may cause minor pain or irritation. For a self-conscious person, the wart may cause people to shy away from clothes and situations that require their exposure.
How do you identify a plantar wart?
Think of any yesteryear movies where the villains had a distinct look to make them look malicious. Such villains were often planted with a plantar wart! Both plantar and palmer warts are generally small to the size of a small thermocol ball, although some tend to grow bigger. Sometimes, the warts appear in clusters called mosaic warts. Sometimes, a seed like dot appears on the wart as a result of a blood vessel growing into it. Such warts are also called seed warts. Because of the constant pressure from walking and standing, planter warts don't tend to stick about the skin as much as palmer or other warts.
Here are 3 ways to get rid of plantar warts
- Try some home remedies: Home remedies described here are quite effective but may take a while before the effects are visible. Also the warts may be painful during the treatment period making it difficult for you to walk. Start by soaking your feet in warm water to soften the wart. Use an isolated nail file or pumice stone to remove the top layer of dead skin. (Make sure you don't reuse the tool for anything else). Next, go for a salicylic acid treatment in the form of liquid, gel or patches. You can also follow this up with a duct tape treatment for 7 days and then remove the duct tape. You can also try freezing the wart with an over the counter medicine like Compound W Freeze Off and Dr. Scholl's Freeze Away. During any home remedy, if the wart starts bleeding, oozes blood or pus or becomes painful you may need an intervention from a medical specialist.
- Prevent plantar warts: You get infected with plantar warts through exposure to skin scales that are infected by the virus. Watch for contagious spreading in closed rooms with skin exposures like changing lockers and common showers.
- Consult a doctor to try a strong salicylic acid treatment, laser treatment immunotherapy or even surgical options to remove the wart.
I am having grey hair at such an early age What do I do? What should I eat? Can this be cured? Should I color my hair?
I am 23 years of age and I am suffering from hair fall and greying of hair. I do not consume tea or coffee. I rarely eat fast food in a month. I also suffer from gas, acidity and heartburn. I usually drink 2.5-3 litres of water. I also sweat a lot. I have just started to consume patanjali amla and aloe vera juice and started taking capsules of evion 400 two times a day after meal. Is it due to vitamins deficiency? Is it due to acidic nature of body (or excess pitta)? Or due to both. Please tell me the causes and suggest me some multivitamin to cure it.
Too much pimples, black heads on my face, its been long time I am asking for a suitable remedy with low cost, but didn't find a good one. The right side of face is worse with all those black spots, black heads on right side of face and nose. How to over come this? Need a simple solution and want to hear my skin as soon as possible, thank u. Ayurvedic remedies are welcomed most! Thanks in advance:)
I am 22 years old and I have been having acne pimple problems from 5 to 6 years. The doctors are confused because the chin area has projections they don't hurt but are like pimples and they don't do. What should I do to get rid of it.
Hai sir/madam. I am Shahid from Vijayawada Andhra pradesh. Actually I have an serious issue, tan marks which are not going to leave me. And I am going to marry in coming two months I feel very embarrassing. Where my color inside of my clothes is white and outside is dark brown. And 2 years before I met with an accident with which a scar has been formed on my nose which is nearly 2 inches long is there any permanent treatment for the above mentioned problems.
I am loosing hair quickly and tried all shampoos but not any effect yet. Can you please advice me any shampoo?
The mid-year is here alongside the numerous issues of skin and in addition hair. The two greatest adversaries of hair, sweat and grime are for the most part dynamic amid this season overstating hair issues like hair fall, dandruff etc. The searing beams of the sun are additionally amazingly unsafe for your hair yet lamentably there are no sunscreens for the hair accessible yet.
Thus, what would you be able to conceivably, do to shield your hair from the warmth, grime and sweat to keep your hair sound amid this time of summer?
Given underneath are a couple approaches to shield your hair from the evil impacts of this season and to keep your hair solid and additionally shining:
- The first thing you ought to remember amid this season is that the sweat in your scalp pulls in soil, clean and a wide range of grime. Aggregation of these would close the pores at the foundations of your hair, making your hair feeble and prompting hair fall, dandruff and additionally rashes. Thus it is essential to wash your hair with a mellow cleanser consistently. Routinely implies regular, if conceivable, or if nothing else each other day to keep your scalp squeaky clean.
- To shield your hair from the singing beams of the sun that causes early turning gray of hair, make certain to convey an umbrella or if nothing else cover your hair with a cotton scarf when you go out into the sun. It is likewise critical to attach your hair to maintain a strategic distance from your hair getting into contact with the sun and outside warmth however much as could reasonably be expected. Nevertheless, do not make the error of tying wet hair, as it would debilitate the underlying foundations of the hair prompting hair fall.
- Wet hair pulls in clean like sweat-soaked hair as well. Henceforth it is essential to dry your scalp and hair subsequent to washing before going out into the sun amid mid-year. Abstain from utilizing hair dryers if conceivable since dryers do not just dry the water yet the warmth hurts the hair permanently. Towel drying is the most ideal approach to dry your wet hair while keeping your hair solid. Utilize a delicate towel and do not rub vivaciously. Since amid the mid year there is more soil aggregation, ensure you clean your towels frequently also.
- Last of all drink bunches of liquid and stay away from zesty nourishment however much as could be expected to keep your hair sound and gleaming.