Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Arun VermaYour feedback matters!
My father (72 yrs) is suffering from cancer in food pipe. The doctors said that surgery is not possible & radiation will start on 22nd june 2015. What is your opinion about this?
My father at the age of 68 diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on august15. As some blood veins involved wibul not done. To remove the obstruction in deodanam bypass surgery done. 9 cycles of palliative chemo administered. Now past one month he suffering by fever. When we gave paracetamol fever raised 2 points then decreased. He taking 3 tablets daily.
Hi, I am 24 year old male and from past 6 years I have acute acne on my face. Also I get temporary pimple like things on my shoulders and upper back regularly, which sometimes have pus formation or they get red, bulge and disappear in a few days time. Are these age related just like acne? Will they go after sometime? Should I get checked for cancer? And What should I do for these?
I sought the advice on the following recently. "Ultra sound of KUB reports Prevoid 350 cc, I Post void: 81 cc and II Post Void: 16 cc / Prostate: 25 cc. Enlarged in size. What does it indicates? Is it Grade I Prostatomegaly? Is it normal? Or any medicine to be taken" I thank you very much for the advice of various doctors suggesting to consult a urologist. Urologist opined it as Grade I Prostatomegaly. Urologist suggested to take medicine named Rapilif (Silodosin) 4 mg for a few months. I wish to know the effectiveness any interaction with the medicines I am taking. I am presently taking the following medicines. MetXL 12.5, Rosufit 10 mg, and Remylin D. Thank you once again.
My wife age 42 years has been suffering from neck cancer last 2 and half years.she has been treated with lot of cemotherapy and one time ray. But no responses. For sometimes she improved and again suffer from. Can you treat her? Please help.
Hi An having enlarged prostate snd am taking Urimax F kindly suggest is it curable and wot best medicines should I add to it Rgds.
With so many people around suffering from cancer, I often wonder what if I could also have or could have it. Are there are common preventive steps one can take as well as any common symptoms one should be cautious about? Also if somebody can suggest some common cancer screening tests that won't be too heavy on the pocket. A detailed response would be appreciated! Hope this doesn't make me sound crazy!
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer and it mostly affects the middle aged women. The uterus of a woman is a muscular organ. The cancer can affect any part of the uterus and is more common in women having obesity, diabetes and hypertension. In most cases, the cancer starts in the endometrium, hence called endometrial cancer. Uterine cancer can be cured using any of the following methods:
- Surgical removal of the uterus along with ovaries, lymph nodes and fallopian tubes
- Radiation therapy
Although uterine cancer is curable, it's always a better option to prevent it. You cannot control all the causes for uterine cancer like those related to heredity. But other than that, here are a few ways in which you can prevent suffering from uterine cancer:
- Control body weight: Keep your body weight in control. Obesity can pose a huge risk of getting affected with uterine cancer. The fat in the body produces estrogen, which promotes the growth of uterine lining that is the Endometrium and may lead to Endometrial cancer.
- Breast feed: If you are lactating, then the risk of the cancer decreases, as breast feeding decreases ovulation as well as estrogen activities.
- Treat abnormal bleeding: If you are suffering from any type of abnormal bleeding, be that heavy periods, bleeding even after you reached menopause or if you start bleeding between two period cycles, consult your doctor immediately. Abnormal bleeding is the symptom of endometrial hyperplasia, which might eventually turn cancerous.
- Exercise: As already said earlier, keep your weight under control to avoid uterine cancer. Exercise to avoid increase in weight leading to obesity. It also reduces the estrogen level in your body.
- Healthy food: Healthy food is the key to avoid any disease, be that a common cold or uterine cancer. Eat a healthy and balanced diet everyday to be fit and bouncing.
- Birth control pills: It is believed that the intake of birth control pills helps to keep uterine cancer at bay.
So eat healthy, exercise and adopt healthy habits. Then nothing can stop you from enjoying life to the fullest.
Studies found that corn is a rich source of antioxidants which fight cancer causing free radicals. Unlike other foods, cooking actually increases its usable antioxidants.