To provide my patients with the highest quality surgical care, I'm dedicated to the newest advancements and keep up-to-date with the latest health care technologies....more
To provide my patients with the highest quality surgical care, I'm dedicated to the newest advancements and keep up-to-date with the latest health care technologies.
More about Dr. Arun Prasad
Dr Arun Prasad, FRCS (UK), FRCSEd, FACS
MS ( MAMC ) MBBS ( AFMC )
Senior General, GI & Bariatric Surgeon
Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
Specializing in Laparoscopy, VATS Thoracoscopy, Endoscopic and Robotic Surgery
Former President of Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI)
Pioneer in laparoscopy in UK and India. 1st generation for Advanced GI laparoscopy, Thoracoscopy, SILS, Bariatric & Robotic Surgery in India with many 1st surgeries.
• Laparoscopic Gall Bladder Surgery : Pioneer of laparoscopic surgery in UK and India. First lap cholecystectomy in 1990 as junior surgeon in Nottingham. Now over 6000 laparoscopic cholecystectomy experience with no bile duct injuries. Also single incision (SILS) surgery.
• Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery : Technique published in British Journal of Surgery 1994. Experience of over 2000 laparoscopic hernia surgery including TAPP, TEP, IPOM, eTEP, AWR and TAR
• Bariatric Surgery : Pioneer in India (over 1000 surgeries) including patients of over 250 kg. Sleeve Gastrectomy, Roux enY Gastric Bypass, Mini Gastric Bypass (MGB)
• Bariatric Endoscopy : Pioneer of procedures like Gastric Balloon, Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG) for those for those who don’t want surgery.
• Robotic Surgery : World pioneer of Robotic Bariatric and Thymectomy Surgery with over 400 cases.
• Gastro intestinal Surgery : Laparoscopic & Robotic Benign and Cancer Treatment. Also Stapled MIPH piles, VAFT fistula treatment.
• Largest experience of Thoracoscopy and Robotic Bariatric Surgery in India.
• Records : Some records like, lap chole in 100 year old patient, bariatric surgery in 272 kg patient (record broken by others recently), largest thymoma removed by robotic surgery, 1st robotic minigastric bypass surgery, internationally accepted technique of totally robotic bariatric surgery etc.
35 years of experience as a surgeon makes him one of the most experienced surgeons in India and Globally doing laparoscopy (1990), advanced laparoscopy (1997), single incision laparoscopy (2010), bariatric surgery (2004), robotic surgery (2012) and bariatric endoscope (2018)
There after doing FRCS in 1990, he worked at Charing Cross Medical School, London and associated hospitals. Laparoscopic surgery was started by his team at that hospital.
On his return from UK in 1996, he joined Apollo Hospitals as one of the youngest senior consultants. He was also conferred with the prestigious FACS (USA) in 2019.
Academics and training
Trainer and examiner for post graduate courses of India and UK. Invited faculty at numerous national and international meetings with many publications in peer reviewed journals.
• President of Obesity surgery society of India (OSSI), affiliated to International Federation for Surgery of Obesity (IFSO)
• Former vice president Indian association of gastro endoscopic surgeons (IAGES).
• Faculty at multiple International conferences of Laparoscopic Surgery, Robotic Surgery, Bariatric Surgery – London, Montreal, Vienna, Paris, Naples, Milan, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Germany, Spain, China etc
• Live transmission of surgery to national and international conferences showing robotic and bariatric surgery
• Organizer of Fellowship course in bariatric surgery at Mumbai, Philippines and Duke University USA on behalf of International Bariatric Club & Academy
• Organizer and Academic coordinator of over 50 courses for trauma training under the aegis of Primary Trauma Care UK
• Setting up as HOD, The Department of Surgery, Manipal Hospital, New Delhi covering GI, Thoracic, Bariatric and Robotic surgery 2018-20
• Clinical and academic coordinator at Apollo Hospital (combined experience of over 15 years)
• Setting up telemedicine and CME program
• Joint Commission International (JCI) - Hospital Executive Briefings with new, expanded formats at Lisbon, Portugal, 2007
ABOUT YOURSELF :
Keen cricketer and photographer. Traveled across the world and adventure sports enthusiast. Having done Scuba Diving, Sky Diving, Bungee Jumping, Para Gliding etc in India, Asia, Europe and America.