Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Arun PrasadYour feedback matters!
After washing my face with acne fast soap. My face skin feel irritation and it become rough. What I do?
For last couple of months I am suffering from developing rashes post eating food. While I eliminated lactose and gluten as identified from genetic test, I am still not covered out of it. While I am avoiding all grains and sugar still at times rashes develop. Is there any medicine for this as I am told this may be intestine hypermetabolity and may take time to cure. Can you shed some light on this?
My face and digestion are unfortunate create problem Face so dark ugly in field work. And digestion are good. I am also became gastric present. Please provide solutions.
Can anyone help me how to get rid of under arms bad smell because everyday I take bath but still it smells.
I was suffering from deep vein thrombosis last year. Now no blood clouting in veins but still there is so much swelling in effected area.
I am 25 years old male, I am facing a problem from last 5 years, there is formation of this dark colour velvety skin in neck and armpits area. I have used may fairness creams and scrubs but the problem still persists.
I have skin leashing in my face. How to treat it? I want to get rid off my face? What are the treatments available?
I am 43 years of age, my left chin right from lower side of eye is not clear have some blackish marks. I have used few creams but not useful. This is from my college age when I used to massage pimples, I think this could be the reason. It is like a permanent marks. Can you please suggest.
Healthy skin is one that stays taut and firm. Anetoderma is a rare benign condition where the dermis loses elastic tissue. This results in the formation of a depression in the skin or flaccid skin. This condition is also known as macular atrophy, anetoderma maculosa, and atrophia maculosa cutis. Anetoderma is not contagious.
Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than men. It usually affects people in their late teens and early twenties. Premature babies born with a very low birth weight are also susceptible to this condition. In rare cases, it can run in the family and affect identical twins.
Depending on how it is triggered, there are two types of Anetoderma; primary and secondary. Both forms of this condition may be associated with systemic diseases that include infections like leprosy, HIV and lyme disease, inflammatory or autoimmune conditions and medications like penicillamine.
This is marked by the spontaneous eruptions of lesions on the skin without any other symptoms. The cause for primary anetoderma has not yet been determined. The suggested causes include antiphospholipid antibodies, immunological abnormalities and reduced production of elastin. It has also been associated with cataract, bone calcifications, myocardial infarction and blegvad-haxthausen syndrome
In this case, atrophic lesions are preceded by inflammatory or autoimmune processes. This usually occurs at the site of skin conditions such as chicken pox, syphilis, tumours, acne, infantile haemangioma etc.
Both types of anetoderma can occur simultaneously. The main symptoms of primary and secondary anetoderma are:
Small, round or oval lesions on the upper arms, upper body and thighs. These lesions rarely occur on the neck, face, palms and soles. They may be isolated to grouped together to give a patchy appearance.
1. Atrophic papules
2. Loss of elastic tissue in the skin
3. Fine, diffused wrinkling
Till date, there is no known cure for this disease. If the number of lesions is limited the doctor may look at surgical excision as an option. Different forms of medication have been experimented with, but have not given consistent results. Some of the types of medication prescribed include aspirin, penicillin, vitamin E, niacin, topical epsilon-aminocaproic acid and oral colchicines.
Some cases have also shown improvement on being treated with carbon dioxide fractional lasers and pulsed dye lasers. In cases of secondary anetoderma, successfully identifying and curing the underlying condition can clear up the lesions as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I get a lot of boils on all parts of the body with regular intervals including face and leg and body, I have a dry skin as well as a constipated stomach and am a regular user of esabghol (laxative) what can be the reason for these boils, they subside after some time.
I am 20 year old boy I have rashes on my face it looks like butterfly on cheeks. I have tried out multiple home remedies. Instead of get relief I got rashes on all over my body it look likes small patches. Is it that homemade cure side effect or another. Need your suggestion.
What are dark circles?
Dark circles are shadowy patches under or around the eyes.This can make your face look aged, tired and discoloured. Dark circles may also be accompanied by puffy eyelids and redness of eyes.
What are the causes of dark circles?
- Emotional stress such as anxiety and depression
- Inadequate sleep, as a result of staying up too late or suffering from insomnia
- As a result of some prolonged sickness
- Excessive caffeine consumption
- Alcohol abuse
- Exposure and damage due to ultra violet radiation
- Drug abuse
- Not removing make up properly
- An unhealthy diet which lacks the necessary nutrients
- Melasma or hyperpigmentation
How can dark circles be removed naturally?
- It is important to get enough sleep. A minimum of 7-8hours of sleep should be sufficient to rejuvenate and replenish your body cells.
- Drink water. The optimum level of hydration helps to prevent dark circles and many other body disorders.
- A balanced diet helps to renew cell growth, repairs worn out tissues and slows down the ageing process.
- Light massage promotes blood flow and improves circulation.
- It is important to quit smoking and reduce alcohol consumption.
- Green teabags help to reduce the darkening around the eyes.
- Cucumber slices also help to remove dark eye circles.
What treatments are available for removing dark circles?
- Medicated eye creams especially, those containing retinol, azelaic acid, hyaluronic acid, hydroquinone and vitamin C
- Chemical peeling that is especially, directed at the area around the eyes
- Microdermabrasions a non-invasive non-chemical technique that makes use of a spray of micro-crystals in order to remove the superficial layer of dry and dead skin cells.
- Platelet rich plasma therapy is a new modality of treatment for under eye dark circles in which platelets separated from the patient’s own blood is injected in the area around the eyes, which then releases growth factors to give a more youthful appearance.
- Radiofrequency skin tightening.
- Fillers are often used to smoothen the skin, giving it a more youthful look.
- Carboxytherapy is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment. It makes use of injections which inject gaseous Carbon-dioxide into the skin’s subcutaneous tissues through a needle.
- Intense pulse light therapy (IPL) is a non-ablative and a non-invasive mode of treatment that uses high intensity waves (pulse) of visible light to improve problems such as age lines, wrinkles, freckles, age spots and other blemishes.
- Cheek lift sometimes corrects dark circles
For the complete treatment of dark circles, it is important that a holistic approach is taken towards finding out the cause and customizing the treatment plan. To get rid of your dark circles and make yourself look 10 years younger, visit a Dermatologist at the earliest!