Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Arun MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
1. Once infection occurs, one can get fever within 1- 7 days.
2. Fever, usually high, comes daily for 4-5 days. This time is troublesome due to fever & body aches. At this time, patient should be given lots of fluids, water, juice, cold drinks, tea, milk or soup any thing can be given. Just keep patient well hydrated. One simple way is to see tongue. It should appear wet. Also patient should pass adequate urine. Some people will not be able to drink adequate fluids, due to vomiting, pain abd, or just apathy for any thing orally. If patient can't take enough orally, and his urine output is getting less & lesser, this is an indication that patient should be admitted for intravenous fluids. Pl take him to nearby hospital. One important thing to remember is, the blood test should be done early in the fever, but rather than plt count, at the fever stage we should see hb level. It should be within normal basal limit of that patient.
If you find hb is high, it is a danger sign, even if plt count is normal. Most of people including doctors wait for plt count to fall, & keep waiting, telling patient not to worry as plt count is normal. But this is wrong. Recent rise of hb should not be overlooked. If it is 14 or more, we need to give fluids very rapidly, oral as well as i. V. To bring down hb level to basal level. So do not wait for plt count to fall, take action when hb has gone up, even when plt are in normal range.
Next stage starts when fever becomes normal. At this stage, patient feels better, but plt count is likely to progressively go down. Still, we need not worry due to falling plt count. A count upto 10, 000 is certainly safe, unless patient has active bleeding. There is no role of plt transfusions in a patient, who has no active bleeding. So pl do not insist for plt transfusions in the absence of bleeding.
So friends, let us remember-
1. Once patient has fever, start plenty oral fluids, (appx. 3-4 litres in an adult,& proportionate in children).
2. Give paracetamol for fever. No aspirin/ brufen/ numulid etc.
3. Monitor for breathless during this period, especially when patient does not have fever. If patient complains of breathless ness, when he is afebrile, take him to a doctor. This is important symptom & indicates severe infection, iikely to worsen. Do not overlook breathlessness, especially when patient does not have fever.
4. Once fever settles, this is the time when plt count will fall further. But do not panic, mist pts will recover without complications, just be in touch with a doctor.
5. With best wishes for a dengue free delhi.
Whenever I saw blue film sometime my penis get wet, Some gum type came out, So how is it stop, please help.
Went out for a bike ride yesterday into the mountains. I live in a hilly area so I am usual to such rides. In the morning today, I played for 2 hours also as by my routine, had my breakfast but spent the day sleeping as I am feeling tired and in fever since the breakfast. Mild pain near body joints, bad throat condition and mild headache are also the symptoms I am carrying now for half a day. Please help!
If any one has fatty liver is it make any problems in sex life or any effect in body because of it if yes then what should been done to reduce the fat of the liver before I used to smoke cigarettes 1 packet a day but from past 2.5 years I have quited smoking.
Hello actually I suffered from bad itching and redness on my scrotum but now from few days I am feeling totally fine . Sill I have a doubt (was that all normal
He is 52 years old and having dysentery since two days. He ate food from a shop and then at home maida made dishes.
Hi, I am 33 year old married Male, and working as software professional. Since 2-3 years I am experiencing issue with motion, in one go in the morning motion is not cleared. Sometimes whole stomach is filled with gas, and it passes whole day. What change I should do in my diet/life style so that this problem is solved. I am strictly vegetarian and does not drink/smoke. Thanks.
I had street chinese food yesterday night, today morning I had watery stools and feverish and headache since morning. Any help?
My mother aged 49 Has 2 problems 1) she sweats alot when she does a little household work she looks like she just returned home after a. Walk outside in the hot afternoon 2) she sneezes alot and once it starts if lasts for about 10-5 sneezes back to back I guess she has some kind. Of allergy. I just do not know what is causing that allergy.
Requested sir I having one disease I am 17 years old. The sperms will leaked out in after sleeping please help me.
Ever faced a nagging low back ache that just won't quit? You could be dealing with sciatica. Sciatica or sciatic nerve pain is not a diagnosis in itself, but is a symptom of a deeper problem. Conditions that trigger sciatica include degenerative discs, spinal stenosis, a herniated disc in the lumbar region or spondylolisthesis. Whether your sciatica pain is persistent or sporadic, it can make routine tasks difficult to perform. The good news is that there are a number of remedies to ease this pain and improve the health of your spine.
- Hot and cold therapy: Sciatic pain that extends down to the thighs can be relieved by alternating between a heat pack and an ice pack. Each pack can be applied for about 20 minutes at a stretch every two hours. However, this does not treat the sciatic nerve itself.
- Pain medications and steroid injections: Over the counter pain medication like ibuprofen or muscle relaxants can help alleviate pain and reduce inflammation. In chronic cases, epidural steroid injections may also be prescribed to address the inflammation and pain. Pain relief provided by medication and steroid injections can last for a few days or a few months depending on the person.
- Yoga: Sciatica patients looking for long term relief often turn towards alternative forms of treatment like yoga. Yoga helps strengthen muscles, increases flexibility and improves posture. This is more beneficial towards preventing sciatica problems from arising than treating ongoing sciatic pain. When practicing yoga with a sciatica problem, it is very important to understand your body's limitations and not over extend your back muscles.
- Massage: A massage that treats sciatic pain is very different from the usual massage you may get at a spa. A massage to relieve sciatic pain involves putting pressure on the inflamed part of the back and the piriformis muscle. This is the muscle that sits over the sciatic nerve and triggers sciatic pain. In most cases, 3 to 4 massage sessions at intervals of 7 to 10 days can have effective results on sciatic pain.
- Physical therapy: Sciatica patients often find the slightest movement extremely painful. While lying in a bad is tempting, it can actually worsen the pain. Exercise increases blood flow to the spine and helps flush out toxins. Going for a walk, light aerobics or swimming are ideal ways for a sciatica patient to exercise.
- Chiropractic manipulation: This involves realigning the spinal column and is an effective way of treating underlying conditions that trigger sciatic pain. These spinal adjustments should only be performed by licensed chiropractors or osteopathic physicians. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.