Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arun Kumar Tyagi
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Arun Kumar TyagiYour feedback matters!
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me.
To start with, it is important to understand what palliative care exactly is?
Palliative care is specialised care provided for a patient with serious illness to relieve them of the stress and symptoms of the same. The main aim of palliative care is to improve the quality of life for the patient as well as the family.
To treat a serious illness and to care for a patient with such an illness requires time and effort. Your family and doctors may not be able to offer you the necessary care when the disease is severe and life-limiting. In such cases, palliative care proves to be quite helpful to the suffering patient.
This treatment needs specialized doctors and a team of attendants who are responsible for the betterment of the patient’s moral and mental strength. This treatment is a layer of extra protection for the patients who are severely weak.
Improves your quality of life
Palliative care aims at providing relief from pain, depression, anxiety, fatigue, difficulty sleeping, constipation, nausea and loss of appetite. It will also help in dealing with the suffering and agony that one might feel due to the illness which in turn improves your quality of life. Palliative care is required when the patients are suffering from diseases like cancer, CHF or congestive heart failure, kidney problems, Alzheimer’s diseases, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases and there are many others chronic illness like these which need extra care and protection beside regular medical treatment.
When is it required?
Palliative care is for the patients who have been diagnosed with a life-threatening disease which might or might not be cured, and thus the patient has to bear the symptoms and the stress of the disease for life time.
Palliative care helps in bringing down the stress levels, in turn, reducing the symptoms of a severe disease within.
What can be expected from Palliative care?
Besides the primary medical treatment, you can opt for palliative care for the overall improvement of the patient’s life. There are medical, emotional and other practical needs of the patients which need to be addressed in the right manner and it would be prudent to let to let a specialist take care of the same. This will not only help the patient feel better but also promote faster recovery.
Palliative care specialists work closely with patient, their doctor and the family of the patient to provide extra support. At any given point, if you feel that any of your loved ones needs palliative care, you can discuss it with the doctor and go for it. In such difficult situation, it is best to seek help and make the life easier for both the patient and the family.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 15 years old teenager girl I want to ask that my length of hair is very short please tell me how to improve growth of my hair.
She is 14 year old. Her skin is not so bright. She is a little blackish. So I want to know what she should use to glow her skin?
I am pure vegetarian, I will not consume egg also, as I noticed that compared to others I am somewhat week, suggest me veg diet which increases stamina.
Premenstrual syndrome or PMS is a common phenomenon that happens to over 75% of menstruating women. It refers to a set of symptoms that a woman experiences 7 to 10 days within the onset of her monthly period. The symptoms often cause great discomfort to the woman, but disappear soon after the period gets over.
The symptoms include muscle cramps, headache, body ache, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, mood swings and a lot more. This is not a pathogen related disease. It is caused due to hormonal imbalance before the start of menses in women. The level of female hormones i.e. estrogen and progesterone fluctuate inside a woman’s body prior to the menses. They are believed to have an impact on certain chemicals released by the brain. Therefore, women experience these symptoms during this time of their monthly cycle.
You don’t need to depend on strict medication to get rid of these symptoms. They can vanish if you make some changes in your lifestyle.
Here are some natural ways to get rid of these symptoms:
- Check your diet: In order to enjoy a healthy period, you need to avoid certain food items. Trans fats and hydrogenated fats can increase these symptoms. Cut down on the sugar content of your meal as high sugar level can give birth to some of these symptoms like mood swings, headache, nausea, etc. It is also important to check the water content in your body. It is advisable to avoid salt as too much water retention can be bad. Too much consumption of caffeine can cause depression and anxiety.
- Go for a holistic and balanced diet: Women must include sufficient amounts of minerals and vitamins in their diet to avoid PMS. Try eating foods that are rich in magnesium such as bananas and leafy green vegetables. Also consume Vitamin A rich foods, mainly yellow and orange vegetables.
- Take up some light exercises: Light aerobic exercises may help you in getting some relief from bloated stomach and pain. But, don’t exert yourself in doing stressful exercises.
- Try some heat: Applying a heat pad can provide relief from muscle cramps and abdominal pain. Heat dilates the blood vessels and improves flow of blood through them. This provides relief from any sort of pain.
- Drink right: It is true that too much retention of water in the body can worsen PMS. But it is advisable that you drink sufficient amount of water during the periods or before it starts. As experts say, water itself can hinder water retention in your body. Besides water, go for herbal drinks like a cup of hot ginger tea. Some herbal drinks can work wonders in preventing PMS.
- Sleep well: Adequate night sleep is a must for menstruating women.
- Oil message: Use lavender oil and cypress oil to avoid muscle cramps and tension.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi actually my main problem belly fat and its really look bad after loosing 28 kg weight my tummy looks worth even I feel bad to wear tshirt shirts.
The neck and shoulder have a huge range of movement and thus they are more prone to injury. The ball and socket joint at the upper arm is the shoulder and both the neck and the shoulder are made up of soft tissues, muscles and ligaments.
Reasons behind pain Injured rotator cuffs:
Rotator cuffs are the tendons supporting the shoulder. If they are injured it might lead to a chronic loss of the range of movement. This is more commonly known as a frozen shoulder.
- Dislocation: Dislocated disc of the neck or shoulder due to an accident would cause severe pain in the affected area.
- Fractures: Fractured collarbone or the upper arm bone may result in chronic pain.
- Tendonitis: This occurs due to the over usage of the arms or neck or strains due to over exertion like in sports.
- An unstable shoulder joint: If there is instability in the ball and socket joint of the upper arm, chances of having a chronic pain is high. Others: Degenerative arthritis, herniated disc, and even heart attacks can be the other possible causes of chronic neck and shoulder pain.
When to go to the doctor?
When the patient experiences a pain due to a severe blow or injury, the neck pain radiates down the legs and arms, a feeling of numbness and tingling sensation, or has a stiff neck with fever or vomiting, it is essential to seek the advice of a Doctor.
Diagnosis for shoulder and neck pain X-ray:
The main form of diagnosing a pain is an x-ray. It helps to reveal diseases from arthritis, tumour, slipped disc, narrowing spinal cord, fractures and spinal cord instability.
- MRI: Magnetic Resonance Imaging or simply the MRI reveals the detail of nerve-related issues along with the problems in the ligaments and tendons.
- CT scan: There may be instances when the injuries are difficult to be diagnosed. And, in the case of a fracture, a CT Scan is advised for more details. It is also an alternative to MRI.
- ECG: An Electrocardiogram is a way of diagnosis if shoulder and neck pain continues along with chest pain or shortness of breath. If there is a risk of an individual having a heart attack, then an ECG is recommended.
- Electro Diagnosis: Electromyography referred to as EMG and Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV) are used to diagnose pain in the arm, neck, shoulder followed by a numb feeling on the affected areas.
Treatment for chronic shoulder and neck pain
A simple sprain on the neck and shoulder would demand a rest for a few days along with pain medication. If the pain is due to muscle spasms application of dry or moist heat may provide relief. In the case of a swelling due to injuries, a cold ice pack 4 to 8 times a day will provide immense relief. Patients might be advised a cast or sling for the shoulder pain. The soft tissues in the neck and shoulder can be treated with pain relievers taken for a few days. Muscle relaxants are also prescribed depending on the severity of the pain. Local corticosteroid injections are helpful for shoulder arthritis. Platelet rich plasma injection is another modern treatment for arthritis or tendinopathy. In some situation, radio frequency procedures are very helpful. Exercises are very effective for both neck and shoulder pain movement. Surgery might be an option if nerve roots are affected.
Hi so I have horrible dark circles around my eyes which do not go in spite of adequate sleep and it's not a hereditary problem either. For a year now I've been using make up to cover it but recently my boyfriend broke up with me and he was harsh enough to say that I look the worst without make up which has made me so depressed over time that all I do is cry now and the stress is affecting me in other parts as well and I have lost all my hopes of getting rid of these ugly ass rings around my eyes. Please do NOT give me any natural remedies because I'm tired of them, I've tried in vain for 3 years now and I want something that's the most effective and the quickest way to make them go away. The longer I live with these dark circles, the more I feel suicidal. I do not want to be wearing make up my whole life.
I'm suffering from hair loss from 6 months how to reduce hair fall in best way help me from problem.
I am a 17 year old girl. I am suffering from chickenpox by 20 may 2015. And today i am fine but there is a problem which makes me very unhappy that is its scars. Lots of chicken pox scars is on my face, legs, back and on my tummy please sir give me some advise. My back is covered by scar an my face also and I feel very upset please give some advise I request you.
I am constantly losing on my health due to which I feel very weak and tired all the time. Please sir give me some suggestion to gain on my health.
I am 19 years old. I am using menstrual cup (shecup) from this month, I have some doubts regarding this product:- 1. Can it get stuck inside my vagina cause I had similar kind of feeling today wile removing it? 2. Can it cause any yeast infection? I have been suffering from fungal infection on my inner thigh area & on medicines 3. What is toxic shock syndrome, how is it related with menstrual cup and how to avoid it? I am really worried to use it. Please clear my doubts. Thank you.
Hello Doctor, Ny father has a arthritis problem, doctor gas advised him for knee replacement we are not sure on this even my father is not agree for knee replacement. Is there anu cure that xan help him specially in pain. Sone home remedies?
Hello Doctor, we had to terminate our pregnancy in the 24th week due to congenial heart defects (VSD, Truncus arteriosus) in the fetus. I was told that the reasons for the CHD could be a.) getting married in the same blood relation, b.) the effects of some medicines on the pregnancy at the time of conception, c.) because of some defect in chromosomes and/or d.) it was just random or an accident. My wife and I are not married in the same blood relations and my wife was on antibiotics one month prior to conception. Could you please tell me what exactly could be main reason for this defects and what are the chances that these defects will not be there in subsequent pregnancies and what precautions shall we take to mitigate these risks in the future.
Sunscreens help shield you from the sun's dangerous ultraviolet (UV) rays in two ways. Some work by scattering the light, reflecting it away from your body. Others absorb the UV rays before they reach your skin.
A few years ago, choosing a good sunscreen meant you just looked for a high sun protection factor (SPF) -- which rates how well the sunscreen protects against one type of cancer-causing UV ray, ultraviolet B (UVB). SPF refers to blockage of UVB rays only.
Research soon showed that ultraviolet A rays (UVA) also increase skin cancer risk. While UVA rays don't cause sunburn, they penetrate deeply into skin and cause wrinkles. The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that up to 90% of skin changes associated with aging are really caused by a lifetime's exposure to UVA rays.
Whether you are heading out to the beach for relaxing day of swimming, or traveling out on the nature trail for a fun day of hiking, sunscreen should be an important part of your day. Follow the instructions contained in this guide to learn how to choose a sunscreen that is right for you.
Clearly, you will want a sunscreen with broad-spectrum or multi-spectrum protection for both UVB and UVA.
Tips for choosing the right sunscreen:
- Broad Spectrum: It means the sunscreen protects against UVB and UVA rays and helps prevent skin cancer and sunburn.
- High UVA protection: Sun's UV rays can be easily prevented, and thus severe kinds of skin troubles can be eliminated. In this case, the product label needs to be checked so that you can get 100% assurance that your skin will be protected against UV rays for sure.
- Water resistance: Pick a sunscreen which is Water Resistant (effective for up to 40 minutes in water) or Very Water Resistant (effective for up to 80 minutes in water). This means the sunscreen provides protection while swimming or sweating up to the time listed on the label. Even when using a water-resistant sunscreen, you should reapply after getting out of the water or after sweating.
- Medicated Products: Do not go by the local brands rather you must choose only medicated products.
- Daily usage: Using sunscreen on a daily basis is a great necessity. In fact, this is one of the most important steps for getting most productive effects. You can apply the cream, especially before going under direct sun.
- Skin-friendliness: The sunscreen should not contain any toxic elements or chemicals, otherwise your skin will get adversely affected. Different kinds of skin damages can occur such as spots, patches skin allergies or infections if you do not choose the right sunscreen apt for your skin.
- Correct application of sunscreen: Apply on exposed areas: You should apply sunscreen, especially on those body parts that usually remain exposed towards sun all the time. If you frequently wear bikinis, then you should include legs, thighs, arms, back, face and other areas.
- Enriched with moisturizers: If the sunscreen is equipped with moisturizers, then your skin will become smoother and soothing effects will be found. Some of the moisturizers consist of organic ingredients that can improve skin quality and texture to a great extent. These moisturizers also provide sufficient nutrients to your skin.
- Frequent application: If you are willing to get best results and utmost protection from UV rays, then nothing can be the right way-out other the applying the sunscreen on a frequent basis. After every two-hours, you are advised to apply the sunscreen.
- Wearing sun-protection accessories: Apart from applying the sunscreen lotion, you are advised wearing different kinds of useful sun-protection accessories for getting greater protection. Some of the most prominent accessories are sunglasses, long sleeves, umbrella and others. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!