Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Arun Kumar MehraYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I did a microdiscetomy 2 year before in my lumber disc l4-l5 and l5-s1 in the left side . After surgery the pain gone away from my back and legs but after six month the pain again start in my back and buttocks and almost 2 year over I am still suffering from pain and I do not want a surgery again. I did a mri and found recurrent herniation in the same disc so I left the bending forward because of pain and afraid from more herniation so plzz give me some advice regarding my problem.
I am having finger pain in my left hand thumb from past 4 months. My thumb got stretched back suddenly while pressing the car seat spring button. Its not giving me unbearable pain, but there is a continuous pain while lifting heavy things or even shaking hands. Its giving me a uncomfortable feeling and also I am not able to pop this finger. The pain is in between the wrist and thumb, there is no pain in the thumb joints. I tried using joint pain palms .but no effect. Any suggestions or home remedies?
I have left rib pain since 2 days. And its feel like hitting there. So please hem me how to overcome with it.
I am 26 years old. I have lots of back pain. My Doctor said to me that I am suffering from coccydynia. I took allopathic medicines from 1 months. Please suggest me some homeopathic medicines for that problem.
I am suffering from chronic neck pain and stress I did not take sleep properly and I am suffer from face itching and heads itching and dandruff.
I have pain in my shoulders from 1 week so what I am to do for this I will try pain relief pill and creems but do not work.
Hi I am 32year old male I am suffering back pain and go to my leg also I can't walk and sit properly pls suggest me what I can.
My mother have and issue she do not feel hunger but feel weakness and fatigue and nails are Dry and backache Normally she always had these kind of symptoms.
Hello sir I am having back pain since last few days. And also I am having ichness in my eyes. What to do.
I am 26 years old female I am having severe pain in right hand . Near elbow due to which my whole hand in pain. Since last two dayswhat should I do to relieve the pain.
25 years old female having problem with left leg above the knee; becomes senseless and experiencing pain.
I am 27 years old I have back pain and pain goes down to buttock until knee. When I sit down after I cannot walk properly for few seconds but when I walk continuously then I feel relax. And I can feel some voice of muscle or bones also.?
I have pain in my back. I took many medicines but it didn't work. Please suggest me proper medicine.
I am having back pain from centre of back till the hips. It is paining more day by day. Already consulted doctor. Medicines (mecofol A, powergesic) are not so effective. As I am out of the home for the whole day, when I reach home at night I can barely stand after sit & becomes difficult to sleep at night becoz of pain. Are their any home remedy apart from medications to solve my pain?
Lumbago or Lower back pain is a condition that is characterized by mild to serious pain or uneasiness in the lower back region. Lower back pain is more prevalent among the youth whose work includes physical exertion or sitting for long hours and is also common in individuals belonging to the 'retirement age' because of their sedentary lifestyles. The pain might be acute (sudden and extreme) or chronic if it has been endured over a span of three months.
The most common causes of lower back pain are:
- Overuse of the muscles and includes strains or sprains of soft tissues such as muscles, ligaments and vertebral compression fractures.
- Pressure on the roots of nerves due to conditions such as spinal canal stenosis (narrowing down of the spaces within the spine) or herniated disc (a condition of the rubbery disc present between the spine bones (vertebrae)).
- Osteoarthritis is a condition wherein the shock absorbers, found in the joints, progressively break down.
When it affects the spine, the condition causes back pain by stiffening the spinal joints. Symptoms of Lumbago (Low back pain) include:
- Stiff back
- Numbness in the legs
- Loss of weight
- Difficulty in urinating
- Sciatica, which is the pain running down the lower back to hips, legs and thighs. This occurs due to a compression by an intervertebral disc in the back, which leads to a pinched nerve.
How to diagnose lower back pain or a slip disc?
Some methods that can be utilized for diagnosing back include Xray, CT Scans, Myelogram and MRI scans.
Treatment options available -
Exercises along with correction of bad posture for relieving back pain are a common component of any treatment plan. Factors such as type and severity of the pain as well as the patient?s history can help in determining the type of treatment that can be administered. In most cases, the recovery time is usually six weeks without surgery. Typical treatment of back pain includes use of muscle relaxants, painkillers and physiotherapy. Surgery is suggested in severe cases. Some other treatments are discussed below:
- Rest: A period of rest and inactivity would help the injured tissues to recuperate and relieve back pain. However, extended periods of rest lead to weakening of muscles and hence might prolong the existing back pain.
- Heat and ice packs: Both heat and ice therapies are used according to the patient's preference to reduce inflammation.
- Medications: A large variety of prescription and over-the-counter medicines are available. Some reduce back pain caused by inflammation and others prevent the pain signals from travelling to the brain. Examples would include acetaminophen, celecoxib and diclofenac.