Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Arun Kumar GiriYour feedback matters!
Colon cancer refers to the uncontrolled growth of cancer cells in the region of your large intestine. It is often associated with rectal cancer and is termed as colorectal cancer, since the process of metastasis (a process through which cancer cells pass rapidly to the other organs of your body) is very rapid for this particular medical condition. Colon cancer is prevalent among both men and women irrespective of their age, but is generally noticed in people above forty years of age. Though the causes of colon cancer cannot be specifically identified, there are certain factors that can increase your chance of developing colon cancer.
The risk factors are mentioned below:
- Family history of colon cancer
- Chronic diseases of the intestine(like inflammation of intestine)
- A regular diet with low fibers but high calories
- Consuming high amount of alcohol
If you are diagnosed with colon cancer, you may show the following symptoms:
- Inconsistency of bowel movements. (diarrhea and constipation)
- Passage of blood through stool
- Pain in your abdominal region
- Sudden weight loss
- Body fatigue
Colon cancer can be fatal if not treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for colon cancer. Some of the remedies are mentioned below:
- Drinking green tea can be very effective. Green tea has epigallocatechin (a Polyphenol used in different dietary supplements) which can destroy the formation of cancer cells.
- Consuming Aloe Vera is another useful technique. It cleans the digestive tract and colon region by removing harmful toxins and can thus help to cure cancer faster.
- Turmeric is also very potent in fighting cancer. It contains curcumins which can destroy the cancer cells formed in the colon region.
- Ashwagandha is known to have certain properties that can control the growth of cancer cells and is thus instrumental in treating colon cancer.
- The juice of garlic has certain medicinal properties that can combat the growth of cancer cells in your colon region. Intake of garlic juice can thus be very helpful.
Since colon cancer has limited survival rates, it is highly recommended for you to seek advice from an Ayurveda practitioner if you wish to get healed naturally.
What is cancer. Symptoms of cancer. How can it be treated. Why it is so dangerous disease. How can we prevent this disease.
Only men have prostate gland and it surrounds that part of the tube which carries urine out of the body from the bladder. When cells in this gland start growing without any control and get clumped with each other, they form tumors. It is then the chances of prostate cancer arise in the men's body. These tumors can be malignant, and they can kill the healthy tissues of your body and spread to other body parts.
Chances of getting prostate cancer
The chances of getting prostate cancer are among men who are over 65 years of age. The ratio of getting prostate cancer is one among six men. It is more common in black men compared to white men, Hispanic men and Asian men. Moreover, when there is history of prostate cancer in your family, the chances of having prostate cancer increases.
Now, let's find out the symptoms that will let you know that you may have prostate cancer.
Symptoms of prostate cancer
There are different stages of prostate cancer and depending upon the stage you can get to know various symptoms.
However, the problem is that in the early stages there are no specific symptoms of prostate cancer. Certain urinary symptoms may suggest that you are suffering from prostate cancer. Such symptoms are:
- Frequent urination
- Difficulty with starting urine flow
- Urination that burns
- Blood in the urine
- Weak flow, or 'dribbling'
These symptoms always do not mean that you are suffering from prostate cancer, as these symptoms may be there when your prostate gland gets enlarged.
Another symptom associated with prostate cancer is pain in different parts of the body. When the cancerous cells spread they cause pain around the prostate gland. There can be pain in the hips, pelvis, and lower back or upper thighs.
Prostate gland also plays a major role in the male reproductive system. Thus, if there is any sexual dysfunction, there are chances that it may be due to prostate cancer. If you are having a problem in getting an erection or maintaining it also becomes difficult, one problem can be prostate cancer. Sometimes you may experience painful ejaculation, which also points towards chances of having prostate cancer.
Thus, if you experience any of the above mentioned symptoms, its right time to get to your physician. Remember that as there are no early symptoms, the moment you find any of these symptoms, you should pay a visit to your Doctor.
Related Tip: "Prostate Cancer and Its Psychological Impact"
My mother having 8 m.m.of ghat (cyst ) in her left breast It is a sign of breast cancer please help.
My friend has lump in her breast. What should she do? And also advise what is the way to get out from this problem besides any surgeries.
Hi I am 30 years old I am suffering from breast infection (granular mastitis likely) I had done sonomammography first after that doctor had given me Antibiotics (Amoxyllin potassium calvulanate) for 7 days and after that she prescribed me zifi turbo tablet and defzacort for 7 day and after ward she prescribed me zifi 200mg and defzacort and Gama linolenic acid tablet for 10 day ask to follow up USG but in report as compared to first there is no changes in size that infection size is same in both report but I touch that I feel it less in size as compared to before size as well as my doctor also feel it and now they suggested me to do FNAC test. What should I do pls help me and now doctor has prescribed me clarithromycin 500mg and defzacort for 10 days.
She had pain in Breast before two days and her mom say ware bra then it will gone. She did it she lost her pain. Why she got pain give the answer please ?
I am 50 years old. I am suffering from prostate gland since one year. I have not taken any medicine for that. Now I am having problem of peeing. It comes out very slowly & takes more time to finish. Please advice me.
Sir, when I am sucking my wife's breast milk is coming. Already we have children but they are above 10 years. What to do. Can I drink the milk. Please help me in regarding to.
Dr. My mother is aged 80. She was diagnosed to have MTB after a bronchoscopy about 5 months back by a chest specialist. She is given Mycobutol 1000mg, R Cinex 600mg alongwith her BP and diabetes medicines. She has been advised to restrict her total fluid (water+other fluids) consumption to just 1 to 1.250 litres per day. He echo cardiagram gives an EF value of 55% and the Chest scan report says'No significant fluid collection" Pls advise me whether she will have to live with this limited fluid consumption of 1 to 1.25 litres for the rest of her life. Or this fluid restriction will be increased or removed after the treatment for MTB is completed? Is there any other way of overcoming this water restriction safely without any future complications? Chennai city is always hot and 1 to 1.250 litres of fluid is too little to manage with. Thank you
Prostate cancer is a very painful disease to go through. However, what some people do not realize is that prostate cancer is equally disturbing from a psychological viewpoint, both for the patient and the family.
Here are some psychological impacts of prostate cancer:
- Shock, fear or anger: These are immediate reactions and you could feel any or all of these feelings when the disease is first reported to you. These feelings may continue for some time, but if the patient is unable to come out of the state of the anger for a long time, then he may need psychological help.
- Denial: Sometimes, you may feel well and deny the fact that you have prostate cancer or not realize you really do. Accept it! This is the first step to curing it.
- Frustration and disappointment: Try to avoid these types of feelings and if you do, then go to a shrink as well, as these are signs of depression.
- Stress: This is also a natural feeling and will haunt you till this disease is gone. However, there are many ways to help reduce it.
- Worrying: This is usually related to the side effects in the early stages of prostate cancer. Trust your doctor. Finding a support group or talking to people in similar conditions may help.
- Mood swings: This is one of the side effects of the hormone therapy used to treat prostate cancer. It may cause you to get angry and anxious and then tearful and depressed.
- Anxiety: Some men are overly worried about their prostate-specific antigen or PSA test results. The anxiety may continue even after the PSA test is over.
- Sense of loss: Hormone therapy causes many physical changes in your body, including weight gain, changes in your sex life as well as reduced physical strength. Few things will be the same after prostate cancer in all honesty. Talking to the people around you can help more than you know.
While prostate cancer can cause all sorts of negative emotions, it is crucial that you use your family to stay strong and do not slip into depression. There are also a few patients, who accept this diagnosis well, if properly counselled. In the majority of cases, prostate cancer grows slowly. In those cases, new drugs are available which help the patient lead a near normal life.
I am 67 years old male person. I am experiencing some prostate problem for the last one and half years sometimes there is no free flow of passing urin. Please advise.
He is 65 years old heart patient diabetic and had a surgery of cancer, his S Creatine is now 9.5, doctors have advised dialysis, is it the right treatment or is there any other alternative.
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. My question is that does adrenal gland cancer also reduces testicle size?
Brain cancer is a disease of the brain in which cancer cells (malignant cells) arise in the brain tissue. Cancer cells grow to form a mass of cancer tissue (tumor) that interferes with brain functions such as muscle control, sensation, memory, and other normal body functions. Tumors composed of cancer cells are called malignant tumors, and those composed of mainly non-cancerous cells are called benign tumors. Cancer cells that develop from brain tissue are called primary brain tumors while tumors that spread from other body sites to the brain are termed metastatic or secondary brain tumors.
Brain cancer is actually the abnormal growth and uncontrolled growth of the cancer cells in the brain that forms a tumor in the brain.Tumours can be either benign or malignant.
Benign brain tumours are abnormal collections of cells that reproduce slowly and usually remain separate from the surrounding normal brain.
Malignant tumours reproduce and grow quickly. Their borders are hard to distinguish from the normal brain around them.
There are few early symptoms of brain cancer, but as the tumour grows within the confines of the skull, it causes increased intracranial pressure and exerts pressure on the brain, causing signs to develop.
Brain cancer symptoms and signs are varied and depend on the area of the brain involved, but can include:
Nausea and vomiting, which, CANSA reports, may be worse in the morning or after a sudden position change.
Difficulty walking or clumsiness.
Changes in alertness.
Brain cancer occurs when there is an uncontrolled growth of cancer cells in the brain that form a malignant brain tumor. The underlying cause of primary brain cancer, cancer that begins in the brain, is not known. Secondary brain cancer is caused by a cancer of another organ in the body, such as the breast, prostate, kidney, skin, or bone, that has spread to the brain.
What are the risk factors for brain cancer?
Certain inherited conditions, including neurofibromatosis, Von Hippel-Lindau syndrome, Li-Fraumeni syndrome, and Turcot syndrome
Personal history of cancer or family history of brain cancer
Impaired immune system
Radiation therapy of the head
Surgery is the main form of treatment for brain tumors that lie within the membranes covering the brain or in parts of the brain that can be removed without damaging critical neurological functions. The goal is to remove the entire tumor, whenever possible, as a tumor may recur if any tumor cells are left behind. Radiation therapy and chemotherapy are generally used as secondary treatment for tumors that cannot be cured through surgery alone.
Stereotactic radiosurgery is a treatment option that delivers a high concentration of radiation directly to the tumor in order to stop its growth, while delivering only a minimal dose of radiation to the surrounding tissue. Unlike conventional surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery does not require making an incision to remove the tumor. It can be especially effective in patients with many small metastatic brain tumors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.