Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arun GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors, My baby girl is 5 months old. She is getting cold often. And due that she gets itchy nose and eyes. She is getting irritated because of that. Her weight was 5.5 kgs last month on 5th august. Another concern is that she is getting lots of sweating on her forehead and head when she is drinking milk. Whether it is mothers milk or topfeed. Kindly advice on this.
One of my friend, child was born yesterday, normal delivery. Its boy baby and baby is not crying. What will be the reason of not crying and please advice.
The moment when you learn about your child being autistic can be a life changing moment for you. You might feel all the dreams and aspirations which you built around your child come crashing down on a pile of zilch. However, recent developments in this field show that you can certainly take steps to make your child more comfortable and bond well with them.
Autism related disorder usually begin before the age of 3, when the child starts encountering problems in communication and social interaction. This article tries to help you find a way to deal with an autistic child:
- Learn more about autism: Learn about autism as much as you can; a broad understanding of the causes and symptoms of the disorder can help you understand your child better. This will also enable you to respond to your child’s needs better, both physical and psychological.
- Build a strong support system: It is difficult to parent a child who is suffering from autism. Communicating and interacting with your child might be extremely difficult and problematic. In order to overcome this stress, you should have a strong support network, a support network from which you can draw your strength and logic once you have to take major life decisions for your child.
- Review your treatment options: It is advisable to start treatment immediately after the diagnosis is done. Early treatment can help better your child’s cognitive skills that can help him/her cope better with the surroundings and circumstances. The treatment options include behavioral training whereby self-help or social skills training is used to work on the child’s communication skills and behavior. Specialized therapy is another option whereby the therapies are directed at a particular aspect of the child, primarily speech or physical functioning.
- Focus on your child’s diet: Diet plays an important role in the regularization of any disease. Even in case of autism, deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals makes it very important to analyze the diet and then assess it. Consult with the doctor before making any modification to the child’s diet.
- Behavioral training: Behavioral training is an aspect of autism treatment that allows the child to adapt to various conditions. Before a child undergoes behavioral training, it is advised to assess his/her behavior, functional abilities and the environment your child belongs to. The objective of this therapy or training is to induce desired behavior and get rid of the undesirable ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
My son having high grade fever of 102 103 frm past 1 day he is given advent forte 3.5 ml. For tonsil inflammation and his urine culture is awaited. From past sometime he is taking antibiotics every alternate month. Is it safe to give him given the antibiotics abuse notion circulating around. We have tried so many things to increase hia immunity but all go in vein.
Hello dear doc. My13 year old daughter (not pubic now, her ultrasound is ok) faint twice at school while playing in hot day. We haven't seen any symptoms of fits but as she awake after half an hour our doctor suggested test of vitamin d, EEG,MRI. After test vitamin d level show 25 in report MRI normal, EEG abnormal so neurologist suggest medicine. But before started it ,we again did EEG from other famous diagnostic centre but dis time EEG report is normal. It's really surprising in 5 days. One report shows abnormal other shows normal. Now being a mother I am really confuse. Wat to do or. Not to do.
Children are constantly complaining of running noses and flus. This is part of their process of strengthening immunity and hence every child must go through this phase. Prescribing antibiotics every time a child sneezes worsens the situation by weakening their immunity. Hence, when it comes to children, homeopathy is an excellent form of treatment. Homeopathy can be prescribed to children of all ages.
Homeopathy addresses the physical, mental and emotional characteristics of a child and addresses the root of the problem. Though it has negligible side effects, apart from a few homeopathic medicines, it is always a good idea to consult a homeopathic practitioner before administering medicine to a child. Some homeopathic medicines that are commonly prescribed for children’s problems are:
Aconite- This is used to treat the sudden onset of any illness or any illness in its early stages. Aconite is most often prescribed to treat flu and common colds. It can also be used to calm a child in case of sudden shock or fright.
Arnica- Children are constantly falling and bruising themselves and arnica is the best first aid. Arnica can be ingested in pill form or applied topically in cream or gel form. It is useful for bruises, sore muscles, burns and black eyes but should never be applied topically over broken skin.
Calcarea Carbonate- This is used to treat ear infections and colds that are a result of exposure to cold weather. It can also be used to treat babies who perspire excessively from their head and complain of heat and pulsating sensations in their ears.
Chamomilla- This homeopathic remedy is ideal for restlessness, caused by teething, ear troubles, colic etc. It can also be used to treat bedwetting and diarrhoea. A cup of chamomile tea before going to bed can also help a child sleep well.
Pulsatilla- This homeopathic remedy can be used to calm nervous and whiny children who alternate between extreme happiness and sadness. It is also efficient when it comes to treating ear aches that become worse at night and colds accompanied by yellow or yellow-green mucous discharge.
Sulphur- Sulphur is used to treat earaches accompanied by perspiration and redness of the ears. It can also be used to treat skin problems such as scaly skin and acne eruptions. Irritable children who complain excessively after having a warm bath or getting out of a warm bed can also be calmed with sulphur.