Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arun Gupta
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arun GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi my baby is 2 months old. He is on top feed and breast feed both. Inspite of burf he is vomiting, which medicine should I give him please suggest.
Hi, My niece were suffering with typhoid fever and treatment is still going on but now from last 3-4 days the fever is going to 3-4 degree, When we give medicine it comes down. Today at morning 5 AM she has 4 fever. Kindly suggest what we need to do in this case, Shall we go with and king of Test? As of now Doctor has not suggested us any kind of Tests. She is 2.5 years old.
My 9 months daughter is teething. I want to know any homeopathic medicine for her. I am giving her calcium and vitamin supplements. please also suggest calcarea phos can be given to her. If so how much tabs be given.
Hello Lybrate Users,
I am posting on this topic as many of users have been asking on the same issue.
1. It has nice taste.
2. Freshness lasts longer.
3. Has good antibacterial property of neem and turmeric.
4. Its soothing action on the cavities and gums.
5. Minimum side effects.
1. It cannot be an alternative to dental treatment as it cannot reverse progression of disease of gums or cavities.
2. As it soothens (obtundant) effect of clove oil on regular basis misguides the pain response which would end up in the end stages of the disease finally results increased cost of dental treatment in late stages of the disease or the tooth should be removed if caries or periodontal progression goes beyond to save the tooth.
3. The turmeric might cause tooth discolouration in long run.
As far as to my knowledge is concern use it just if you want to give a try but I will never recommend on a daily basis.
Hi my nephew is 3.5 years old. Past 3 days he is having stomach ache. He has no symptoms of loose motions or urination problem. Yesterday we went to doctor who advised cyclopam. The medicine is giving relief for 6 hours and again the problem is coming back. He is not eating properly as well but the pain is severe. Kindly advise on urgent basis.
Hello my daughter is 18 months old. Her weight is 9.3 kg. She is not at all having good quantity of food. She eats only 4 spoons of food. Does she have correct weight? Some of my cousins are suggesting me to use vitamin supplements. If you using vitamin supplements at that age is good. What should I use her? She drinks 2 cups of plain milk. Should I add some powder to the plain milk?
Nursing improperly often becomes a big reason for tooth decay and caries in babies. The way out is to get the baby tooth cared for from the very first day. This form of tooth decay is associated with nursing, when the baby sucks the pacifier, or takes other sugary juices or drinks, or formula milk from a nursing bottle.
The main causes of nursing bottle caries:
The babies are often fed in nursing bottles or feeding bottles, and the bottle nipple often stays in the mouth for long; sometimes overnight also if not taken care of. Again, the babies are pacified with pacifiers, which are often dipped in honey or a sugar solution, and this again brings in more reasons for dental caries. In any of the situations described, the baby's newly formed teeth which are susceptible to all forms of decay and damages while being gentle and new can get cavities. The sugary liquids and milk can form a coating on the teeth which brings in cavities.
How to prevent the nursing caries:
The best option to prevent is not to leave the baby with the bottle or pacifier for long. Again, the pacifier or the bottle should be always washed properly, sterilized and not left in the mouth of the baby uncared, especially during sleep time, when the baby sleeps while sucking onto them.
There are some steps to follow to prevent the early tooth decay and maintain baby dental hygiene. They are:
1. Even before the first tooth comes out, massage and clean the baby's gums with a clean washcloth or soft cotton everyday, and after every long feeding.
2. You don't need toothpaste to start brushing the first few new teeth that come out. Just brush without a toothpaste and use a very soft gentle brush to form the habit. In areas where no tooth has come up, brush and massage the gums only.
- When all the teeth have come up, start flossing everyday
- Try to take the baby for a dental checkup at least every year if not every six months.
- Try to cut down on the consumption of extra sweet beverages. Add some water to the fruit juice to dilute the concentration and sweetness.
All these steps mentioned are great to start healthy and good dental care and hygiene, and if you follow them well, then dental caries will be away.