Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arun GuptaYour feedback matters!
Seasonal changes can be very exciting for most people. Each season brings with it a new set of colours and nature takes a new turn. However, for people with seasonal allergies, a seasonal change also comes with a set of allergies. From skin rashes to wheezing to breathing difficulties, the list of symptoms can be quite long. Asthma is the most common problem, and the attacks can be quite bothersome with wheezing attacks and breathing troubles.
With advancements in the field of medicine, there is a lot of relief for asthma patients. A little understanding on how asthma attacks happen will help in understanding how to control it. Asthma is an allergic reaction caused by narrowing of the airway with thick mucus, which makes breathing difficult. During an attack, the person can have a dry cough, face shortness of breath and wheezing.
Asthma is often triggered or worsened by some factors, and being aware of these can help prevent or manage an attack:
- Common allergens like pollen, mites, ticks, furs of animals, bird feathers, specific foods (peanuts, milk products, eggs, etc.) and mold spores appear during change of season.
- Environmental chemicals like cigarette smoke, car fumes, dust, etc., can also trigger an attack.
- Attacks of cold or flu can lead to an asthma attack.
- Workout during cold weather can be problematic, but exercise can also help control asthma attacks. Lung function improves sufficiently, but an exercise regime should be drawn up for the patient based on his condition.
- Stressful emotions like anger and anxiety can also lead to an attack or make it worse.
- Some medications like aspirin, beta blockers, glaucoma drops can aggravate attacks of asthma.
Once you know the triggers, here are some common measures that can help prevent and relieve the wheezing.
- The preventers reduce the inflammation in the airway tube and the swelling. While they do not provide immediate relief during an attack, using these in the long term helps avoid attacks. These are low-dose inhaled corticosteroids such as beclomethasone, fluticasone, and budesonide. Doctors would advise their usage even when there are no symptoms, as asthma attacks can be triggered when they are not taking these medications for a while. Newer drugs include leukotriene antagonists like montelukast and zafirlukast. Relievers are used for symptom relief and include Salbutamol (short acting) and Salmeterol/Formoterol (long acting). Peak flow meter may be useful in acute attacks, wherein the peak flow rates can be reduced.
A good strategy is to use preventers regularly and rely on relievers during an attack. The first one helps build resistance and so reduces the incidence of attacks. Reach out to a doctor if a severe attack ensues (lasts more than 3 hours).
Epilepsy is a common neurology problem. We need to have proper diagnosis and treatment. The medications need to be taken very regularly. Make sure to sleep for at least 6 to 7 hours.
My son nowadays he eat more food. His weight increased and little lazy also. I am very fear his stomach is come front. He is 11 year old. Pls help me give some advice.
Hi I'm Naveen 23 male .Is milk really help to me b'coz some doctor said Cows milk is for baby cows and not humans. Milk is needed only till your weaning period is over after birth. That is 1-1.5 years after birth. No animal drinks the milk of another animal. Which one is correct can I take milk?
4 months ago I got c section operation given birth to baby boy .Yesterday onwards loose motion and stools mixed with blood and white gel and stomach ache. And my son 4 months baby vomiting whenever he drinks breast milk from yesterday.
My 3 years old daughter does want to eat non -veg food. Always she wants to eat some spicy food. She wants chicken in her every launch or dinner. She doesn't like Dal, sabji etc. It is not good for her health, isn't in Dr? Can I give LIVSAVE KIDS to protect her liver? Please give me suggestion.
My age is 16 I am still slim My friends is tall and fat I want to became a good healthy person what I have to take?
Whether water can mineral water is used to boil? Or not please give me suggestions I am using for my 6 month baby?
How to know that breastfeed is enough for baby. Baby is 3-1/2 month old and has weight 6.1 kg but he demands milk after every one hour if not sleeping. Birth weight of baby was 3.35 kg. Please advice.
I have boy he is 8 years old. He usually take coffee with his dinner. How bad it is to take coffee at night.
Free tongue movement in pre-verbal infants influences their perception.says Canadian researchers.
The results showed a teether inserted into the mouth of an infant has an impact on the tongue tip and blade movement influencing speech perception.
Speech perception is available even before infants accrue experience producing speech sounds.