Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arun Gupta
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arun GuptaYour feedback matters!
Lips ke liye konsa vitamin best hota hai mere lips bahut Jada dry rehta hai or ye kyu dry rehta hai. In per two day me dad skin jam jati hai please give me suggestion and supplements.
Hi doctor. I am suffering from boils in underarms from many years. Repeatedly coming. Please suggest me treatment.
I am a male guy and my age is 17 years. I have dry skin. Is melaglow cream effective in reducing the melanin from skin.
Can I use sunscreen in very polluted area and if I use sunscreen in pollution can it make my skin dark and dull please tell me.
I have dark circles under my eyes want to get glow on my face how can I get glowing face permanently with effective medicine and ointments?
With age, the skin loses its elasticity and firmness, causing sagging skin and deep folds. The facelift, as the name suggests, give a lift to the ageing face so that a youthful appearance is restored.
The lower one-third of the face, given the lesser number of bones, is a lot more prone to ageing changes. There are many people with the corners of the lips drooping, double chin, folds from the nose to the lips losing their definition, skin sagging, etc. These can be corrected by a trained, well-experienced surgeon.
The following are some of the main issues which can be corrected with a lower facelift surgery.
- Gravity: Though not noticeable at all, the earth’s gravity plays a major role in the ageing part. Especially in the lower half of the face, there is no underlying bone except the mandible. This causes the muscles and tissues to gravitate downwards, producing an aged appearance with a double chin and undefined neck/head interface. The rounded facial appearance becomes elongated gradually with age, which can be restored with a lower facelift.
- Drooping mouth: With age, the muscles in the lower face droop and produce an appearance with corners of the mouth drooping. The lips lose their normal curvature and become thin and are usually downward aligned, giving a grumpy appearance.
- Double chin: There is gradual laxity that builds in the muscles of the chin and neck, forcing people to wear turtlenecks to avoid the sagging skin and double chin.
These are some of the common indications for a lower facelift. There are different types of lower facelift. The same have been listed below.
- S-facelift: A small, S-shaped incision is made beginning in the front of the area, and through this, the underlying structures are tightened and excess skin is trimmed down.
- SMAS facelift: This incision begins around the temples, is hidden under the hairline and works to remove fatty tissue and firming up the connective tissue. This is a more elaborate process than the S-facelift.
Both these can be clubbed with a neck liposuction where excess fat is removed from the neck area to produce far improved results.
Suitable candidates: People in relatively good health with an adequate elasticity of the skin around the face and neck. Laxity around the jawline, drooping corners around the mouth, excess fat in the neck and chin area are good candidates for lower facelift surgeries.
While a lower facelift can help improve your appearance, it is extremely important to place yourself in the hands of a competent, well-experienced surgeon. These are intricate procedures and can go if not done by an experienced person. Choose someone you are sure of and see yourself lose some years.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!