Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ArunYour feedback matters!
I have hypothyroidism with TSH= 6.82 and T3, T4 normal from past few years. But my weight does not increase. It remain stable. I am 28 tears old and underweight with only 47 Kg from past many years. As per symptoms I shud gain weight. I am not on any medication. Pls help.
As diabetes is metabolic condition in which an individual affected would have rise in blood glucose level either due to insulin production is not sufficient or body's cells do not respond properly to insulin or both.
- frequent urination and increased thirst
- unexplained weight loss
- cuts and wounds takes long time to heal
- scabies and scratchiness on skin feet getting numb or cramps in legs
- lack of exercise and obesity
- unhealthy diet junk food fatty food alcohol tobacco etc,
- lack of proper nutrition expecially proteins and fibres
- stress and anxiety
- gestational diabetes
- weight control
- away from tension and stress
- avoid tobacco and its products
- follow healthy diet with fruits and green vegetables
- restrain from eating sweets
Hi, I take 2500 mg Metformin and 30 mg Glynase daily. I eat a plant based diet. My blood sugar levels are not good. Fasting sugar is 220. Please advise better medication. I don't want to start Insulin. Thanks.
I have thyroid. Since last 1 year. What should I do now. Even though I am having ayurvedik medicines.
I am 48 years old woman 4 years back I got thyroiditis since then I m taking thyronorm 50 now my reported are within normal range my tsh level is 1.60. I feel very low on energy everytime my vit. D level was 4.5 few months back I took vit d 60 k should I continue thyronorm or stop or decrease the dose please suggest.
My tsh level us 9.3 t3 and t4 is normal. But my weight is going to up and joints pain and feeling tired always. Please suggest some tips and medicine.
I am 54 years old male, diabetic, I have to urinate frequently at night, so I can't complete my sleep. Is there any solution?
I am suffering from back pain, from shoulder to waist having uric acid level as 6.2. I am 48 years old and also suffering from frozen shoulder in my left pain. What should I do now?
I am 60 years old. One and a half months before, my fasting sugar was 122. I had an accident and had to take a lot of antibiotic tabs and injections. My sugar was checked last week (After food). It was 197. Is it time for me to start taking medicine for diabetes?
After intercourse with my wife, skin at the edge of my penis, getting cracks and atleast for one week i am suffering with wound of cracks. I am diabetic for the past 14 years and taking 105 units of INSUGEN R and Lantus 44 units per day. My blood sugar levels at fasting is 204mg/dl.
When the sugar concentration in the blood increases suddenly and unreasonably, the resulting condition is known as diabetes. Sugar or glucose is generally used in order to provide much needed energy to our bodies. But when the pancreas dysfunctions, it leads to a problem in the insulin production. As a result, glucose or sugar gets directly absorbed into the blood, instead of getting absorbed by insulin. And this leads to the condition of diabetes.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans.
Sir/Madam, Iam 45 Y/M. I am suffering from anal pain and burning sensation for nearly 2 months. Iam not diabetic. Please suggest me. Thank you.
Hello doctor my self jaya khatri I am 45 year old married woman I have blood sugar problem last two years what should I do please tell me doctor.
I have high bp, sugar and thyroid. What measures should I take to prevent from all of these problems? Comment me some tips on this all.
Sir mene apni wife ka fasting blood glucose level glucometer se check karaya tha aur 96 glucose aaya blood me doctor ne bola ye normal hai sath hi bola ki meal ke baad bhi check karege to sir meri wife ko abhi bhi diabetes hai jabki doctor ne ye normal bataya hai jaldi reply de sath hi batay ki glucose meter me ye 96 ka kya matlab hai ye minimum hai ya maximum sath hi batay ki ye mmg/dl hota hai.
What should my uncle's blood sugar be when he wakes up (when he is fasting) and what should it be after he has his meals.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher levels of blood sugars in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions, and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is it does not completely go away, and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attacks, strokes, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar levels have to be managed so that there is delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha. With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks - one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
- Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
- Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
- Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels, and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies proven to be very effective against diabetes.
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
- Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
- Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
- Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
- Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed.