Lybrate.com has top trusted Integrated Medicine Specialists from across India. You will find Integrated Medicine Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Integrated Medicine Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Arun DewanYour feedback matters!
Spotting can be stated as a form of mild bleeding from the vagina. It is similar to a period, but it is much lighter and can occur in between your periods. Most women who are pregnant and are in their first trimester experience spotting. In fact, spotting is often seen as one of the early signs of pregnancy.
Spotting can happen because of any of the following reasons:
- Cysts in the uterus can cause spotting
- Though very rare, a thyroid problem can also lead to spotting
- Any infection in the cervix or uterine cancer can also cause spotting
- Lastly, hormonal imbalance can also cause spotting
What can spotting signify?
Spotting is completely normal and there is no need to be worried if it happens on account of any of the following reasons.
- Light spotting at the end of the bleeding period during the menstrual cycle is common.
- Spotting can also occur during ovulation; in fact, seeing some spots of blood when one is ovulating, is often considered as an excellent sign of fertility.
- Mild spotting can also develop after sex, especially if it is for the first time, owing to the hymen getting ruptured
- Mild spotting if one is on birth control pills is also normal.
When should you be worried?
- Spotting is an early sign of pregnancy and if you are not planning to conceive any time soon, then you must visit your gynaecologist.
- Spotting may also be a symptom of any STD, primarily Chlamydia or Gonorrhea.
- As spotting could also be indicative of cancer, it’s advisable to not delay and consult the gynaecologist immediately.
My baby age is nine years, she is suffering from ear pain ,not swelling any type, not etching, any drop or medicine who solve this problem. please tell me drop name.
I am having bipolar disorder since 10 years. Taking Lamotrigine and olanzapine+fluoxetine and clonazepam intermittently in the starting years and regularly since last 4 years. I am facing a lot of anxiety since last 6 months in the morning and throughout day. Please advice if I can switch over to escitalopram in place of olanzapine+fluoxetine for my depression and anxiety. Also advice if there is no harm if escitalopram is taken along with Lamotrigine.
I am an cardiac patient can you please tell me an healthy diet and precautions in day to day activities.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am thinking too much at times, lost my confidence and faith. I started believing I am not able to do anything in my life, not able to sleep neither having any interest in things. Talking to myself alot My exams are nearby not able to concentrate at all There is a strong fear of failure What should I do? Please suggest.
I Have habit of chewing tobacco. I wish to stop it. But I find it impossible on my own. What is the scientific reason for our body, because of which it is very difficult to stop tobacco.
I go too much for toilet before exam/interviews, this makes me nervous or feels weak, although I have prepared hard for exam. I've seen its adverse effects. What to do?
What type of food to be taken regularly after undergoing a vascular surgery for quick healing of veins?
M morning me ek baar me fresh ni ho pata. Muzko fresh hone ke liye kai bar bar jana padta hai r aisa bhi nahi haiii ki fresh ni hota haiii Thora thora fresh hota hu.
I am suffering from pain rotating in my body also known known as baa how to get away from this pain that is unusual for me please give your advice thanxx.
My urine flow pressure is slow and after urination small drops are coming. What needs to be diagnosed?
I want to reduce my breast size without any medicine. What should I do? I've noticed that my left chest is grater than my right chest. I want to reduce my left one also.
I want to reduce weight. My current weight is 80 kgs and I am looking to reduce it by 4-5 kgs. What should I do?
I am suffering from thyorid, my weight is near about 90 kgs, my latest tsh resport is 16.74, I also giving time in gym, can you advice me any natural remedy for weight loss and I am also suffering from hair loss.
Dear doctor I am suffering with headache and nose block past one month. Consulted with a doctor and she says its a sinus. What kind of remedies can be taken. Kindly advise.
It is a wish of every woman to look more youthful. It is only possible when she have clear, brighter, acne and scar free, wrinkle skin.
Now no need to worry for the improvement of above and below mentioned skin conditions.
Glycolic Peel is here to bring your smile back.
Welcome to the world of Glycolic Peel!!
Wrinkles, dull spots and acne flaws are quite recently a portion of the magnificence issues a great many people experience the ill effects. There are various medications, which can address these skin issues. Choices shift from microdermabrasion, laser reemerging to compound peels.
A better-known sort of compound peel called Glycolic peel can help uncover a smoother and more youthful looking skin. Yet, before choosing to experience this skin treatment, you should set aside opportunity to acquaint yourself with the vital subtle elements of Glycolic Peels.
What is a Glycolic Peel?
This is a gentle substance peel that utilizations glycolic corrosive as the dynamic fixing. By the term itself, the treatment peels off the harmed, wrinkled or flawed layer of the skin. By specifically applying an extraordinary equation with this dynamic substance onto your skin–commonly on the face, the top layer is evacuated to uncover a more youthful and smoother skin. The skin normally sheds the external layer slowly in around 3 to 7 days after the treatment.
Glycolic Peel, is applied to treat a number of conditions including:
- Skin Lightening
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Wrinkle Reduction
- Acne Scaring
- Actinic Keratosis
- Seborrheic Karatosis
- Aging Skin
Is Glycolic Peel for You?
Glycolic peel is a protected and viable treatment for the general population who experience the ill effects of the skin issues already specified previously. Notwithstanding, on the off chance that you consider having this treatment,
There is couple of critical things to consider:
Hazard Assessment by a specialist is key to recognize on the off chance that you are a decent contender for this treatment. You may need to unveil your past and late restorative medicines and drugs that you are taking up. Especially, the individuals who have had herpes disease are at danger of having herpetic breakouts. An antibacterial drug is endorsed for such patients.
It is likewise vital to check in the event that you have sensitivities with this substance. A cream with mellow glycolic corrosive, is encouraged to be utilized preceding the treatment.
Direction to Apply:
- Wash & remove excess grease from the skin
- Apply protective cream on Sensitive areas i.e. around eyes, lips & nose
- Apply the peel & leave it for 5-10 minutes
- Remove the peel by applying neutralizing lotion
- If inflammation occurs, rinse off immediately with plenty of cold water
- Recommended to use Sun Screen
Existing Skin Condition
Individuals with certain skin conditions, are generally prompted against Glycolic peel. Skin conditions that are not-best contender for glycolic peel are the accompanying:
- Hyper-sensitive skin or to a great degree dry skin
- Abnormal skin pigmentation
- Facial warts
- Red-head with freckled composition
- Dark appearance
- Nursing or pregnant
- Have taken Accutane in last six months
- Have psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis or rosacea.
- Have used Retin-A, Renova, prescribed skin care products, products that contain ascorbic acid, bleaching or skin-lightening agents or other acid-based products in the last 48 hours.
In the event that you have one of these, approach your specialist for your choices.
Your Post-Treatment Activities
For best outcomes, the face needs additional care after glycolic peel treatment. You ought to refrain from exercises that will deliver a great deal of sweat to abstain from disturbing your skin. You ought to likewise, avoid wearing make-ups so as not to obstruct your pores 24 hours after the treatment.
What are the outcomes after Treatment?
Try not to frenzy when your skin begins to feel and look more terrible. It is an indication that your skin is pulling up the harmed surface. Your skin will likewise begin to red and feel tight, after which dryness and scaling will take after. A sentiment mellow disturbance is normal and this may keep going for around 3 to 7 days.
The smoother and more youthful looking skin will begin to reemerge after about seven days.
Glycolic Peel Aftercare
The following are a portion of the general tips to shield your skin from bothering or disease after a Glycolic Peel treatment. Make sure to take after your specialist's suggestions.
Wash Your Face
It is essential to keep your skin spotless and free from any aggravations. No less than 24 hours after the treatment, you ought to tenderly wash your face and do this twice per day. Abstain from utilizing chemical with retinoic corrosive and skin break out items like benzoyl peroxide. Delicately pat your face with a clean delicate towel, don't rub your skin as it could bring about scarring.
At the point when your skin begins to experience the ill effects of dryness or scaling, never attempt to peel it off. This dryness is really a piece of the peeling procedure. To avert disturbance and scarring, utilize a mellow lotion. Mitigating creams and hydrating serums are a decent decision.
Maintain a strategic distance from the Sun
Glycolic peels will make your skin more delicate to the sun. To abstain from having uneven skin tone, begin utilizing an endorsed sunscreen a month prior to the system. What's more, directly after the strategy, you should keep away from sun presentation and smoking. Bear in mind to keep utilizing sunscreen day by day for assurance.
Sunscreen with SPF 20 or higher is the best decision. Your specialist will no doubt endorse a sunscreen to address your particular condition.