Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arun AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I think that I have permanent phlegm problem which disturbs me so much that I am not able to do any works because it continuously flow? Is there any yogic exercise or food or any other to get rid of this problem? Please me suggest me in full description.
I am suffering from cold from last three weeks and also suffering from cough can you tell me the treatment give some homemade ideas because I hate medicine.
I have a red rash near tonsil and a white dot, and it was paining ,its from yesterday morning, and previously I suffered from tonsil infection.
I am 23 years old and I have asthama from 6 months. What things should I prevent eating and what should I eat?
What are the symptoms of tuberculosis and what precaution shop we take so that we do not get the disease.
I was 19 yr old my weight is 78 and height is 171 I am feeling some breathe problems during cough my body rush out to breathe by mouth and on my age my weight is good or bad.
What is sinus tachycardia. Is this harmful. I had ecg and sinus tachycardia was diagnosed. I always feel anxiety dizziness and palpitations. I was very stressed at the time of ecg thats why my heart rate was 100bmp.
My 68 year old gray is suffering from asthma. What is the effect of using asthma preventer long term. I heard that using it for a year might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements for particular.
I am 65 years old I am suffering fro TB my daughter in law has a new born I would like to know will this affect the new born.
From the entire winter session I have cough stuffy nose I consulted with m.d. Allopathy give me montair lc as I have dust allergy but I can understand that am not cure still my nose, sometimes left sometimes right and hv a tight chest as I have difficulty to take breathing altime coughing and evrytime with cough there is something like type of jelly I'm very very depressed what should I do now go for allopathy in Bangalore Or go for Ayurveda Or homeopathic. Feeling sick evrytime can't concentrate in study please help me out.
Asthma, the long term inflammatory disease, affects the airways of lungs. A number of symptoms, including obstruction of air flow into the lungs, which can cause breathlessness, coughing, wheezing, allergic reactions and swelling of the tubes, points to it. The causes include genes as well as pollution in the environment which is resulting in an increasing number of cases. The diagnosis is usually done with a spirometry and the treatment is a long term process.
Women who suffer from asthma have to be especially vigilant during pregnancy as it can lead to a number of complications including less air passage to the foetus. This can result in a slow rate of development and certain anomalies in extreme cases. So how can a pregnant lady manage asthma? Here are a few tips:
- Involve Pulmologist: To begin with, the obstetrician and the pulmonologist must both be well aware of the situation. The pulmonologist must be given detailed information with regards to allergies as well as past treatment and medical history so that the treatment is done systematically to prevent an asthmatic attack and any complications to the foetus.
- Lung Function: During pregnancy, the doctor must monitor lung function carefully with monthly check ups to ensure that the right amount of oxygen is reaching the foetus. This is done because the severity of asthma changes in most women during pregnancy. A spriometry or peak flow metre can be used to measure the lung function. Also, the foetal movements must be monitored on a monthly basis, or rather, once every 28 days, to be more specific.
- Influenza: Flu is a common outcome of asthma, especially when it becomes severe during pregnancy. The onset of flu or influenza must be prevented at all costs with the help of a flu vaccine that will be effective at least for a season at a time. It is a pregnancy safe injection.
- Triggers: There are many things that may trigger an asthmatic attack or an allergic reaction that can lead to the same. Ensure that you do not suffer from these triggers by avoiding dust, pollen, tobacco smoke and varied other substances that can lead to choking and wheezing.
- Medication: One must ask the doctor about pregnancy safe inhaled corticosteroids that one can take during pregnancy if and when the need arises.
It is recommended to take medication for asthma during pregnancy only after a consultation with the doctor. Also, do not reduce the dose of the medicine unless your doctor has recommended a change.
I have cough and cold for last 3 months. It was not continues. Some times its acute sometimes moderate. Kindly help.
What is tonsils, how it can get prevented, what are the symptoms of flu and tonsils in the neck what are medicines that helps me to cure tonsils of that type in the neck, will I worry about that?
I am working in office and continues sit in chair. Then I have back problem how can I solve it. 2 DOCTORS ANSWERED I am suffering from asthma since 2010. It is very painful in winter season, November to February. Please help me. Thank you. I am suffering from asthma since 2010. It is very painful in winter season, November to February. Please help me. Thank.
Hi my son is Situs inverses totalis .And he had aspiration pneumonia on his 2nd day of birth .He was given treatment in Rainbow hospital Hyderabad. Now he is 4 months old. And his growth is normal. He caughs too much during night time and vomits frequently . His activities are quite natural .We are worried about his caught and he gets frequent cold. Please advice.
How to over come the breathing problem while running or swimming which cause damage to my mind and body.
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required.