Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arti SainiYour feedback matters!
Its been 5 days the unwanted pill has taken and there is no withdrawal bleeding. So wat does that mean? Is withdrawal bleeding necessary. Pls help.
My daughter is 8 months old pregnant, suffering from severe legs pain and suffocation. Please advise. Hb 10.0 and our doctor is simply laughing when complained.
Hello. My question is about my wife she suffering urine infection actually I'm staying away from my family because of my job. and we have sex 15 day once in a month Tell me the solution..
There are diseases which affect us in spite of us trying to keep them away as far as possible and then there are lifestyle diseases, for which we are largely to blame. It can be said that lifestyle diseases are those, which occur on account of the decisions we make and the actions we commit. Having said that, would it not be interesting to know more about lifestyle diseases?
There are various kinds of lifestyle diseases, which affect various parts of the body. For instance, if a person drinks a significant amount of alcohol, more than what he or she should, then he may soon be affected by a lifestyle disease in the form of liver cirrhosis. Apart from just the alcohol, this condition can also be caused on account of chronic hepatitis.
- Stroke: A lot of people are of the opinion that a stroke is something, which only strikes old people. However, this is not correct. In fact, there is quite a bit of trouble can be caused if this opinion is held and people allow themselves to not care enough about their health using this as justification. Statistically, up to 15% of the cases of stroke in a country such as India occur to people who have not even reached the age of 40. Surprising and scary at the same time, isn’t it?
- Kidney problems: When people think of lifestyle diseases, they most likely think of problems, which are related to the heart. While it can be said that a heart attack on account of bad lifestyle choices has the highest visibility, even parts of the body, which are rarely thought of like the kidneys, can kick up trouble in the form of nephritis. So, what exactly happens when a person has nephritis? Simply put, the kidneys swell up and this causes a lot of pain, which could have been avoided with a reasonable amount of foresight and effort. When this occurs, kidneys create trouble when they need to perform their primary function of purifying blood and complications related to the kidneys can really have a magnified impact on other parts of the body.
- Heart disease: Finally, addressing the elephant in the room, when it comes to lifestyle diseases - heart disease. Around 31% of people who die every year worldwide fall prey to it and the main culprits behind heart failures include smoking, diabetes, and very high cholesterol levels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Hi, my wife is in her 9th month of pregnancy. I want to know is it worth going for baby stem call? The cost is high and I do not have any idea about the stem cell. Is it really as useful as they say? Will I do a big mistake if I do not opt for it?
I am 24 year oldold women. My boyfriend and I had sex on 10th november. I hadam periods few days before that. We used protection but it was loose and n so we used unwanted 72 (contraceptive pill. Then we had sex on 24th november, we used protection. We checked the condom to see if it was bursted but it wasn't and now its 19th december and I am 1 week and 2 days late. We are sure about the protection that it didn't burst. Is this because of the pill but it was told to us that it will be late only for a week but now its more than that. I have been having stomach ache regularly for the past week. Pls help. Am I pregnant? Pls explain in detail. Should we be worried. Will I have my periods?
I want to know that if a male with AB -ve blood group marry a female with B+ve, the will it be problem for them in future life?
Hi. I was on OP Kit-DS (similar to ova shield I guess) tablet this month. I ovulated on CD15, had took hcg 5000iui injection the previous day. Now its CD34/ 19dpo but no periods yet. Usually my periods are 30-31 days long. Periods like cramping since 2-3 days, painful breasts since a week and milky cm since 3-4 days. What's happening will I get periods, when should I actually take hpt, will OP Kit-DS delay periods ?
Sir I am pregnant for 8 weeks. Lmp was on 22 apr and u/s was done on 18 jun. In u/s report there was not heartbeat in baby. Doctor gave me pluton 500 mg injection and told me to come after one week. How much chance is there that my baby will get heartbeat?
Due to abortion of my wife in the age of 42 I am in a very sad mood, because we have two females of 20,15 and two abortions already, No growth of fetus ,because this is unplanned baby, we were using contraceptive pills, bleeding ,acute diarrhea and age factor may be the reasons of abortion. But my mind is not ready to accept this incident what can I do to console myself, I became hyper with her these days also. Pl tell me in detail.
During sex my girlfriend feels pain till we last it. Y its is so. I had heard that pain is for small tym. Bt it does not stop till we last sex?
Is it safe to have unprotected sex immediately after my periods? Also can transfer of semen (from penis) leads to pregnancy when having sex right after periods are over?
I m a 18 years old girl and I m suffering from irregular periods. What is the reason. Behind that? Is that because of stress? Why is this not being cured by allopathy medicine?
Watery discharging from near about 1 year when I used copper T now I had removed copper T but watery discharge not stopped daily discharging in night what can I do.
When the delivery of a baby has to happen through a surgical process rather than normal child birth, the procedure is known as a Caesarean Section or a C-section. There are many reasons why one many need to go through this surgical procedure including complications during pregnancy and childbirth. One can also plan for a C-section beforehand by talking it through with a doctor who will recommend the same in case there are any complications and risks at play during the pregnancy. Read on to know more about the procedure.
Reasons: There are many reasons why a doctor may want to go in for a C-section. If the labour is not progressing properly, then a C-section may be required in order to extract the baby. This procedure may also be used in case the baby is not getting proper amount of oxygen which can put it in distress and lead to changes in the heartbeat. Also, if the baby is in an abnormal position like a breech position, then a C-section may be required. This procedure is also used when a woman is carrying twins or triplets. Other health concerns like high blood pressure and genital herpes or even HIV can lead to this procedure. Any mechanical obstruction like fibroids in the birth canal can also cause the doctor to resort to a C-section, while a patient who has delivered via C-section earlier may also be asked to do the same again.
Risks and complications: One has to remember that a C-section takes longer to recover from than normal childbirth and delivery would. Also, it does pose a few risks and complications that may arise during and after the procedure.
- Breathing issues: The babies who are born via C-section are more susceptible to a condition known transient tachypnea which is a breathing problem characterised by an abnormally fast rate of breathing in and out. Also, other respiratory distress syndromes may take over subsequently.
- Surgical injuries: The doctor may accidentally nick the baby’s skin during the surgical process which involves the use of sharp instruments for making the incision.
- Inflammation risk: The uterus may undergo inflammation which may also lead to endometriosis as well as infections of the membrane which can cause fever and foul smelling vaginal discharge. The wound may also get infected.
- Bleeding: While some amount of bleeding is normal, this procedure can also lead to excessive bleeding in which case immediate medical intervention may be required. Also, the patient may suffer from blood clots inside the veins of the pelvic organs. These clots may also travel to the lungs and cause further complications.