Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arti MittalYour feedback matters!
Over-the -counter drugs are not for all even if the problem is common, as there are certain conditions which hinder the proper functioning of the medicine in a person. Thus, before popping a pill we should always consult a trained practitioner. Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation are some of the health and sex related problems that can lead to the use of Viagra. This drug was released at the end of the 90s, and it seeks to help people who primarily suffer from impotence. These problems can be caused due to psychological problems like stress and anxiety, as well as other physical reasons including heart disease, diabetes,high blood pressure and other such chronic ailments. Yet there are many instances where this drug does not work. Let us find out more about the causes for the same.
- Heart Conditions: To begin with, Viagra cannot be ingested by anyone and everyone. If you are a patient of any kind of cardiovascular diseases and have been prescribed drugs that contain nitrate, then Viagra is not for you. This drug can hinder the work of the medicine and cause some serious side effects, which may make your chronic ailment even more problematic and severe.
- Side Effects: Viagra tends to have a lot of side effects for people and does not work efficiently in such cases. One of the most prominent side effects includes prolonged and persistent headache or change in blood pressure which can be serious. Also, the patients may suffer from temporary colour blindness and may not be able to tell colours like yellow and orange apart.
- Narrowing or blockades of Blood Vessels: When a man gets an erection, the blood usually flows at a rapid rate into the penis so that the Penis increases in terms of size, thickness and length, with subtle changes in the colour as well. This happens through the blood vessels where the blood flows in from. These are known as in and out vessels. If these vessels happen to be too narrow or block for a patient, then the erection will not be able manifest. This is also one of the primary reasons why Viagra does not work for some people.
- Arteries: One of the other reasons why Viagra may not work is the arteries. If the arteries are too narrow or blocked then they will not be able to support the flow of blood for the erection to happen. This can cause problems in achieving and maintaining an erection, in which case Viagra cannot work properly.
- Drug Intolerance: The primary work of Viagra is to help the blood vessels in relaxing. Yet, it is possible that the patient may develop some amount of intolerance towards the drug that will end up restricting its action.
There are many instances when a drug like Viagra may not work. In such cases, you can turn to long term therapy or ask your doctor about any alternative medication for the condition. Remember drugs like Viagra cannot bring in an erection. It justhelps to enhance the flow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Dear doctor my last period was on January 17th. Actually mu periods are not in regular. Doctor prescribed me norethsterone tablet from 8th February ( 23rd day of cycle). But i had pain on abdomen from yesterday and i have not get periods yet now. Please give me answer of my problem
M having irregular periods from last 3-4 years I had taken krimson 35 for 2 years n after that I stopped taking medication. I have facing acne problem as well as hairutism. Wht CN I do to regulate my cycles.
There are many reasons leading to infertility, but one of the main causes is the inability of the sperm to travel all the way up to the uterus to fertilize an egg. This is caused by defective sperms and could be due to poor sperm quality, poor motility, etc. There are multiple reasons for this, and even smoking, obesity, diabetes, hypertension, etc. could be reasons.
Many technical advancements in fertility treatments are being done, and they try to keep the natural process of fertilization intact, at the same time improving the chances of success. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI, often used as a standalone term iksee) improves the rate of fertilization in that the sperm is directly injected into the egg. The environment of this artificial fertilization is completely controlled, and the fertilized egg is then placed into the womb for further growth. It is one of the recent methods of improving fertility, a part of ART (assisted reproductive technology).
Poor sperm perms motility
Semen where sperm concentration is low
Male infertility with unidentifiable cause
Poor sperm quality, with sluggish sperms
Ejaculation issues, such as retrograde ejaculation (semen is ejected into the bladder)
Useful in couples who have failed IVF.
What to expect?
The following outlines some of the steps for both male and female before and during the procedure.
Before the procedure - males:
First step is the sperm collection; a screening is first done
Sperms collection happens through either masturbation or directly from the testicles via a small incision
Sperms could be collected fresh or collected and frozen for later use
Before the procedure – women:
In the normal menstrual cycle, only a single egg is released. However, prior to ICSI, the woman is given ovulation drugs, which are high-dose hormone injections prior to ovulation. This ensures multiple eggs are released, which are then retrieved for fertilization in the external environment.
Blood and urine are monitored regularly to identify the ovulation time, and eggs are collected within 24 to 36 hours of release
During the procedure - How ICSI happens:
A healthy egg is chosen and placed in a glass tube, and a sperm is introduced to ensure fertilization
This could be repeated in multiple tubes, and the most healthy one could be chosen to be implanted into the uterus
Some of the fertilized ones could be frozen for later use, in case the implanted embryo fails to grow as expected
The success rate for this procedure is quite high as the fertilization rate is almost 80 - 85 %
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I want to do sex with my girl friend can I know when it is safe to do sex for girls that avoid pregnancy.
I'm about to have my first IUI (Intrauterine insemination) on coming Monday. Doctor has advised me to get done under short general anaesthesia. I'm very scared. Does GA has any side effects? I have one mature follicle in my left ovary. Will my treatment succeed? Will I feel any pain during d procedure under GA?
Periods came on 18th July. Ivf. Embryo transfer is on 7 august. Symptoms that periods will come again. M on progynova and osetogen gel. Help that these stops periods.
Hi, my menses held on 3rd April and we had sex in morning of 12 April. I have taken i-pill in evening of 13 April. Though I missed my period in May. Later when checked on 7 may with pregnancy kit. It showed positive. I just wanted to know what precaution we would have taken to avoid pregnancy. Why I got pregnant though have taken i-pill. Which time we can have open sex to avoid pregnancy.
For me toilet place blood came with pain. For 2 days. Why it's coming. Anything it's serious. What solution for this. At same time my urine also going yellowish.
I am experiencing irregular periods. Usually I had bleeding for 5 days and very mild and bearable pain. Bleeding was more during the 2nd 3rd and 4th day. Done. Over But since two cycles it continues till 7 days accompanied by severe pain in lower abdominal region and feeling of vomiting and loo but doesn't happen and make me feel worsen. I am having change in my daily schedule because of exams (no stress) and bit irregular food habits. I was even having regular safe sex few weeks ago for 2 weeks. What should I do?
Hi I am 29 years old and married for last 3 years. I have thyroid and pcod. Initially had a irregular cycle and not with medicine cycle is regular. I had undergone scanning many times to see when I am ovaluting but I am not releasing any egg. No children yet and looking for it.
I have pcod problem for 4 years. I have taken ocp for first 6 months. Still I am not cured of this. Please tell me a way to proceed further.
I am 26 year old female am having thyroid problem and 3 months back I got abortion of 3 month again I able to conceive pregnancy or not?
Why I am not getting pregnant? I have 10.3 gm/dL haemoglobin. Earlier suffering from burning during urinating (cystitis as per Doctor) pus cell 5-6/HPF, but nothing came in urine c&s. What should I do. Any further test to be done. Married for 1.5 yrs. Haemoglobin effect pregnancy?
I am 22 years old girl. I am suffering from pcos, thyroid, hair loss in scalp like hair thining. My weight is 85kg. I used to follow diet and exercise but my weight is not reducing. So please help me how to overcome it.
I had done sex on 11th and I had taken I pill that day. After taking the pill I got periods after half an hour. Then after that I had done sex on 22nd and that day also unfortunately I had to take pill because of leakage of condom. So it is harmful and will my periods be delayed. Or are there any chances of getting pregnant. Or periods will be prior to my date.
Nutrition for you will never be as important to you as it is during pregnancy, because while eating you have to think not only about you, but also the development of your unborn child. However, merely eating is not enough you have to eat right. Here is your guide of what to eat and what to avoid, during pregnancy, so that your child gets the best nutrition.
Things to eat:
- Whole grains: Whole grains, which can be found in food items like cereals, whole-wheat breads and pastas, are rich in folic acid, iron and fibers. Make sure you incorporate ample amount of whole grains in your diet to remain healthy during pregnancy.
- Beans: Beans are extremely nutritious for pregnant women, as they contain protein, fiber, iron, folate, zinc and calcium, which are much needed for the development of a healthy baby.
- Fish: Incorporate enough fish in your diet because they contain healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon, for example, is exceptionally good for health since it contains less mercury than other fish.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich in protein, and is also a good source of other nutrients like amino acids, vitamins and minerals, including choline which is crucial for the baby's brain development.
- Berries: Berries contain vitamin C, calcium, folate and fiber, which is important to your diet, besides being a delicious addition to your meal.
- Low fat yogurt: Sweetened yogurt is extremely bad for your health, but a cup of plain, low fat yogurt contains copious amount of calcium and is also a good source of proteins.
Things to avoid:
- Soft cheese: Soft cheese, like feta, blue cheese, brie, etc. are made of unpasteurized milk, which contain listeria bacteria which might be fatal for you and your child. Hence, they are best to avoid.
- Undercooked or raw food: Raw meat may contain toxoplasma and other bacteria. Raw eggs in sauces like mayonnaise, uncooked dough, desserts like tiramisu and salad dressings are also harmful for you. Fish in sushis or self caught fish may also contain harmful bacteria and parasites or chemicals released from nearby factories. Do ensure that your meat and fish are thoroughly cooked while dining out as well.
- Unpasteurized juices: There is always a risk of juices, which are squeezed and unpasteurized, being contaminated with E-coli or salmonella, which can be very harmful for you.
- Pre-dressed poultry: Poultry that has been dressed and stuffed at the market often run the risk of being contaminated by the juices of slaughtered poultry, proving to be best breeding grounds for bacteria.
- Unwashed fruits and vegetables: Toxoplasma can breed on unwashed raw foods, which also cause harm to your health, mainly in the prenatal period.
- Alcohol, coffee and unpasteurized milk: These beverages have been deemed unsafe for pregnant ladies since they can cause severe health damages. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.