Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arti MittalYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm 25 year old, Recently married. My periods are a week and a half late .Also have nausea, cravings,back pain, cramps.Took a pregnancy home test but the result was negative. Am I pregnant or not?
Hi, We do not want any family planning now. So what is the best option for contraceptive tablets. What about the one tablet in a month. Bcoz daily tablets is not possible to remember. Kindly suggest the best tablets and its pros and con.
I have pcod last 6 months back after using NW my scan shows no pcod nd I had miscarriage in Feb 2017 then my periods are regular two months. Thz month my period is early one day by lightly bleeding nd there is any chance of getting pregnancy ?or there is any chances of coming again pcod thats y I'm bleeding lightly? Hw can I get pregnant nd I'm using folic acid tablets please suggest me.
Hello doctor, i' m 29 yrs. Old woman. I wish to go for health checkup. Please let me know which tests are there to be under gone. I do not have any health problem. Just want to ge for complete health checkup. Kindly revert asap.
Sweating during warm weather is very common, but if a person wakes up from bed soaked in sweat, it is not a pleasant feeling. It does not allow for a sound sleep, and may not always be related to warm weather.
There is no serious underlying medical issue, but it is always advisable to consult a doctor to get this corrected. The following are some common reasons that could lead to night sweats.
- Menopause: The hot flashes that are so popularly associated with menopause is one of the main reasons for night sweats. The presenting factors (woman, age, and other symptoms) should help arrive at this diagnosis. Hormonal levels can be checked to confirm if required. Even puberty and pregnancy can cause night sweats, due to hormonal level alterations.
- Infections: Most infections present with fever and night sweats are very common. Tuberculosis, osteomyelitis, endocarditis, influenza and even HIV can cause night sweats and hamper a person’s sleep. Most infections cause an increase in temperature, which is worse at night.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: The walls of the windpipe get narrowed, and the person might have short periods where the breathing just stops. These people are three times more likely to develop night sweats.
- Hypoglycemia: One of the most common symptoms of low blood sugar is night sweat. When the sugar drop happens during the time the person is sleeping, it is very common for the person to wake up soaked in sweat.
- Cancer: For some cancers, night sweats are one of the first warning signs. These cancers include lymphoma, and presence of symptoms like unexplained weight loss, fatigue, etc. should be addressed to rule out the possibility of cancer.
- Side effect of medications: Antidepressants, psychiatric drugs, anti-pyretic drugs, anti-virals, steroids, anti-diabetic medications, hormones, etc. can lead to night sweats. Suspected cases of night sweats should have their medications reviewed to see if any drug is causing the night sweats.
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease: GERD, as it is popularly known, can cause night sweats in addition to heartburn. They would also have other symptoms of indigestion, which will help in identifying the problem.
- Neurologic disorders: Stroke, neuropathy and anxiety disorders can cause night sweats and would require psychotherapy in addition to medications.
- Idiopathic: And despite all these possible reasons, if there is no identifiable reason, it is known as idiopathic hyperhidrosis (increased sweating). The person produces too much sweat without any known underlying cause and can even wake up at night soaked in sweat.
Management: Identifying the underlying cause is the first step in treatment. It may require hormonal corrections, changing or withdrawing the causative medications, treating associated conditions, etc., as the case may be.
I am 25 years old, My weight is 95 kg and I am 18 weeks pregnant and I will follow regular walking and exercise but no improvement how to manage my weight and safe pregnancy.
Sir I got pregnancy test at home.And it shows one Pink line it means negative.But I can't understand I am not pregnant but why my periods getting late?
I am overweight, but happy news is I loss my weight from 85 kg to 82 - 83 kg.(in one month) I am not gym person. I go for walk, jogging, squatting all summed up in 30 mins session. Doctor, last month I missed my period too. Doc prescribed me medroxyprogesterone acetate. And I get my periods back. She advised me for weight reduction. Pls tell me about different ideas about boosting the weight reduction programme. Thanks.
Hi doctor! I'm 32 weeks pregnant women. I'm suffering frm Sharp pain behind my right ear fr past 2 days. Pain sometimes spread all over head. Since I'm pregnant I can't take tablet. Pls suggest me some home remedies and Sleeping position for tis neck pain.
I am 27 and trying to conceive from last 5 months but from 5 months my cycle is irregular more than 35 days my last period come on 6th july and ends on 10th July and at18 July bleeding occur which is light than menstrual bleeding and ends on 21st July we are going for sex in every 2 to 3 days. On 6 Aug take a pregnancy test which is negative then I am taking meprate tab 10 mg for 5 days. But my periods don't come till. So what can I do. Am I pregnant?
Since 2 years I am getting periods late. Than normal expected date even it comes as late as 20 days after the expected date can you please help me to get the periods regular I am very much worried always if I am pregnant .but my premenstrualsigns start before 10 of expected date and ends after my period starts .it is very painful in legs and my back.
Hormonal changes in women increase sensitivity and may also lead to the occurrence of gingivitis.
I am 27 weeks pregnant recently before 15 days diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Gct got 154 after two hours, after 15 days done with blood sugar test fasting is 88 and after breakfast it's 144. My dctr prescribed glycomet Sr daily before breakfast to take. My question is can I control it with out tablet .now I hv not started taking glycomet .is it safe to use glycomet in pregnancy, can I try for some more days to control with out tablet or will it effect foetus.
The problem with the commercialized ketchup available in all market is that even though they may be addictive, they often contain high-fructose corn syrup, cane sugar, brown rice syrup, cane crystals and tomato concentrates in place of naturally produced tomatoes. As a result, they bring about a host of health problems which propels one to prepare home-made tomato chutney easily with a handful of ingredients.
The simple home-made tomato chutney can also be consumed as ketchup, and it is quite easy to prepare as well. A different recipe that needs garlic, ginger along with some dry red chilies or chili flakes, the recipe is healthy as well. The red chilies add a gentle touch of hotness as well as smokiness which you will feel while cooking. The chutney can be a good option to be used as an accompaniment with snacks or other foods.
Ingredients For The Homemade Tomato Chutney
Qty - 2.5 Kgs of chutney
- Tomatoes - 2.5 Kg
- Garlic - 5 grams
- Ginger - Quarter inch
- Red chilly - 5 to 7 dried deseeded and cut into half
- Raisins - 1/2 cup
- Apple cider vinegar - 1/2 cup
- Rock salt - 1 Tbsp
- Sodium Benzoate - 1 tsp dissolved in warm water
- Stevia - Sugar replacer
Step 1: Rinse the tomatoes and raisins well in water and chop the tomatoes in roughly sliced pieces.
Step 2: Now peel the ginger, garlic and chop them also you will have to cut the chilies in halves and deseed them
Step 3: Take all the chopped tomatoes in a 5 liter pressure cooker and add garlic, ginger, red chilies, vinegar, raisins, salt, and sugar or stevia.
Step 4: Keep the flame low and start mixing them and as the tomatoes start to soften, you should switch off the gas. Allow the mixture to cool down and blend it well into a smooth puree.
Step 5: Strain the mixture into a large saucepan or pot. Your last step is to stir and dissolve the sodium benzoate in a cup of hot water and add it directly to your chutney.
The home-made tomato chutney is ready, refrigerate and use
Why use stevia in place of sugar
Stevia is a natural element which is not just super sweet, but has no calories with a zero glycemic index. It is a great sweetener and is available in the woods of Brazil and Paraguay. You will be surprised to know that the leaves of this plant are about 300 times sweeter than sugar. Consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist in case of any query.