Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arti Maaria
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arti MaariaYour feedback matters!
She is 1 years and 2 month. No medical history. She had high grade fever and mild congested lungs for 2wks. They gave paracetamol sup and nebulizer tid. She became sick with chest distress. Admitted in hospital 3 days diagnosed as mild pneumonia and? Foreign body in lung. They kept her in icu with antibiotics iv and asthma medications. Oxygen saturation fluctuated from 80s% to 100%. They transfered her to tertiary hospital for bronchoscopy. Then she became so sick when reached that hospital and they did intubation immediately with ventilator and send for urgent bronchoscopy. They didn't find foreign body. The infection increased became severe pneumonia. After 2 days both lungs collapse. They applied ecmo for 7 days but it happened complications. The Bleeding increased. The kept her on rbc and fbb transfusion. After that the removed ecmo. Now she is on ventilator and icd applied because pneumothorax happened 5 times in both lungs. She is now one month on ventilator and I've antibiotics. But her condition deteriorating to worse. Every day infection increased. Now also she got adenovirus. Please what we can do for her? Because her condition become worse?
My baby boy is 3 month old and not responding to see object and sound. So Dr. suggested for EEG. Result showing generalized epileptiform abnormality with posterior emphasis (modified hypsarrthymia.).
My son is 10 months old. Now, he got a problem like, one of his testis is not in the scrotum. When we scan it, it was given in the report as the left side of the testis is present in the left side external inguinal ring measuring 15 * 6mm. So whether operation is the only solution for him? Or we can wait for few more years for this problem? Kindly suggest me a solution for this issue. We are really worried.
Body dysmorphic disorder is a type of psychiatric disorder. It is when you cannot think about one or more defects or flaws in your appearance. These flaws are usually very minor and sometimes even unnoticeable. This is actually a much more serious disorder than many other people may think. This is because people with body dysmorphic disease may avoid many situations and also suffer from severe anxiety or shame. Here is everything you need to know about body dysmorphic disease.
Just like other psychiatric disorders, there is no known cause of body dysmorphic disease. However, there are a lot of factors, which increases your risk of developing it which include:
- Brain disorders: Many people with abnormal brain chemistry disorders suffer from body dysmorphic disease.
- Genes: People whose blood relatives have this disease or have obsessive compulsive disorder are more likely to develop this disorder as well.
- Environment: Cultural and social influences are a major cause of body dysmorphic disorder as well.
There are, however a lot of symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder, most of which are psychological in nature. They include:
- Having a preoccupation with a flaw in the body, which is very minor or perhaps even unnoticeable.
- Beliefs that people are mocking you in relation to your flaw.
- Being a perfectionist
It is also worth noting that this obsession can affect any part of the body and can also include several parts of the body or different parts of the body at different times. Here are the possible treatments of body dysmorphic disorder.
There are a variety of treatments, which a patient can opt for and a variety of methods of curing the problem. Here are the most common.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is when a therapist tries to stop you from thinking about the flaw that you have been focusing on way too much.
- SSRI: SSRI stands for Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors. They are given in cases, where body dysmorphic disorder is caused by problems related to the brain chemical serotonin.
- Hospitalization: This is a severe measure, but may need to be taken if you are in danger of harming somebody or you cannot perform daily activities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.