Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arti GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have mouth ulcer since 6 months. What should I do? And I also have low blood pressure what prevention I should take?
I am 68 years of age. I am having 5 orginal tooth in the upper row and 6 tooth in the lower row and managing with false tooth. If I get transplantation of all the tooth can I eat the way I used to eat when I had all the original tooth,
My teeth are little yellowish in colour which toothpaste or mouthwash do I have to use to get rid of that?
Occasional teeth clenching is fairly common disorder among adults and children throughout the world. But if the teeth grinding occurs repeatedly, it can cause significant damage to your teeth or gums (with chances of potential tooth loss) and overall dental hygiene. Furthermore, recurrent episodes of bruxism might cause other serious complications such as severe headaches, facial pain or disorders in the temporomandibular joints (located in the forepart of the ear).
According to recent studies, 15-33% of children tend to grind their teeth while they develop their first few pairs and generally stop with the gradual development of adult teeth. In adults, this disorder might occur as an involuntary response, completely unbeknownst to the concerned individual.
The most likely causes of bruxism are as follows:
According to the doctors, in 70% of the adults, repressed stress or anxiety might result in teeth grinding while you are sleeping.
Bruxism might also occur as a result of excessive consumption of alcohol, caffeine, sleeping pills, tobacco, and selected anti-depressants.
Bruxism might also occur due to depression and the sheer competitive nature in certain individuals.
Bruxism might also occur due to a serious disorder such as Parkinson ’s disease.
Bruxism might also occur as an axillary of other sleep related disorders such as excessive snoring, sleep apnoea, etc.
If you have an irregular structural alignment among the upper and lower sets of teeth, Bruxism is more likely to occur.
In children, Bruxism might occur as a response from to pain in the ear or tooth.
The following treatments can be implemented to treat permanent instances of bruxism:
If it is caused by severe stress and anxiety, stress management therapies can be very useful to prevent Bruxism.
If you have a habit of grinding your teeth while you are asleep, you can consult your doctor to provide you with mouth guards.
Regulated consumption of alcohol, tobacco might help prevent Bruxism if it is caused by a side effect of either one of them. Likewise, if the disorder occurs due to a side effect of antidepressants or any other psychiatric medications, you must consult your doctor to change the particular medication.
You can also opt for Dental correction procedures like night guard if the reason of the disorder is the misalignment of the upper and lower teeth or other related dental complications. A custom fit night guard will not only safeguard your comfort, but improve the quality of your smile as well.
Although medications are not common, muscle relaxants (for a certain period of time) or Botox injections are prescribed by doctors when the patient does not respond to other forms of treatments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
What is the permanent cure for peridontis. I've few loose teeth and the dentist I approached did flap surgery. Situation was fine for two years and after that they started moving again.
I am a 32 years old professional. I have bad breath since last year. When I take medicines, there is no problem. Soon I stop the tablets, the problem appears again. Please help.
Whenever I eat something cold or hot I can feel something in my teeth with a bit pain. so, what should I do?
I hav a bad habit of chewing tobacco but because of this my teeth are getting red I want remove the red marks from my teeth.
Bad breath is a condition that usually results from poor oral health or digestive problems. Bad breath may also cause social awkwardness and self-esteem issues. The practitioner first carries out a diagnosis to detect the symptoms and prescribes a remedy accordingly.
The various causes of bad breath are:
- Irregular brushing habits
- Tobacco consumption
- Consuming certain foods like onion and garlic may result in a foul smell
- Yeast infections in the mouth
- Dry mouth where saliva production is minimal
- Illnesses such as kidney problems may cause bad breath
Homeopathy focuses on providing a holistic treatment rather than a symptom based treatment.
The various homeopathic remedies for bad breath are:
- Pulsatilla: If you have bad breath along with dry mouth, Pulsatilla can be an effective remedy. Pulsatilla is a very effective treatment for getting rid of bad breath along with dry mouth.
- Merc sol: It is very effective in treating bad breath along with increased production of saliva. If your salivary glands are overactive and have a moist mouth, then this remedy is recommended. It is also useful in getting rid of bad breath that occurs from dental cavities.
- Carbo veg: If the bad breath results from infections, such as gingivitis and gum bleeding, then you may use this remedy. It is also used in the treatment of pus discharge from the gums.
- Carbolic acid: Carbolic acid is used to treat bad breath along with constipation. The symptoms are bloated abdomen, abdominal cramps and nausea.
- Kreosote: This remedy is recommended for bad breath that results from dental caries. It may lead to bleeding from your gums due to teeth decay.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is a treatment that is recommended for bad breath that results from a throat infection. The throat infection may be accompanied by symptoms of fever.
- Nux vomica: Nux vomica is used for treating symptoms of bad breath along with cold. This also relieves symptoms of indigestion and constipation.