Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arpita Mukherjee
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Arpita MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
My mother has a pain in the right leg since last one month. And it is like a neurons pain. And doctor have prescribed the neugaba m-75. So is this helpful in removing pain? And last thing is that the pain is very high. Please Give some method to get relief from that. And one more important thing she is diabetic patient. Sir please give some suggested medicines also?
I am 49 years old and I am suffering from spondlysis back pain since 10years it causes sever backpain, muscle pains is their any remedy without any side effects and surgery.
I am suffering from back pain. I find difficulty to stand up after sitting long on floor. What should I do?
My grandfather is suffering from knees pain. Doctor asked to replace knee with new one. Please guide.
I met with an accident around 3-4 years ago and got an injury in my right leg on knee and got plastered. 4 years passed and now i'm getting pain in it what should I do?
What are the symptoms of thyroid? My mom is getting burning sensation under the feet. Her sugar level is 157. It was tested after 2 hours having a meal. Her age is 43 years. She had undergone for hysterectomy 3 months back. From then she is getting sudden sweating for few minutes and then this burning sensation started. What could be the reason? Please help me.
The human hand has multiple bones, tendons, ligaments and muscles which in unison help us to grip things and manipulate other objects to do our work. Within the wrist lies a narrow passageway on the palm side which houses the main nerve for movement of the nine tendons. These tendons help us to move our fingers individually and grip things or accomplish any task we want with our hands.
What is Carpal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where this nerve gets pinched due to a variety of factors and may have adverse effects. Some of the symptoms include tingling, numbness and pain with movements of the arm.
Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
The nerve within the wrist which is known as the median nerve can be pinched due to a variety of factors:
- Movements where the wrists are always higher and in an angle: Repetitive movements of the wrists where the hands are always at a lower angle, can increase the chances of carpal tunnel syndrome. This is usually a workplace related problem and thus be caused by bad hand posture.
- Medical Conditions: There are certain medical conditions that may also trigger the onset of carpal tunnel syndrome such as diabetes, thyroid, menopause and other problems.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy has also known to cause carpal tunnel disorder as it can alter the balance of fluids within your body. However, other factors could also put your fluids in imbalance and cause problems with the median nerve.
- Conditions that may cause inflammation: Certain conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis can cause the inflammation within the joints which might lead to the median nerve being pinched which in turn might lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.
Some Preventive Measures from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
- Breaks from repetitive work: It is important for your wrists to have a break when you are doing repetitive tasks that might cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Relax and stretch your muscles within the break time
- Wear wrist splints: These are support devices which can help correct problems for repetitive actions throughout the day while you are sleeping.
- Take pain reliever if you start having chronic pains: If your wrist pain is not letting you functions normally, take a pain reliever such as ibuprofen or aspirin and go to a doctor as soon as possible for a more thorough treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopaedist.