Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arpita Mukherjee
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Arpita MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
My wife I has pain in wrist, back pain ,its there when she pushes herself down to pick up something ,frequently bow down ,no pain in walking and sitting, want expert advice and advance treatment require regards 9819032846.
Few days back I hav back pain so I decided to checkup and after my blood test and urine test I found out that there is a something wrong in my urine. I, e calcium oxalate crystals so to know more about disorder I went for sonography but it was normal according to the report. And doctor advice me to only drink more water. So my question: Ll it be ok if I only drink water What causes dis disorder Does it increase in future.
I had surgery on my Right near ankle, Plant (Rod) kept from knee to ankle. I was keep on getting the pain in surrounding of ankle, when I checked with multiple hospital they confirmed nail hitting in ankle (migration nail) due to surgery failure. It is because of Dr. carelessness in surgery or due to some other reason. Unfortunately I can not undergo another surgery for 2 months due to personal reason. What is the best solution, how to overcome this.
I am a maxillofacial surgeon, I wish to highlight few points in regard of temporomandibular joint dysfunction or else called as jaw joint pain.
1) joint pain takes time to relieve, it goes slowly.
2) soft diet is must.
3) splints should be worn all day except while eating, it's thickness vary according to severity of tmj problem and it should be decided by your dentist.
5) moist heat fomentation helps a lot.
Any other query, I am happy to help.
Hi, I have serious pain in the heel of the leg and it is due to getting hit by a rod hardly.Please suggest me something for that
I am 30 years old and have back pain last three months. I am taking pain relief tablet but does not effect. Solve the problem.
SITTING FOR PROLONGED PERIODS
- Most people sitting for prolonged periods will eventually adopt a poor posture. 'When we sit in a certain position for a few minutes,the muscles that support our low back become tired and relax. Our body sags, and this results in the slouched sitting posture.
- If we maintain a slouched sitting posture for long enough, it will cause overstretching of ligaments. Thus pain will arise when we have been sitting in certain positions for prolonged periods. Once the slouched sitting posture has become a habit and is maintained most of the time, it may also cause distortion of the discs contained in the vertebral joints. Once this occurs, movements as well as positions will produce pain.
- It follows that people with sedentary office jobs easily develop low back problems as they often sit with a rounded back for hours on end. If you are a sedentary worker, you may go through the following stages of gradually increasing back problems unless you take steps to rectify the cause. At first you may only experience some discomfort in the low back while sitting for a prolonged period of time, or on arising from sitting. In this case the pain is caused by overstretching of soft tissues, and it takes a few seconds for these tissues to recover. The pain at this stage is short lived.
- At a later stage you will find that on standing up you have increased pain, and must walk carefully for a short distance before you can straighten up fully. Now it is likely that some distortion has occurred in one of the lumbar discs: prolonged sitting has led to minor distortion of the affected disc, which needs a few minutes to recover.
- Eventually you may reach the stage when you frequently experience acute or agonising pain on standing and are unable to straighten up at all. In this case there is a major distortion in the affected disc, which cannot regain its normal shape quickly enough to allow pain free movement. Whenever a movement is attempted, the disc bulge increases the strain on the already overstretched surrounding tissues. In addition, the disc bulge may pinch the sciatic nerve,which may lead to pain and other symptoms in the leg.