Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arpita Mehta
Submit a review for Dr. Arpita MehtaYour feedback matters!
Sunlight plays a significant role in enhancing the sex hormones in human blood. Sunlight has a direct impact on brain’s serotonin production, which promotes sexual activity. It aids sexual development, improved fertility, increased arousal, heightened libido, enhanced sensations.
The Sunshine Vitamin (Vitamin D):
About 80% of Vitamin D, a steroid hormone is produced in our skin due to sunlight exposure, the ultraviolet-B (UVB) exposure to be precise. Vitamin D deficiency results in low sex drive in both men and women.
Sunlight exposure stimulates man’s libido by enhancing testosterone levels in the body.
Vitamin D deficiency causes low estrogen levels in women. A hormone regulated by the photosensitive pineal gland, LH (luteinizing hormone), is responsible for ovulation. Inadequacy of this hormone can hamper fertility. The sun exposure also reduces the level of melatonin hormone which curbs fertility.It’s not surprising that there are higher chances to conceive during summer.
Too much exposure to the Sun in our climatic conditions can be harmful.
I am suffering from severe back pain due to the laparoscopy done to me to clear the cyst formed on the right ovary. This is my old health issue now a days I am also suffering with heart palpitations and breathing problem. I have done checkups both chest X Ray and ECG reports were found with no abnormalities. My doctor suggested me with multivitamins Minerals capsules I am using right now. I want to know what tests to undergo for the back pain and reasons for palpitations and difficulty in breathing.
After cesarean where the baby didn't survive, what would be the minimum period to go for another baby.
I have done unprotected physical relation with my boyfriend on my 8th day from MC started. Then I took pill (unwanted 72) .Now on 15th day of MC I bleed and also bleed today (16 th day of MC) .I am feeling same pain when I feel in periods. What is this problem? Am I getting my periods very early? Is it matter of concern? please help me.
My wife is pregnant 13 weeks as of now all reports ok but evening time she feel sick and all day vomiting. Pls suggest wat I am do.
I am in a pregnancy treatment for 4 months. I have taken medicines like folic acid, evatone ,siphene, and conseval. previous month I hav done a hysteroscopy. Hysteroscopy findings are:- Uterus adherent to right pelvic wall. My right tubes and right ovary was not visualized. Left tubes and ovary visualized. Left tube appeared unhealthy endometrial spots seen in POD. Same electrofulgurated. Chromopertubation done. Slow fill and spill seen on left side. Irrigation done. Ports removed under vision. If it possible for me to get pregnant without higher treatments like ivf .what should I do next. please give me a suggestion.
Your metabolism is not the same in the evening as it was in the morning because you are not as active at night. The level of activity decreases as the day progresses, as does your metabolism. If you must stray from your healthy eating plan, eat more in the first half of the day, during lunch and brunch.
Depression is definitely something to do with the mind. However, it is important to realize that the brain does not work independently on its own. It still requires the energy that is supplied from the food that is consumed. It is also well known that most reactions in the brain are chemical reactions, be it happiness or sadness. The food that is consumed definitely has chemicals identified which can make the brain act in different ways. So, if the brain is feeling depressed, there are definitely some foods which can change that.
If you are someone who is feeling the blues and do not want to take a pill, try these happy foods which can definitely produce a change.
- Tomatoes: Bright red tomatoes look so good, they make you feel happy. However, they also contain lycopene, which is a phytonutrient that fights inflammation. Stress leads to constant inflammation in the body, and lycopene fights that. The smaller the tomato, the more benefit you have. The maximum benefit is from the skin, and so smaller ones are more useful with their better skin-to-fruit ratio.
- Bananas: Serotonin is one of the happy chemicals (neurotransmitter) that enhances mood. Bananas contain tryptophan which gets converted to serotonin in the body. No wonder that eating a banana makes one feel happy and carefree. If you have not observed, do so next time you eat a banana!
- Nuts: Some nuts can make you go nuts with laughter as they are rich in protein, a perfect snack, and refrain you from snacking on fried foods. What is lesser known is that they contain Omega-3 fatty acids which are proven to beat depression clinically. Vitamin E in them helps fight stress and inflammation, making it more beneficial.
- Oregno: This herb is full of health benefits. It contains caffeic acid and quercitin and rosmarinic acid, which are all proven to fight anxiety, fatigue, and sadness. What makes it more attractive is that is easy to grow, even in a pot on the kitchen window. Add it to your veggies and see your mood brighten up!!
- Chocolates: While biting into a chocolate leaves you grinning, there is a scientific reason for it. The bitter ones, especially, cause release of serotonin and anadamine, which make you feel happy and light. The darker the chocolate, more the happiness.
- Sweet potatoes: They are laden with carbohydrate and tryptophan, which as noted earlier helps fight depression. It also contains vitamin B6, a proven natural anti-depressant. Their rich content of magnesium and potassium also reduces stress.
Before reaching out for a pill to beat the blue, try these colorful food substances and see yourself feeling better and happy!