Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I have my first IUI done and I got pregnant. Now I am in 14th week pregnant. I am working woman ,I need to travel 45 km up and down to office. My doctor suggested avoid travelling since it IUI pregnancy. Is IUI pregnancy should be more careful than normal pregnancy. Please suggest me on my travel.
I am 30 years female and gave birth to a baby girl few days back. But in the early stage what precautions should I take to build a healthier growth of my baby. Please suggest.
Doctor, How many days after D&C do period come again? I was one and half month pregnant & had my miscarriage on 19 June and D & C has done on 21 June. One months has completed but still my period hasn't come yet. How much time will it take to come again. What should I do to make my period normal again.
What is best contraceptive for a man or a woman after having 5 children as and still having option of conciving if needed in future and to make it complicated man does not want to use condoms anyway. What treatment should be given to either one of them without disturbing their normal married life. Thanks. I am from kolkata and one of friend from a Muslim community asked me this question I am myself a pharmacist and having retail pharmacy in kolkata in a hospital but I was not able or sure what to suggest him. I told him to use condoms but he refused that he does not want to use condoms. Pls suggest.
I feel tired almost all the time in day and get irregular mensuration with pain in prior and first 2 days. Please advice.
I am 21 year old and I have Breast problem, my Breast size is different, left size is small and right side is big, and a big size always paining what can I do for this.
Please tell me. When is the best time for having a quantitative Blood Pregnancy Test after sex for accurate result?
2. Bathing before sunrise reduces mucus related problems (stick yellowish mucus in sinus plexus).
3. Maintain a proper weight.
4. Female between 5' to 5.5' should ideally weigh minimum 55 kgs max 60 kgs.
5. Male between 5' to 510, in 60 kgs max 75 kgs roughly.
6. Intake daily 3-5 litres of water.
7. Freehand exercise for 30 minutes daily in the morning helps to get more oxygen in the blood.
8. Avoid oily food. Take only fruit juice or white sweets.
9. Take nutritious balance diet.
10. Prepare popcorn at home and do breakfast with it. Be healthy and avoid stool related problems.
11. Do pranayam daily.
12. Eat slight less than your normal diet.
I am pregnant I check up and the result is its around only a month so I do not want this child this child will be destroy by medicine?
I am 30 years old and trying to conceive since 3 months. I have regular menstrual cycle and ovulate each month on time (raw egg white cervical mucus observed. I never ever took any contraceptive pill or other hormonal medicines. How long will it take to conceive normally and how can I improve my fertility? Please let me know.
I am 21 years old, and I am pcos border line. I have tried walking, running, yoga and gyming also but still my weight is only increasing. What should I do and eat at the same time!
I am a breast cancer patient. I have completed the treatment on 31.5. 2014. Follow -up check up going on. Please suggest the exercise. I have also plan a walking just 20 minutes daily or two days once. Please tell me.
My girl friend got period on 14-1-16 to 18-1-16 but suddenly after 12 days again she got period on 30-1-16. She has any problem ah.
hello. My mom Every month during periods time she suffer from severe stomach pain. She visited many doctors nd used many medicines but no use.
I am having regular periods. In the 2nd day there are clots since 2 years with no abdominal pain. I recently scanned and was detected with bulky uterus with fibroid. What should I do now ?
I got married on May 2nd 2016. Normally I used to have regular periods heavy flow. After marriage my period is irregular n just spotting please help me.
I got married 2 year back. Planning for kids last 1 year but failing. I done semen analysis test. In that sperm count 15 and pus cell 8-10 please suggest.
One of the most severe forms of pain is the pain that a woman experiences during the process of childbirth. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most severe, it is believed to be 8 to 10. In the earlier days, a number of women would die during childbirth and survival was considered as a second lease of life. This belief has however, changed with the advancements in medical science. The delivery has now become an almost painless procedure.
How it works: The pelvis and the lower limbs receive nerve supply through the nerves coming out of the spinal cord. A strong anesthetic is injected into the lower back to numb the pelvis and down below. This ensures that the mother is comfortable and awake during the whole procedure and is able to see the child being delivered but has reduced pain in the lower half of the body.
What are its benefits?
- The mother has a painless delivery and is conscious and able to see the process of delivery.
- Significant relief from the painful experience of childbirth. The pain induces secretion of stress hormones in the mother, which adversely affects both the mother and the child.
- Blood pressure is better controlled using this procedure.
- Additional instruments can be used during the delivery if required without the need for additional anesthesia.
- If required, the procedure can be converted to a cesarean section too, by adding an epidural catheter.
- The duration of childbirth has been significantly decreased.
- Suitable for patients who have preeclampsia and heart disease
It has some disadvantages too
There are minor complications, including:
- This can develop after the painless delivery and the onset and intensity vary from one individual to another
- Post-procedure headache
- Pain at the site of injection
- Difficulty during urination
- The normal pushing effect by the woman is reduced due to the numbness and so vacuum may be used or delivery may have to be converted to a cesarean one.
- In rare cases, there could also be a sudden drop in the blood pressure
In the following cases, the doctor would advise the mother to go for a painless delivery
- Medical conditions like preeclampsia, high BP, or other heart conditions
- Subsequent births after having had a cesarean section (VBAC – vaginal birth after cesarean)
- People who have previously had prolonged or complicated labor, a painless delivery is easy on both the mother and the child
When it should be best avoided
In some cases, like the ones listed below, the painless delivery should be avoided
- Women with bleeding disorders.
- Women who are on blood thinners like aspirin, heparin, etc.
- Women who have had prior low back surgeries
- Women with neurological conditions
A detailed discussion with your gynecologist is the best way to identify, if this would work for you.