Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arpana HaritwalYour feedback matters!
I want to know about kegel exercises. How and when to do it. Who can do it and what is it's benefit. Is it beneficial for both man and woman.
Hello my friend has missed her period date after checking it on prega news after confirmation that she is pregnant she intake instakit abortion pill she doesn't bleed after second dose of misoprost she take another 2 tablet she take total 5 to 6 misoprost after that she only bleed heavily for 3 days after 3 days she doesn't bleed at all this is her second medication of abortion pill as she has taken firstly just 2 months before we are very worry about that please help me and tell me what are the next step we should take. thanks you.
Hello, I am 29 years old and my husband age 47 years and we married 9 years. We have 2 baby. Last night during sexual intercourse condom broke in the middle of sex and he finished inside me. My last period end 25th April 2017. My husband told me to take unwanted 72, my little son still feeding so can I take unwanted 72. Also I want to know how much chances of pregnancy if I not take. Thank you.
While massaging my body today I got something hard on the left on my breast. It's something like a lump, when I pressed it. I felt pain. Please tell me what is it? Is it something to worry about?
L have irregular periods problem. I want solutions. What type of food I have eat. Which medicine I will take doctor. Three months ones I have period.In period leg is soo pain. Thank u.
I have done the sex with my bf. Nd presently I am very depressed because my dad want that I do the marriage with other person jise wo pasand krte hai or cast me ho so my future husband is very strict .i think that how can i bleed durning sex. Becoz mostly husbnds have no trust .
I am 22 years old. My weight is 33 kgs and height 5ft. I have very irregular periods. This time I had some close time with my friend but we dint do intercourse also he dint ejaculate. Since then I missed my period and after one month I got spotting for 2 days n then after a week periods started which lasted for a month. I had heavy bleeding. I was on pause mf which dint help. I had an ultrasound which showed everything normal with polycystic ovaries and endometrial thickness 5mm. 10 days after ultrasound my periods continued. Then my doctor gave me regestrone for 15 days. After taking one tablet periods stopped. Is there any possibility for me being pregnant? Is it all because of hormonal imbalance? Is anything serious? Do I need to worry? If it is due to hormones please suggest me good diet to control pcos.
I am a 25 year old female looking for safe contraceptive method. I used to take the pill before but I had to stop due to some circumstances. I would like to be on any form of birth control contraceptives. Please advice me on which form of contraceptive to opt for. Thank you.
I am 13 week pregnant. I did my first scan last week and everything is fine. Is it safe to travel from UK to India? Because it's a long flight journey. I am traveling alone, so worried a lot.
Sir, I had unprotected intercourse with my friend 4 days after her periods. And She's is again having periods after 4 dayd. Contraceptive pill (I PILL) is taken after 3 hours of intercourse. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
I finger on my girlfriend's vagina Daily But this month she missed her periods. Is this problem is normal? Or can you please suggest some tablets for getting periods faster.
Hi. I am 25 year girl and had unprotected sex. Within 24 hours I took i-pill. In 5-6 days my menstrual period was about to come and I had menstrual cramps also in these days but had bleeding very less (2-3) drops. After that no bleeding happened. Kindly tell me what should have happened? and send suggestions.
Once the reality of the positive pregnancy test sets in, dreaming about the yet-to-arrive begins. Curiosity about gender, options for names, ways to manage, shopping ideas, etc., begin to get discussed. And then totally out of the blue the news comes that there is a miscarriage. This is one of the most depressing phases. It is very important for the family to be around and support each other. While the entire family is upset and hurt over the news, the mother needs most care as there is just not emotional but a huge physical component also to the episode. On the other hand, remember that miscarriages are extremely common, and is no indication of a fertility issue.
The first step would be to diagnose and confirm the miscarriage. After that, depending on whether it was complete or incomplete, some medical intervention might be required. In most cases, medications like misoprostol are given to expel the uterine contents. These help by clearing out the contents in about a couple of days' time. In some cases, a D and C might be required if your doctor suspects that medication will not suffice. This also helps identify if there is any issue in the uterus that could have caused the miscarriage.
While the above takes care of the physical part, the emotional component also requires cautious management. Needless to say, this is trickier than the earlier one.
- Mourn to your heart's content - When you have nursed a life within you and have lost it, it is very normal to cry for its loss. There would be a mix of emotions - shock, denial, confusion, anger, grief, depression, etc. Take some solace from that fact that this is nature's way of removing unhealthy fetuses.
- Get someone to talk to - Need not be your husband, but anybody whom you can talk to without having to watch words. A sibling, a good friend, a close relative - your choice. Make sure you don't pick ones who will judge and sympathize with you. More than sympathy, you need someone understanding and knowledgeable.
- Socialize more - As you would have kept to yourself post your positive test, use this time to socialize more and meet friends whom you have not regularly been in touch with. Close family members, your children (if you already have), society groups, movie groups, etc., help to a great extent.
- Formal medical counseling: If you are not able to cope with your regular circle of family and friends, try seeking professional advice from counseling.
- Spirituality - Whether you believe in temple or churches, spend some time there. Involve in some religious activity if you would like, this helps very often.
As much as it is painful and traumatic, it is not very uncommon or unnatural. Get back on your feet, the sooner you do, the better.
Women who have abnormally large breasts usually tend to develop them during adolescence or during pregnancy. Large breasts can cause physiological problems apart from being unsightly. Some of the problems commonly reported by women include back and neck problems. Let's explore one of the most common methods of breast reduction known as the keyhole method.
What is the keyhole method of breast reduction?
The Keyhole method of breast reduction is the most commonly prescribed form of breast reduction surgery. In this method the doctor places an anchor or a keyhole shaped incision around the areola extending to the underside of the breast. Then a small device is inserted to melt fat and a low power vacuum is used to extract it. After this is done the area is stitched up reducing the breast size.
The extent of the incision:
The length and breadth of the incision can vary from case to case. However, the following areas usually tend to have scarring:
- The area around the nipple known as the areola: A round circular incision is made around the areola to open up this section of the breast.
- Downwards from the areola to underside of the breast: This is where the keyhole shape comes into prominence as this is an extension of the incision to open up the breast.
- The area on the underside of the breast along a horizontal curve: This may vary in extent from patient to patient depending upon how much tissue needs to be removed and thus may be larger or smaller.
The advantages of keyhole method of breast reduction:
There are many valid reasons why this method is the most prescribed and most popular form of breast reduction. Let's look at some of the reasons below.
- The most minimally invasive method: Conventional breast reduction may employ techniques, which open up the breast, which is a longer and more complicated form of surgery, and thus the keyhole method being the least invasive has its own advantages.
- Lesser scars: With other forms of breast reduction, the scars along the incision lines may be much larger. With the keyhole method, much of the scarring is hidden away due the shape of the incision as well as the size being smaller.
- Quicker healing: Most forms of keyhole surgery use liposculpture or the extraction of fat rather than full excision of tissues and thus it generally translates to quicker healing. Even in cases where excision is performed, healing still tends to be quicker with this method as the incisions tend to be smaller.