Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arika VohraYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my boyfriend this month twice, 1st we have done on the before day of my period that too after foreplay, just he penetrated once and then removed when I screamed, without protection and he didn't came till that time as he is sure. 2nd we had just few days before my date with full protection. But now my periods are delayed almost by a week. Please I need your suggestion Net Doctor. Am I Pregnant? Or just period delay? Can I take some pills for periods? Will it affect in future? Please suggest some necessary tablets?
Dr. I am on Hisone and Thyronorm for recuperative period after my Pituitary macro adenoma surgery last Nov. I feel fine but notice weight gain particularly waistline and tummy. What should I do to have a flat belly. I have put on 6 kgs since Dec last. I stand 5' 10" and weigh 70 kgs. Please advise.
My wife 's cousin suffering from breast pain and she is 15 years old she is living jakarta with parents could please tell me there is a doctor who join lybra+e and they comfortable to talk.
Hi, My wife get pregnant and doctor suggest Vibact DS tablet for 3 month from 13 th week and now he said that he suggest only for 3 week. Please suggest is this harm our baby. We are very much tense on overdose of medicine.
Me and my gf had sex using condom but accidentally we touched reproductive part and there was some liquid on both the reproductive part so we she took ipill after 24 hr and she got her periods 3 days late from usual date and now she is not getting her periods n its almost two day late and she is not feeling any symptoms of getting periods like cramps and all. Is she pregnant? please help me out.
Before one week ago me and my girlfriend had sex seven times in three days, we both have done first time and every time I used condom. I am sure that no sperms has been entered into her vagina. Now she is feeling weak and having some pain just below of belly button. She is so afraid for pregnancy. Kindly suggest what to do?
Hello doctor my question is. My wife is not attend regular periods and also suffer from thyroid and over weight. She is 34 years and 5 feet tell almost 80 kg. She also not interested in sex relationship. Where I go for first treatment .she is not a happy Person.
Siblings are most definitely, the best thing to have ever happened to anyone. We fight, we laugh, we play and we defend. No matter, whether you are the best buddies or you cannot even stand being in the same room, you two (or three or four!) share an inseparable bond, which will last for a lifetime. Siblings are surely in for the long haul, while friends and colleagues may just come and go. But do our sibs really influence us?
- The weight issues: Obesity has been known to run in generations and families, but there have been studies which show that siblings have an influence, especially when we talk of the waistline. Researches; conducted from a 2014 based study at Duke University from the Sanford School of Public Policy show that if the older sibling is obese, the chances of the younger one, being the same increase fivefold. This is regardless of the fact that the parents are obese or not.
- Character talk: Though there is little evidence supporting the theory of birth order affecting personality, there sure is enough to support that siblings do shape the same for each other. Siblings do develop separate identities for themselves and in the same run, affect and shape the personality and characteristics as well as the behavior of the other, to a major extent. For instance, a person would make more of an effort to become an outgoing person, if his/ her sibling is shy and quiet. In case of families with three kids, this is more likely to happen among siblings of the same gender instead of the opposite genders.
- The first teachers: Navigating social situations are what we first learn from our siblings. A daily practice in understanding foreign minds and getting an insight of the outer world is what we first get from our siblings. Strong bonds between two kids at home have shown better and more successful connections with peers at school.
- Saving marriages is their task: Being a part of a bigger family reduces the chance of divorce due to more chances of being accustomed to adjustment. Ohio State University concluded in a 2013 study that every sibling reduces divorce risk by 2%.
- Depression Deal: Squabbling of siblings is as natural as the rain. Yet, the reasons for the fight can have major health implications. Quarreling about issues like fairness and equality can lead to experiencing higher levels of depression. The same has been concluded by a 2012 study of the University of Missouri. Fighting over personal space can lead to the development of low self-esteem and anxiety.
- But they are happiness boosters too: You know that already! Having siblings is in itself a joyful experience.
Hi, i am 16th week pregnancy is going on. I am not able to drink milk, its not getting digest and getting vomit. Is it really needed to drink milk during pregnancy? Instead of milk any other thing can I take? Please help me on this.
I am 29 years I have a pcod problem. Already visited to doctor she gave me medicine but still my weight is gaining. Can you please suggest me what I do.
After mensuration how many days person have sex with his wife with out any without using any pills or condom so that wife could not be pregnant.
Its me again. I still have brownish discharge that look like blood clots, does not smell, and when I wipe it on a white cloth, I could tell its really brown. I had sex on jan 22 unprotected and took nordette as ecp 6hrs after since plan B is banned here in my country. I followed the doses actually over dosed. 4 pills and another 4pills after 12hrs and another 4 on the next day, total 12. Now 4 days after (yesterday) I had the brownish discharge until today (5th day after last dose of ecp). My last period was dec 27. I took urine pregnancy test last night which came out negative. Was I fertile when I had sex?
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome/Diseases:-
Polycystic ovarian diseases (PCOD), is a common endocrine system disorder of women in their reproductive age. In this condition, there is an imbalance of the sex hormones like estrogen and progesterone of a woman. This causes enlarged ovaries that contain tiny collections of fluid (ovarian cysts), referred as follicles which might be settled in each ovary. These cysts are often seen during an ultrasound exam.
Cause of PCOD:-
The exact cause of PCOS is unknown. Hormonal imbalances and genetics play a major role. Production of the hormone androgen in excess may be another contributing factor. Androgen is a male sex hormone that womens bodies also produce. This overproduction can affect the development and release of eggs during ovulation. Excess insulin may cause high androgen levels.
Symptoms of PCOS:-
- Irregular menses (usually delayed)
- Weight gain and difficulty in losing weight
- Acne and Dandruff in scalp
- Abdominal pain
- Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, back
- Thinning of hair
- Infertility and Miscarriage
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
Diagnosis of PCOS:-
There is no definitive test for PCOS. Diagnosis depends on medical history and symptoms of patients. The physical and pelvic examination can help to find out the signs of PCOS.
- Thyroid function tests (TSH).
- Fasting glucose tests to measure blood sugar levels.
- Lipid level tests to assess the amount of cholesterol.
- USG (Ultra Sonography)
Complications of PCOD:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- High cholesterol
- Anxiety and depression
- Endometrial cancer (cancer caused by thickening of the lining of the uterus)
- Heart attack
- Breast cancer
Homeopathic management for PCOD:
Polycystic Ovarian disease (PCOD) can be treated by Homoeopathic medicines. Homoeopathic medicines are very safe and can cure PCOD permanently and without any side effect. The complete cure of PCOD is a time-consuming process and it cannot be expected in a few days. It requires complete observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient and frequent clinical follow-ups.
Arsenicum iodatum 6x: Suited to scrofulous diathesis where the thyroid, axillary, tonsils & mammary glands are swollen, hard, indurated, painful, sensitive and sore to the touch & may be exuding discharge with exfoliation of skin in large scales.
Carbo animalis 3x: Indicated when buboes, axillary & inguinal glands, thyroid gland are indurated & is as hard as a stone that even the surrounding tissues become hardened.
Clematis erecta 3X: Indicated when breast, inguinal glands, spermatic cord are hot, painful, swollen; with scirrhous, rheumatism of the joints or swollen ulcers.
Conium maculatum 4X: Acts on glandular system absorbing stony hard glandular tumors & other growths that can be outlined and felt. Suited to scrofulous affections like adenoma, swollen mammary glands, and goiter; with a marked tendency to induration, extending to cellular tissue, esp. after burns, blow or fall or bad effects of sexual excess.
Galium aparine 6x: Indicated in nodulated tumors, hardened glands, scirrhous formation, esp. of a tongue.
Hydrastis canadensis 2X: Indicated in cachectic dyscrasia esp. of the breast; goiter at puberty and pregnancy; follicular inflammation of pharynx; general ulcers in the throat.
Phytolacca decandra 3X: It has a powerful effect on fibrous tissues, muscles, and scar tissue; indicated in swollen tonsils, mumps, follicular inflammation of the pharynx, chest, and breast, lymph node swelling or soreness, mastitis in breastfeeding mothers with cracks and small ulcers about nipples, sties, stony hard painful goiter.