Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arifa Elahi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arifa ElahiYour feedback matters!
Hey I am trying to get pregnant .i wil take clomid 50 mg frm 5th day of my menstruation cycle. So when wil I ovulate m having 30 days cycle.
Are there chances to get pregnant without having intercourse but just rubbing penis during 2nd day of period? The boy did not ejaculate but pre ejaculated.
Her test of thyroid come normal which is 0.95 value of tsh on first July 2016. It was 150 before the three months on first April 2016. Now I cross check her and that also come normal the value of second time is 1.05 tsh value. She is taking throx 75 and before this she was taking throx 100 for this. Now unfortunately she is not getting pregnant it's ninth month of marriage. What is wrong with this matter with her. Thanks a lot to you.
Had unprotected sex with my girl and by mistake ejaculated. Just in an hour she took an Ipill. Still are there chances of her getting pregnant?
Q1.-What are the tests that one should be done for STD? Q2.- I want to have oral sex with my wife so licking her vagina is safe for me?
I am 27 years old unmarried male, few months back I lost my virginity with my gf, the problem I felt like that I get discharged within 2-3 shot only, initially I felt like this is due to lack of experience. But nie I started worrying about it. Please suggest.
Sir/mam, i am a 17 years old girl looking my +2 exams ahead. But its hard for me to sit still and study for more then 1 hour either due to stomach or back pain or due to feeling sleepy.I had my 1st period when i was of 14. Since then it's never been regular.And when ever it occurs there is a heavy flow each time. I had consulted may doctors and every time they prescribe me with contraceptive medicines like yasmin, novelon, etc etc and i had it all.But still it doesnot work. No actually it worked for that instant only but then when i discontinued if as per doctors advice, the problem started again. Recently not more then a half and year i came to know from my ultrasound reports that i have PCO i.E poly cystic ovary.My present problem is stomach ace and back pain.When i asked about it to my doctor he pescribed me with Cyclonorm-N & Cyclonorm -p.I had it past 2 week but still no result is to be seen please help me. Its my bord exam amd m unable to prepare for it due to stomach pain and back ace. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.
For most of us, our smartphone is the first thing we look at in the morning and the last thing we check before going to bed. But, is it a right practise? Well, it is not. As per a recent study published by the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, using a smartphone right before bedtime actually reduces the overall quality of sleep.
- Difficulty in falling asleep - We feel sleepy when our brain releases a hormone called melatonin, which is determined by the body's circadian rhythm. The blue light emitted by the screen of the smartphone interferes with this rhythm and the secretion of melatonin, which makes it difficult for us to fall asleep, even after we keep our phone aside.
- Poor quality of sleep - Using a smartphone before going to bed also hampers the overall quality of sleep because, when we check an office email or a text message as the last thing before we sleep, it gets difficult for our brain to relax, due to which we are unable to sleep peacefully.
- Decreased attention span - Our productivity suffers during the day, due to lack of proper sleep at night. Also, not getting enough sleep is known to hamper our decision-making skills, impair our long & short-term memory, which leads to unnecessary stress and anxiety.
- Increased risk of weight gain - Our body is more likely to feel hungry when we don't get our due share of sleep, as sleep deprivation slows down our metabolism. Thus, use of smartphone right before bedtime can induce cravings, which lead to snacking and weight gain.
- Weak immune system - While we are asleep our immune system produces antibodies that help fight infections, it also releases a protein known as cytokines. This protein not only promotes sleep but also fights inflammation and other problems caused by stress. Lack of sound sleep decreases the production of cytokines and increases the risk of falling sick, it also slows down our recovery cycle. Further, long-term sleep deprivation can raise the risk of diseases, such as diabetes, heart problems and obesity.
- Skin damage - Sleeping late at night and not getting enough sleep can lead to dark circles, puffy eyes and fine lines across our face. The blue light emitted by our smartphones triggers the secretion of cortisol, which can damage our skin's smoothness and elasticity.
Thus, even if we are spending only some time on our smartphone before going to bed, it affects our overall mental and physical well-being. Want to know more about the problems sleep deprivation can cause or solutions that can help, consult our expert & get answers to questions!