Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. ArifYour feedback matters!
I am facing a little problem I have red eyes for two days. I used ciplox twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
I have red eye for over 2days? What should I do? And I have stomach pain over last 3days what should I do?
I am student I want to put on my weight how to I do. I am very weak I have itching problem also in cold and summer in whole body. Under the eye I have dark circle. In my chin some small moles or pore or fungal type infection are continuously are grow. I am very weak. So am not focused on studies.
I have running and blocked nose, watery eyes and dry cough from yesterday please suggest me treatment to quick relief.
When i am working at computer my eyes are got red colour and i get pain of headache.what can be done for this?
I am 43 Years old my problem, allergy nose, mouth, eyes inside and continue sneezing after sleeping, white wash in nose. Bath. Eating rice. Banana. Cold drink. sinus before 10 years.
I am suffering from my eye doses please help me its really so irritated me its so painful so please help me immediately.
Hello sir, I have Eye redness without considerable pain but cream filling especially in the early morning.
Im having a red pale eyes for few days. And having painful day. I can not understand what should I do. Please help me out quick from this problem. For such act of kind of kindness ill be thankful to you sir.
I am not getting very good sleep at night. I want u. My eyes ar burning at morning pls help me or I will masburate.
I am 21 and my eye sight is 3.25. Can I reduce my eye sight with out laser treatment? How to reduce my eye sight naturally as fast as possible? Thank you.
LASIK or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a form of corrective surgery that help patients who are suffering from near sightedness (Myopia), far sightedness (Hypermetropia) and even astigmatism (cylindrical power in glasses). This procedure aims at correcting the shape of the cornea, which is the transparent layer that lines the front of the eye. Through this procedure, the cornea is reshaped so that the retina receives a focused light.
So what are the health tips for people going through a LASIK procedure? Here is our take:
Biggest advantage of LASIK is that it helps people to get rid of Glasses and contact lenses, which sometimes are cosmetically unacceptable and in some cases are visually disabling.
Best part of LASIK is that it is:
- Quick (total duration of surgery is hardly 5 minutes) and virtually painless.
- Has a high success rate ( success rate is 96%).
- Does not require bandages or stitches.
- Adjustments can be made years later to alter the vision as per growing impairment in the future and advancing years.
Minor side effects like dryness, glare and halos, if appear, subside with time.
Any person 18 yrs or older who fulfils the following criteria can undergo Lasik surgery
- Stable refraction
- Corneal thickness and topography should be in normal range
- Dilated retinal examination should be normal
- Adequately wet eyes
Note: One should abstain from wearing contact lens at least 2 weeks before the procedure.
Precaution after the Procedure:
Patient is likely to have some inflammation after the procedure and temporary dryness.
Use medicines as prescribed by the doctor
- Avoid any type of eye makeup for at least 1 month after surgery
- Avoid swimming or water sports for at least 2- 3 weeks after surgery
Going through a LASIK procedure is a matter of finding the right specialist and ensuring that you take all the precautions before the procedure. Also, it is important to look into your medical history and eyes in particular so as to avoid complications
Hi I am having yellow eyes whenever I smoke a cigarette And this is happening for past one year I have had my blood test and am not having typhoid or tb.
Sir I am feeling a deep pain on my eyes left side from last two days. I am working a accountant last seven years my age is 36 years. There is no swelling on this spot and never feeling such pain in past.
Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness in people across the globe. It damages the optic nerve that carries sensory images from the retina to the brain. A faulty eye pressure is responsible for damaging the very delicate optic nerve fiber causing small blind spots in the retina. Unfortunately, for most patients this disease only gets diagnosed when the number of blind spots is on the higher side.
Types of Glaucoma
- Open angle: This is a type of Glaucoma which results from the blockage of the drainage angle of the eye resulting into an increased eye pressure.
- Angle closure: This is the kind of Glaucoma which results from the narrowing down of the drainage angle leading to complete blockage.
Target segment of Glaucoma
- Family history: Inheritance surely plays a role in case of Glaucoma too. If Glaucoma runs through families of an individual, there are higher chances of getting this disease. Although there is no hard and fast rule about it, the risks of inheriting this disease are on the higher side.
- Eye injury: If there is any history of previous eye injuries, the probability of the onset of Glaucoma cannot be turned down. Specially, if the injury is related to optic nerve, there are very high risks involved.
- Bilateral Oophorectomy: Dual Ovary removal before the age of 40 results in deficiency of estrogen resulting in Glaucoma. Although most surgeons warn their patients of the possible risk of these procedures, many surgeries such as these have resulted in patients losing eyesight in the form of Glaucoma.
- Patient with Diabetes: In case of acute diabetes, retina gets damaged and the eye starts producing new blood vessels on the iris resulting into an increased eye pressure. This condition often leads to Glaucoma due to blockage of fluid flow in the eye.
- Eye Conditions: Myopia, multiple surgeries to the eye, blunt trauma etc. can lead to Glaucoma. A patient who has undergone any kind of eye surgeries suffers from inflammation. However, major inflammation is often found twisting blood flow in the eye resulting into Glaucoma.
- If a patient is 40 or above: After a person reaches 40 years of age, a lot of diseases start cropping in to the body. Studies show that Glaucoma has a higher frequency in people who is more than the age of 40 or above.
- High eye pressure: A patient with an eye pressure of above 21 mm HG is also at a very high risk of getting glaucoma. For a normal person the IOP lies between 10 to 21 mm HG.
- Blood flow related disease: Diseases such as acute migraine, hypertension and low blood pressure which involves blood flow related problem often aggravate to glaucoma.
- Ethnic Background: Statistics show that people from Afro American, Hispanics, Asian and Caribbean background have greater chances of being affected by Glaucoma.