Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. ArifYour feedback matters!
Hi Good Day to you, I met with an accident 5 days back, where I got a head injury, just one inch above my right fore head with 4 staples on the cut. My my injury is getting healed well with regular dressing. I have few symptoms, I doubt it's normal or should take it further. 1. If I'm bending down, I feel dizzy and uncomfortable. 2. My left eye has a slight blurred vision. 3. I could only do work slowly. If I have to do something in a hurry, I feel uneasiness with headache. Kindly advise, are these symptoms in normal recovery or anything abnormal?
A sty is a tiny red bump in the eyes which looks like a pimple on the outer edge of the eye. This condition usually causes a lot of discomfort and a significant amount of pain. This pimple generally forms when the oil glands in the eyes get clogged with dirt and grime as well as excess oil, which created blockage due to the accumulation of bacteria. Too much tear production as well as swelling and pain are the most common symptoms of this condition, which must be shown to an ophthalmologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Read on to find out the various ways in which you can treat this condition:
- Well Cleaned Hands: Always ensure that your hands are properly cleaned and sanitised, as the hands can spread the maximum amount of germs and bacteria to your eyes. The hands are usually the most overworked part of the body which we use for doing a variety of tasks that involve touching, gripping, pulling, pushing and running them along a variety of surfaces. This causes a build-up of germs and bacteria on the hands which can easily get transferred to the face or the eyes, as one touches these areas constantly. So, it is important to keep your hands clean at all time to ensure that the sty does not get worse.
- Avoid Makeup: When you are suffering from a sty, it is imperative to keep your eyes clean and clear. For this, you must avoid using makeup until the sty gets fully cured as the makeup may irritate the eye and the particles may further block the pimple. Also, you may want to avoid wearing contact lenses unless the sty gets better, and stick to glasses instead so that there is nothing in the eye that will obstruct its treatment.
- Warm Washcloth: This treatment will soothe the eye and help in sanitising the area with the warmth of the washcloth. Also, this kind of treatment for a few minutes every day will ensure that the swelling also reduces. Further, one must ensure that the washcloth is clean and lint free so that no dirt escapes into the eyes.
- Avoid Squeezing: One must avoid squeezing the sty as this action can make it even worse. Further, if the pimple bursts, the liquid or pus within can easily infect the eye and the area around it. The sty should be allowed to drain out on its own, or you can visit an eye doctor who will help in draining it out.
Getting professional help to treat the sty with medication and ointments as well as medical procedures is always more helpful.
I am 27 years old male and having a pain on and above my right eye and on right side of my forehead. This all started 2 weeks back and it comes and go during a day. I have already tried headache medicines but it is not working and have never experience such a pain before in my life, After speaking to some people it might be migraine. Kindly advise me which medications and therapy should I take?
My eyes are inflamed they appear reddish and there is slight burning sensation would any thing be implemented to resolve.
I have specs on my eyes and I don't want it for long time what I have to do to get rid of it as soon as possible.
Are you suffering from eye pain? Well, rubbing your eyes is not a wise thing to do under such circumstances. Rubbing will only turn the white of your eye into a scarlet-colored surface. The eyes can get irritated due to the influence of foreign materials like dust particles, flies or remains of beauty products. The eyes also develop pain due to physical injury. Here are some tips to get rid of the eye pain or irritation:
- Use Ice pack: In case of an injury, apply ice pack on the eyes. Cold compression on the eyes for 15 minutes reduces any sort of pain or swelling.
- Cry to smile: Tears are known to have positive effects on the eyes. They prevent the drying up of cornea. It is advisable to bathe the eye with artificial tears.
- Compress your eyes: It is advisable to soak a washcloth in warm water and compress your eyes with that to get relief from pain in sty. Sty is an infection of the eyelid, which reddens the lids and causes pain. Warm compression helps in liquefaction of the oils in the eyes.
- Wash your eye: Irritation or pain is also caused by dust particles in the eyes. Therefore, it is best to wash your eyes with saline solution. Don't use normal tap water or distilled water for washing your eyes.
- Get rid of the invader: Try to remove or dislodge any fleck or speck 'the cause of pain' by using a cotton swab.
- Try the cold treatment: It has been found that dry eyes can be treated best by cold application. Apply a pack of ice on dry eyes for 5 to 6 minutes in every two hours. This helps in reducing the pain and forms tears to keep the eyes moist.
- Flip your eyelids: Try to remove the painful particle inside the eyes by pulling the eyelids. Pull the upper lid gently over the lower one so that the foreign particle comes out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.