Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Archana Verma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Archana VermaYour feedback matters!
I am married before 6 days and have continuous unprotected intercourse with husband n taking sperm inside if now I took ipill will it effect for not getting pregnant?
Getting married is one of the biggest moments in every woman’s life and everyone wants to look their best in their wedding photographs. Along with makeup and hairdos, your smile is also important. While all of us wish we were born with the perfect smile, many young brides may feel that their smiles are imperfect. Thankfully, with cosmetic dentistry, every smile can sparkle. Some of the common cosmetic dentistry procedures for young brides are:
- Teeth whitening: The colour of your teeth can be affected by a number of factors. Regular consumption of tea and other caffeinated drinks may also cause stains on your teeth that cannot be removed by regular brushing. While this may not be something to concern yourself with on a normal day, yellowed teeth can mar a bride’s smile. Teeth whitening is a safe and quick way of removing stains from your teeth and whitening them. This form of treatment can even be done at home. All it involves is applying a gel on your teeth and wearing a teeth guard over it overnight for a few days.
- Tooth straightening: Misaligned teeth, crooked teeth ad gaps between teeth can easily be realigned with cosmetic dentistry. Unlike metal braces of the yesteryears, clear braces can correct alignment without hampering your appearance in the process. Using a cast of the current position of your teeth, sets of aligners are made that progressively correct the position of your teeth. Each set of aligners is worn for 3-4 weeks before shifting to the next set. If need be these aligners can be removed for a day when you have a special function and put back on after the function.
- Tooth veneers: Dental veneers are a great way to hide cracks on the tooth or to correct discolouration of teeth. These veneers can be described as thin porcelain shells that fit over the visible surface of your tooth. They can also be used to the visually correct spacing between teeth and hide chipped tooth edges. Veneers are long lasting and give a natural look to your smile.
- Dental implants: Missing teeth can give your smile a goofy appearance. Thankfully, if you have lost a tooth, you can easily correct your smile with dental implants. A dental implant tooth has a titanium root that is fixed to the gums and a natural-looking replacement tooth that is fitted to match the rest of your teeth.
Be The Very Best On Your Wedding Day
If you wish to enhance your natural beauty in readiness for your wedding day, why not talk to the specialist about the most suitable treatments for your skin? Simply get in touch to consult.
I have a lump on the inside of my vagina. I didnt notice it untill painful intercourse. I kept it a secret for a few months. I was embarrassed. It is on the right side. Intercourse got too painful. So I went to the doctor not my primary doctor I just went to the e. R. But it was so uncomfortable the doctor barely got to see it cause I kept jerking. He assumed it was an absece and even said he seen it had a head on it. I looked myself and there is no head. It never hurts and it never bothers me untill I try to have inter course. But you can fill a lump down there and see it what do you think it is? please I need help?
White discharge like water since last 5 months not regular but coming back every 10 days interval. Now feeling little abdomen pain. No taste less sleep. Blood test and PAP smear test is normal. What to do. Have breast feeding baby of 2 year.
She is only 12years[approaching] old. But she have already big breast n excessive growth of hair in her genital part. And she tell me that last week she did masturbation. But she is not having periods. Why is this doctor? Did sexual behaviour starts early in 12? She is really behaving very sexually. She watches porn movies. Did that causes this? How can we reduce it? please help
Hey, im a 27 years old unmarried guy. I had an intercourse with an unknown female day before yesterday and the condom broke. I am afraid that I might have been affected by STD. No symptoms as of yet. I ve contacted a doc within 8 hrs and got duovir and eff-600 tablets to be taken for month. But could you please help me understand about this. I wanna know what is the possibility of developing HIV virus or any deadly virus. Is there any test I should take to know if I have any STD/STI? What are the tests and when should I take?
When your kidney function falls below a certain point, it is referred to as a kidney failure or renal failure. Fortunately, you can still continue to lead a normal life with the right treatment for renal failure. Here are the three best treatments that you can choose depending on your condition and lifestyle:
1. Dialysis: Dialysis is the process that takes over the function of your kidneys to filter out the waste from your blood and maintain the proper balance of chemicals in the blood. You may use dialysis for many years or as a short-term treatment while waiting for a kidney transplant. Dialysis is not a cure for kidney disease, rather it helps you deal with renal failure. It is life-saving and without it, the kidneys will no longer function.
There are two types of dialysis treatments that you can choose from:
- Hemodialysis – This type uses a machine to remove waste from the blood and sends it back to your body. It can be done at home or at a dialysis center.
- Peritoneal Dialysis – This type uses the lining of your belly called the Peritoneum to do the work of your kidneys. A catheter and dialysis solution is used to carry out the function.
There are benefits and complications for each type of dialysis. The treatment decision will largely depend on the patient’s illness and their past medical history. Discuss with your doctor to decide the best option for you.
2. Kidney Transplant: Kidney transplants can provide a better quality of life than dialysis and can be seen as a potential cure for kidney failure. A healthy kidney from a live donor or deceased donor is surgically placed in your body as a replacement to the failed kidneys. Although this may be a better option for you, it has certain shortcomings. There is an element of rejection and you may have to wait for a long time to get a donor. Extensive testing and anti-rejection medications are prescribed with this treatment.
3. Palliative Care: Rather than cure, it is the care that people with serious illness need. With so much to deal with, the patients have an array of tough questions and challenges to deal with. Patients need to take into account all medical options and care options based on their condition and severity of the renal failure.
Making the right treatment choice is difficult and that too when you are ill. It is normal to be fearful and worried about the risks involved. Get support from your family and doctor to help you make the right treatment choice. It may also be helpful to visit a dialysis or transplant center to talks to others who have been through these treatments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.
Diuretics are substances that allow the body to get rid of excess water and sodium. They help in draining out the water by stimulating the kidneys and eliminate sodium from the urine thus, facilitating drainage of excess water. Diuretics are prescribed by the doctor when the body starts to retain excessive fluids.
The conditions that lead to problems such as:
1. High blood pressure: This is a disorder wherein the blood exerts more than the normal force (pressure) against the arterial walls while flowing through them.
2. Diabetes: It is a metabolic disorder wherein the blood sugar level rises significantly.
3. Kidney stones: Kidney stones refer to the formation of stones in the kidneys that can hamper the normal functioning of the kidney, leading to fluid retention in the body.
4. Edema: A disorder wherein parts of the body tend to swell due to inflammation is called ‘edema’.
5. Impaired functioning of the kidney: Impaired functioning of the kidneys makes it very difficult to flush out the excess sodium from the body thus, leading to fluid retention.
There are certain natural diuretics, which can come to your aid in times such as these. Read on to know more:
1. Parsley: Parsley, a very effective diuretic, is an herb that is commonly used for garnishing. It can also help in relieving bladder problems.
2. Black and green tea: Both green and black variants of the humble tea are very effective diuretics; you can enjoy them after a heavy meal to get rid of the bloating.
3. Hawthorn: A type of natural diuretic that is effective in reducing fluid accumulation and increasing urinary excretion. It also helps in treating problems of the kidney.
4. Juniper: A diuretic that has been used since ancient times. Juniper is very effective in removing excess salt and fluids from the body. The advantage of this plant is that it does not lower downs the level of potassium in the body, a side effect of other diuretics. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.