Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Archana SinhaYour feedback matters!
Foreplay refers to the preliminary acts preceding the sexual intercourse. Foreplay isn’t given much importance although it is the crucial part of the entire sexual experience.
Why is it important?
Biological Perspective: From the biological perspective, it is extremely important, especially for a woman to indulge in foreplay. Foreplay enhances the arousal, thus causing the erection of the clitoris. The clitoris functions similar to that of the penis. The rushing of blood to the clitoris leads to its erection which is necessary to achieve an orgasm. Foreplay also elicits vaginal wetness which makes the proceeding penetrative sex easier and painless for both, the man and the woman. The lack of vaginal wetness causes the sexual intercourse to be rather painful and sometimes involve some amount of bleeding. Contrary to the popular myth, foreplay is equally important for both the sexes. According to research, men and women both reported of achieving better orgasms when there was a greater build-up of sexual arousal.
Psychological Perspective: From the psychological perspective, foreplay instills the feeling of security and causes less vulnerability. The lack of foreplay apparently gives a sense of being neglected and denies the emotional assurance needed by most. Research shows foreplay enhances the relationship of the couple outside the bedroom. Foreplay is essentially important in long term relationships as it helps in enhancing the feelings of togetherness. Foreplay is also important in letting the partner feel they have your attention and care. It is essential in instilling psychological security and emotional wellness.
Also, it is necessary to achieve mutual pleasure from the sexual act and hence, attention must be given to the need of both the partners for a fulfilling experience. Foreplay is important in achieving orgasm, especially for women who do not necessarily achieve an orgasm through penetrative sex. With everything said and done, there is nothing wrong with an occasional skipping of the foreplay if that is what both the partners want. It is important to see what each partner is getting out of the entire sexual experience and work according to it.
Tips to have a great foreplay-
- Aim for the area around the lips: People mostly focus on the plump part of the lips, ignoring a sensual, arousing sweet spot which borders the lips. Your lips and its periphery contain several blood vessels. Slowly brushing through that area will give you a tingling, almost ticklish sensation that will run through your spine.
- The little triangle: The entire neck region is a highly erogenous spot. This includes the ears and the spot behind it, the neck and the shoulders. However, the junction where the collarbone meets your neck, the little triangle, has a thinner skin enveloping it. Linger around the spot a little longer maybe, before running down to the more obvious erogenous regions.
- Trail the thighs: The area around your thighs is home to one of the most explosive nerves that can simply make your breath go into hyper-drive. Start with supple, soft kisses around your thighs, with stray light strokes. This excites your genital area more because the nerves on the thighs directly lead to the genitals. This move will probably have your partner asking for more.
- Talk dirty: This act can have your partner flying off the handles if done right. You may want to test the temperature first in order to know what degree of talks does your partner like. Whether he is into low-key dirty talks or full-blown adjectives. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Periods me jo girls k pain hota h pet me or kamar me kya ye natural h. Kuch bataye please kya pain kam ho sakta h koi food lene se ya koi natural tareeka ho jis se koi side effects na ho.
On 3.9.16 Saturday we did intercourse with my partner, I take unwanted 72on da same day. But on the last sunday we did same, now I am fearing. Can I take the same drug now? Or any other. Because I do not want to pregnant wright now. So what can I do? Please provide your suggestions. Thank you.
Hi, I am turning 26 next month. My problem is, i am not having periods properly since last 1 year. It only for last 2 days and 3rd day there is little spotting, no need to use sanitary pads. Even in first two days don't have much flow. I am not suffering from any disease neither am overweight, just have little anxiety because of office work. I take proper diet also. Still worried because earlier I had 4 days cycle. I just want to know is it normal or am thinking too much.
Sir, I have rashes and infection near Thai private area, infection is over but developed rashes and inflammation over testies and became reddish from last one month, at present I am applying 2% ketnocozole two times and Flucanazole 150mg in every three days, cetin every night before dinner. I am consuming above medicine from last 50 day, I am not in india at present, kindly giude and help me to use correct medicine.
Homeopathy is a complementary system of healing that believes in ‘like cures like’. But can it cure infertility? Read on to know more about the role of homeopathy in infertility. Homeopathy uses the same principle of ‘like cures like’ to treat infertility as well.
In scientific terms, infertility is defined as the inability to conceive despite having regular unprotected sex for one or more than one year . The cause for infertility can be either present in the male or female partner like low sperm counts in men or poor quality of sperm and hormonal disturbances, blocked fallopian tubes, endometriosis, fibroids etc. in women.
Homeopathy works in infertility by:
- Regulating ovulation in women
- Increasing sperm count and improving sperm mobility in men
- Removing emotional blockages
- Reducing stress
- Treating depression and anxiety
Homoeopathy is especially useful in curing infertility due to low sperm count and sperm motility. A homoeopath can identify the cause of your infertility by asking you specific questions related to your:
- Duration of trying to conceive
- Nicotine, alcohol, coffee or tea consumption
- Genital diseases including inflammation, surgery and trauma
- Any other conditions you may suffer from, including hereditary conditions
- Any active infection in the body
- Exposure to toxins such as chemicals, radiation, heat or noise
- Stress levels
Homoeopathic remedies for infertility
If you want a sure cure for infertility, visit a reputed homoeopath who will match the right medicine with your constitution and symptoms. However, we have a list of common remedies for the condition for your information:
- This is a very powerful uterine remedy
- It is very useful in cases where the woman miscarries repeatedly
- Useful in treating uterine prolapse
- Treats late and scanty periods, irregular periods, as well as early and profuse bleeding
- Treats irregular or absent ovulation
- Treats low sex drive in men
- Treats women who have recurrent miscarriages
- Treats inflammation of ovaries and uterus after an abortion
- Boosts the immune system and improves chances of conception
- Treats infertility caused by depression, feelings of self-hatred and worthlessness
- Treats high blood pressure
- Treats enlarged and prolapsed uterus
- Treats infertility due to uterine polyps
- Infertility due to anxiety and stress
- Treats infertility in males due to low sperm counts
- It helps in improving the quality of sperms
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I had an intercourse 3 wiks before but took ipill within 60 hours of pregnancy amd my mensuration date was on 11. But till now not happened. Is this a sign of pregnancy?
I had sex 3 weeks ago and did not had any contraceptives. Now my dates are delayed by 3 days. I don't want to have a baby right now as I am just 20. I need suggestions as soon as possible to what should I do to get back to normal. I weigh around 49-50 kgs and am tense and scared too please help!
I'm having some discharge in my vestibule area, on my inner lips it looks bruised with pain when I part my lips under my clit in the vestibule area there's discharge it also looks kinda raw bruised like I'm really worried.
My due date is tomorrow but I want to delay my periods for a week pls help its urgent! I am getting a feeling that periods might come.
Hi Dr. I am married girl. Which day we plan a baby in month. My last period date 9 feb. Now it come 5 march. Please tell.
I am 26 weeks pregnant. Finding a small amount of liquid in my belly button since yesterday. If you wipe it off it Will appear again. No smell. No pain. Any reason to worry?
1. Use a cane or walker for added stability.
2. Wear rubber-soled shoes for traction.
1. Make sure lighting is adequate especially night as falls are common when trying to walk in dark.
2. Eliminate clutter in the house and neatly strap loose wires etc so it does not come in the way.
3. Avoid using rugs where foot or cane can catch while walking.
4. Make sure there are bars to hold on to in the bathroom.
5. Elderly patients will reduce fall risk if they do gentle stretching exercises daily and keep up their walking.
I am 22 years old. My periods are irregular all time. Sometimes it's 45 days 1 month 2 months. Now its been 3 months from now. What should I do?
Dr. I'm 50 and already reached menopause at the age of 46. Im unable to have sex as have no sensation and my vagina is very very dry. My husband and my relation is going through rough patch coz we can not have penetrative sex from past 3 years. Please save my marriage. No foreplay helps my vagina to lubricate. Suggest something so that I regain my sensation and my vagina lubricates on its own. I hope you getting me. Masturbation too does not lubricate my vagina. Pl. Help Thank you Dr.
Are black stoll normal during pregnancy. My wife she didn't had upto 4months when she turned 5 th month doctor prescribed iron related tablet is it because of that reason she getting this colour.
I am 22 years old and suffereing from pcod. I usually take contraceptive fr cycle as per doc guidance. My height is 4'11 and weight is around 65. How can I get rid of it. Please help. I am having this problem from past 2 years.
11 Ways To Escape Water Borne Diseases This Monsoon
Water borne diseases are easily contracted during rainy season and tend to spread very fast. They could be parasitic, viral & bacterial and are transmitted through contaminated fresh water, usually. To prevent seasonal diseases viz. malaria, worms, cholera, diarrhea, malaria, dysentery, etc. take the following steps before hand.
1) Avoid Water Stagnation - Make sure that there is no water accumulated anywhere around your home or office. If storing water, change it every day. Very common examples of stored water in India are coolers and water drums. Ensure they are cleaned and the water stored is either used up or changed regularly.
2) Use Clean Water - Always use clean water to cook, to wash hands & vegetables and also to brush your teeth.
3) Wash Your Hands - Always wash your hands well with clean water and soap before eating, cooking or feeding.
4) Avoid Pre-Cut Fruits - Avoid eating pre-cut/peeled fruits and vegetables, especially the ones sold in roadside stalls. Cut or peel them yourself and eat instantly.
5) Use Antiseptic - Put a few drops of antiseptics in the water you take your bath with. This will take care of any skin infections that might be lingering.
6) Boil Drinking Water - Drink only boiled/filtered water.
7) Clean Before Use - Always store water in clean containers. Take special care in ensuring the containers used to store drinking, cooking and bathing water, are clean.
8) No Street Food - Avoid all kinds of street foods. Its the riskiest.
9) Cover Stored Water - Close overhead tanks.
10) Avoid Dampness - For asthmatics, make sure that clothes and carpets are well-aired. There should not be in fungal growth in shoes, furnitures, etc.
11) Don’t Stay Wet - If you are diabetic, make sure your feet don't stay wet. Dry them as soon as possible.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.