Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Archana RohatgiYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am a 26 year old female, who is suffering from pcos and undergoing ayurvedic treatment for that. While masturbating, I get pain in my lower abdomen and not able to get excited fully. Is this a cause for my periods delay? Also, during periods I have stomach ache and blood cramps with heavy bleeding. Suggest me a remedy.
Hi i am 24 years old. I got married in 2013 September. Recently am completed my studies. We are planning now for children. I want to calculate my ovulation cycle. Can I know the details please.
My 21 year daughter has been diagnosed for cod, besides this she is facing problem of pcod since last 3 years. She is on glyciphage 1mg tablet (od), since last three years. Please advise.
I am 46 yeas, Till last year I was having my periods at 26 days interval but since 1 year it is 22 to 24 days but this month I had once in 10 days pls suggest me what should I do I am also suffering from sever mood swing, uncontrollable crying spells, I am taking ashwagandha tablets from last 2 months.
I am 50 years old female suffering from insomnia, depression,anxiety,migraine, suffer from hot flashes in night. My uterus is removed due to fibroid but ovaries are intact. I have gone through hormonal tests and it is normal. Whether this is condition of menopause or some neuro problem or phycological problem. What should I do.?
For a healthy body, proper digestion and absorption of food is very important. The digestion is an extremely intricate process and involves many organs. Impairment in any of the organs can hamper the digestive process, leading to a very common condition called dyspepsia. It is caused by malfunction of one of the muscular organs along the digestive tract including esophagus, stomach, small and large intestines and colon.
Causes: While dyspepsia is more a symptom, there are various reasons that lead to it including gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, infections, motility disorders, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), cancers of the digestive tract or any other abnormality in the digestive tract.
Evaluation: When a patient has chronic dyspepsia or indigestion, the first thing to do is a thorough evaluation to find out the underlying cause. As noted above, there are functional and nonfunctional causes leading to dyspepsia. While gastric ulcers or polyps are visible during an endoscopy, conditions like gastritis and malignancy can only be diagnosed under microscopic examinations.
Some of the tests that are used for evaluation of the cause of dyspepsia include:
1. X-ray: Any growth would be visible on an x-ray and further testing can then be done to confirm the exact nature of it.
2. Endoscopy: This will allow the doctor to see the actual digestive tract and identify any structural abnormalities or growth.
3. Colonoscopy: If the problem is suspected to be in the lower gastrointestinal tract, then a colonoscopy may be in indicated.
4. Gastric emptying study: This study can also reveal the abnormalities in the digestive tract
5. Culture: Dyspepsia caused by Helicobacter pylori can be diagnosed through cultures of the stomach contents.
Treatment: The treatment of dyspepsia is quite complicated and cannot be clearly outlined given the various conditions that it is associated with. Even specific foods can induce indigestion in some people. Therefore, a multipronged approach is required to treat dyspepsia.
Education: The affected person should be educated about the non-life-threatening nature of the problem and its chronicity. Some of the drugs used in treatment include:
1. Proton pump inhibitors: These reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach and thereby help in relieving symptoms.
2. Promotility drugs: They improve the movement of the muscles in the intestinal tract and are so used in managing dyspepsia.
3. Antibiotics: If an infection is suspected, antibiotics are effective.
4. Smooth muscle relaxants: Drugs like hyoscyamine and methscopolamine have been shown to provide relief in some patients.
5. Psychotropic drugs: Anxiety and depression are frequently seen in people with dyspepsia, and managing these can help reduce the dyspepsia.
As noted, the causes, symptoms, and management are very specific to individuals and needs to be managed by the doctor.
Today is 3rd day of my period doctor suggested to take umom as well as clofert 100 mg is help to get good egg development pls suggest me we r taking treatment for past 5 months my hormonal profile as well as my tube r healthy ,my husband semen analysis is also normal I've pcos doctor suggest me reduce weight. I reduced around 20 kgs now my period will appear around 29 days to 37 days. But I've the problem to get pregnant.
Health benefits of consuming dates:
1. Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low fat. Dates are rich in vitamins and minerals.
2. They are rich source of protein, dietary fiber and rich in vitamin b1, b2, b3 and b5 along with vitamin a1 and c.
3. It helps improve the digestive system
As it contains soluble and insoluble fibers and different kinds of amino acids.
4. Dates are great energy boosters as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose. To get more advantage add dates to milk and make it a very nutritious snack.
5. Dates are very low in calories and are extremely suitable for health conscious people.
6. Dates are rich in potassium and reduced in sodium. This helps regulate a healthy nervous system. Researches have revealed the fact that potassium intake up to a certain extent can reduce risk of stroke.
7. Dates also help in lowering of the ldl cholesterol.
8. Dates have high iron content and are very useful in treating anemia. The patients can eat many dates for better advantages. Dates also have fluorine that slows down the process of tooth decay.
9. It helps people suffering from constipation. Soak dates overnight and take it along with water to have added advantage.
10. It helps increase one's sexual stamina.
11. Soak one handful of dates in goat's milk overnight. In the morning grind the dates in the milk and add honey and cardamom powder and drink it.
12. Dates help in weight gain and are beneficial for those who suffer from over slimming problem.
13. Dates are excellent for alcoholic intoxication.
14. Cures abdominal cancer. The best thing is that it does not have any side effect on the body and is completely natural as well as it works better than medicine. It also helps in improving eye sight and helps in curing night blindness as well.
She is 18 and we had unprotected sex a week ago and now she gets pain in her pelvic area and a general physician told to see a gyno but we are teenagers what should we do?
1. Eat something every 2 – 3 hrs constantly. Stomach should be always busy digesting & absorbing something so that metabolic rate becomes higher burning stored fat. Never starve otherwise body holds on fats & Carbohydrates (energy source for emergency)
2. Consume 1 fistful of dry fruits everyday
3. Once in a week replace a meal with only boiled or steamed veg / fruits.
4. Eat fruits prior to meal, as your body gets all the goodness of fruits.
5. Drink 1 glass of water while going to take shower. Its good for blood circulation
1. Avoid deep fried food items (If unavoidable can be taken as first thing in the morning
2. Avoid sweets (you can have 1 piece of sweet in the morning or afternoon instead of fruit, specially do not have sweet with any of the meals; have it as a separate meal)
3. Do not use Ghee on Chapattis, does not add any value.
4. Don’t discard the skin of the fruits & veg. Soak them in salty water for ½ an hour to undo the most of chemical preservatives
5. Never take shower immediately after meals