Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Archana RaiYour feedback matters!
Hello sir. I am 19 years old. Having well height & weight. But I don't have beard or moustache or chest hair. This is my only problem
I am married since 3 year. I got red spot at my both thigh approx 7 month. Which look white in starting and now it became something red and dark brown. It look really very clumsy. Can you plzzz suggest me what is the cause of this and wat I do to get rid from it. And I always suffered from vaginal infection.
I have black spots on my back due to pimples. And I used some prescribed creams to get my marks reduced. But I don't find any effect. Can you please suggest me any other best medication?
Have I pimples problem. That my oily screen. Much than pimple in sweet and dust. So why may get stap to remove pimple.
Dr. My face is full of acne and moreover filled with blackheads. I haven't shown it to the skin Dr. But there is no relief. Please tell me a fast solution for the problem..
I am facing the problem of hairfall. please suggest me some advice .I am getting bald. please help me sort the problem so that I can have thick and long hair as soon as possible.
Dandruff is mostly due to the excessive Dryness or Oiliness that caused by increased secretion of sebum,Sweat .This may be in the form of Dry,whitish or yellowish flakes, powdery.Sometimes, skin c/o like Scalp psoriasis, scalp Eczema, Seborrhoeic dermatitis or Boils which cases exfoliation of skin layer after getting dried up are also could be thought of just Dandruff. Generally, in many types of skin diseases, there usually will be common symptoms like Itching, Irritation, dryness, or secretion of pus/ any other serous fluids,redness,exfoliation of skin, spreading[if caused by any bacteria, fungus]etc.Like that way, in dandruff also, there would be dryness, itching, irritation,based on severity, secondaries like formation of Acne[pimples] also may happen.
As precautionary measures, Always using the herbal shampoos[like containing Shikakai, Amla,Reetha , Hibiscus flowers, Brahmi,etc ]is good.At the same time,using Oils like coconut, Sesame, Olive,Maize are good to keep hair roots stronger& to maintain Scalp smooth.That application also should always be in gentle manner. Better to apply just 1-2 hrs before the headwash. Try to wash hair weekly minimum 2-3 times, that too with soft water, Avoid Hard water.
Coconut milk,or water,Rice starch,Yoghurt with methi[soaked fenu greek seeds paste], vinegar with water, aloevera will help to keep hair in good condition as well as to nourish the Scalp skin.
Diet also plays important role in keeping scalp healthy. So that, taking more water[minimum 3-4 ltrs of water intake/day],taking of more raw vegetables, fresh fruit juices[with Honey mixed or with less sugar] or fruits as a whole, increasing the intake of more proteinaceous diet,whole wheat, whole grains,pulses, hand pounded rice, food that is rich in Vit A, E, B complex,& reducing the consumption of Sugar, Fat,canned,preserved food,junk food,etc followed by regular exercise, yoga, meditation which helps in keeping the mind stress free,will help in controlling as well as precautionary.
Always Better avoiding more chemical based Shampoos, conditioners, few cosmetic therapies like colouring, dying, straightening etc as these will result damaging gradually the hair as well as the scalp texture.
Homeopathically, these conditions can be treated well, if u undergo T/t for a while. Medicines like, Calcarea carb, Graphitis, Lyco, China, Acid Flour,Acid phos,Phos, psorinum, Amm.Mur, Alumina,Sepia, Natrum mur,Thuja,Sulphur,etc will help, if were chosen according to individual?s symptom similarity.
Note: If once its diagnosed as its not general dandruff, but due to any other Skin c/o,as mentioned above, Then, treatment should be taken accordingly under Expert?s guidance.
I have a problem of my hair fall. My hair is become so thin and short. Please solve my problem. Mere hairs lambe or ghana hone k liye koi tarika bataye.
I'm 24 year's old. Male I'm loosing plenty of hairs please suggest me how stop it and how to get lost hair. And my skin is oily. If I take fresh shower the next morning my hairs become oily so please please suggest me. I am so scared.
My hair colour is converting from black to white. My age is 21. Please give me tips to regain black hairs.
I am 22 years old and having black patches on fingers vitamin b deficiency what should be curative measure for it.
Lybrate | Dr. Sourav Pati speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Can any dermatologist suggest me the best natural or any of the solution that can cure my pimples and its spots?
I am 24 year old male. I have hair fall have used many hair oil but I haven't relief. What should I do.
I am 20 year old before 2 years from this date my hair falling continue why did the hair falling & say solution also.
The skin is the largest organ of protection and defense. The skin plays an important role in the elimination of toxins and can assist the kidneys in their work. If there is a buildup of toxins in the body, the skin will try to help in removing them. The skin tries to help to eliminate the toxins out as skin rashes or skin conditions.
Every day we are exposed to toxins in our air, water, food and personal products. Examples of these chemicals are pesticides (in our food, lawns and parks), solvents (in gasoline, paints and cleaning products) and plastic chemicals (such as BPA and phthalates). We can do our best to live free of these substances, but some are unavoidable. Eating reactive foods leads to inflammation, which can lead to a number of symptoms and diseases, including chronic skin problems such as acne and eczema. Signs of toxicity that appear in the skin include acne, boils, rashes, inflammation, etc.
Your body needs to get rid of the waste products somehow. Some of these wastes can be excreted through the skin, such as urea, water, uric acid and ammonia. This helps rid your body of the things that might make you sick if your skin didn’t serve as a gateway to the outside.
Causative factors of skin diseases:
Skin diseases are the expression of toxins accumulation in the body. This toxin accumulation can cause by,
- Food with chemicals like pesticides, preservatives, processed food
- Exposure to chemicals through soaps, shampoos, phenyl
- Exposure to radiation
- Exposure to pollution – water, air and food
- Uses of plastic materials
Skin being the largest organ in the human body, presents many diseases. In fact, skin is the reflection of what is happening inside the body. Most of the internal systems and organs in the body when get affected or dis-eased because of accumulation of toxins, they show their effects in the form of skin diseases, in various forms.
- Rash: Nearly any change in the skin’s appearance can be called a rash. Most rashes are from simple skin irritation; others result from medical conditions.
- Dermatitis: A general term for inflammation of the skin. Atopic dermatitis (a type of eczema) is the most common form.
- Eczema: Skin inflammation (dermatitis) causing an itchy rash. Most often, it’s due to an overactive immune system.
- Psoriasis: An autoimmune condition that can cause a variety of skin rashes. Silver, scaly plaques on the skin are the most common form.
- Dandruff: A scaly condition of the scalp may be caused by seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, or eczema.
- Acne: The most common skin condition, acne affects over 85% of people at some time in life.
- Cellulitis: Inflammation of the dermis and subcutaneous tissues, usually due to an infection. A red, warm, often painful skin rash generally results.
- Abscess (boil or furuncle): A localized skin infection creates a collection of pus under the skin.
- Warts: A virus infects the skin and causes the skin to grow excessively, creating a wart.
- Melanoma: The most dangerous type of skin cancer, melanoma results from sun damage and other causes. A skin biopsy can identify melanoma.
- Basal cell carcinoma: The most common type of skin cancer. Basal cell carcinoma is less dangerous than melanoma because it grows and spreads more slowly.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: A common form of skin cancer, squamous cell carcinoma may begin as an ulcer that won’t heal, or an abnormal growth. It usually develops in sun-exposed areas.
- Herpes: The herpes viruses HSV-1 and HSV-2 can cause periodic blisters or skin irritation around the lips or the genitals.
- Hives: Raised, red, itchy patches on the skin that arise suddenly. Hives usually result from an allergic reaction.
- Tinea vesicolor: A benign fungal skin infection creates pale areas of low pigmentation on the skin.
- Shingles (herpes zoster): Caused by the chickenpox virus, shingles is a painful rash on one side of the body.
- Scabies: Tiny mites that burrow into the skin cause scabies. An intensely itchy rash in the webs of fingers, wrists, elbows, and buttocks is typical of scabies.
- Ringworms: A fungal skin infection (also called tinea). The characteristic rings it creates are not due to worms.
- Skin Allergies – Reaction of body through the skin to some allergens like some food item, dust, sun etc
Homoeopathic medicines make our body strong to relieve stress and to remove toxins from the body. Homeopathic remedies not only remove the complaint but also the tendency of the complaint to recur. Since the causes are internal, we need internal medicines. Applying ointments on skin problems may again push all toxins inside our body, which can result in disease of internal organs which is more harmful. Some examples of Homoeopathic remedies
- Hepetic eruptions all over the body – Dulcamara, psorinum, ran- b
- Fiery red rashes on the body – Aconite, belladonna, stramonium, sulphur
- Soft warts – Ant –crude, calc, nit-a, sil, thuja
Some lifestyle changes for skin ailments,
- Drink lots of water to help body to remove toxins
- Use lemon to remove toxins from body
- Take 7 hours sleep to help the repair of our body
- Do good amount of physical activities to remove toxins through increase in blood circulation and sweating
- Practice some relaxation methods to manage the stress
- Have lots of vegetables and fruits preferably organic
- Wash all fruits and vegetables properly to remove pesticides
- Avoid radiation and pollution as much as possible
- Avoid chemical contacts through the skin and nose.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult online, on phone or in clinic.