Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Archana R Verma
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Archana R VermaYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from pcos (polysistic ovaries) from past 6 yrs I took treatment from a gynecologist but didn't find any change in my periods Wat further steps shud I take?
Dear Sir/madam, By doing oral sex (licking vagina) can I give satisfaction to my wife? Because she likes only this.
Me and my fiance have same blood group o + ve, so I am worried about our future i.e. Our child. Please suggest me that what should I do?
I am 20 years female suffering with polycystic ovarian syndrome. What are the symptoms of pcod? Is there any permanent cure for pcod? What dietary plan should pcod patients follow?
My wife is now in 5th month. Her height is 5.2 and weight is 70.5kg. Please guide what precautions or exercises should we follow for a normal delivery. Please provide diet to be followed during 2nd trimester.
Did you know that regular sex intensifies your immunity power from various allergens and viruses, relieves you from daily stress and anxiety, and even aids in protecting the health of a man's prostate gland by pouring out the fluids within it. Regular intercourse also helps in releasing of chemicals, which improve mood as well as ease pain. May be no one told this to you, and so you have never known it. But every person can and must have intercourse until the old age! Though menopause in older women does influence the sexual drive, there is no reason why a healthy man or a woman cannot savour sexual pleasure at any point in life. Yes, the intensity and nature of the intercourse may change, but the pleasure and love will never be less.
In case your sex drive has reduced, you have plenty of reasons to bounce it back and spice up your life with a few easy tips:
- Have regular sex: This is the foremost thing that you must keep in mind. It will aid in keeping your sex drive in top gear by spiking up testosterone production, which is the hormone primarily in charge of libido in both men and women.
- Try to get rid of smoking: In case you are a chain smoker, it is advised that you pay a visit to your doctor and ask for a nicotine patch. If you ask why, it is because there is scientific evidence that smoking can clog the blood vessels in the male genitals, the way it blocks the arteries of the heart.
- Make a list of all the medicines you administer: Did you know that over 200 medicines may cause erectile dysfunction and other sexual troubles like reduced sex drive? This list includes regular medications like those used to treat high blood sugar, blood pressure, heart problems, depression and even stomach problems. So make a list of all your medicines and consult your physician to know if any of them are causing a reduction in your sexual drive. Of course, you will not be able to stop taking the medicine your body needs, but at least you can ask your doctor to change the brand or composition or dose of the medication.
- For women: Practice kegel workout: In case you have forgotten what kegel exercise is, then these are the squeezing workouts that your physician asked you to practice regularly because you faced some trouble with leaking urine. May be you are not aware that these exercises are very good for strengthening your pubococcygeus muscles, which are needed for orgasm. So practice them every day for twenty minutes.
There are many other ways to improve your sex life, and it varies from individual to individual. While consuming pesto and supplements of ginkgo biloba are great for men, there are various forms of lovemaking; be it staring at your partner or touching him or her sensuously. You must consult a sexologist to know about better ways of enhancing your conjugal life.
The first trimester of pregnancy (i. E. The first three months) is a very crucial time as this the time when your baby grows at a faster rate than at any other stage. Eating right is what you should be doing during such a time in your life as your body can make use of the energy and nutrients to build the body of your baby as well as to keep you strong. During the first trimester of your pregnancy, you should be including these 6 foods in your diet to provide you and your child with all the vital nutrients.
1. Spinach: high in folic acid, also known as folate (a form of vitamin b), consumption of spinach during these first few months (as well as before pregnancy) is extremely vital. It can help in preventing the occurrence of neural tube defects or birth defects pertaining to your baby's brain and spine.
2. Citrus fruits: your first-trimester diet should also consist of an adequate amount of citrus fruits. High in vitamin c, you should have at least 1 citrus fruit every day. If you prefer to take these fruits in juice form, you should restrict it to only 1 cup a day. This is because juices are high in calories and low in fibre, and, therefore, do not deliver on the fibre component.
3. Nuts: during this period your protein requirements also increase and it is advised that you have about 60 gm or more of protein every day. Nuts such as walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios are known to have healthy amounts of fibre, fats and protein. A study conducted by the Harvard medical school suggests that eating nuts can help in preventing allergies in children.
4. Eggs: in addition to helping you meet your protein requirements, eggs can also be an excellent source of vitamin d and calcium. The last two elements are extremely vital for your baby as they help in developing its bones.
5. Beans: providing you with necessary protein and fibre as well as helping you to deal with constipation, beans are must-haves during this period. Eating this fibre-rich food will ensure your bowel is functioning properly, thereby reducing your likelihood of developing constipation and even haemorrhoids (swollen veins of the anal and rectal region).
6. Yoghurt: a good source of calcium, having a cup of yoghurt every day will provide your baby with the calcium that it needs to grow and that you need to keep your bones strong. More importantly, by doing so, it'll prevent your baby from drawing calcium from your bones, leading to a deterioration of your bone health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.