Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Archana Pathak
Submit a review for Dr. Archana PathakYour feedback matters!
After having safe sex my gf is on her periods but there is little bit swelling on her vagina and itching and also having a severe pain when she is going to pee.
Vaginal bleeding is a common phenomenon in women. Sometimes it is due to cyclical changes in the cycle, while other times, it may be indicative of something unnatural and perhaps severe. Abnormal vaginal bleeding includes:
- Heavy periods: This is a very common phenomenon. Bleeding during periods cannot be measured with optimum accuracy but periods can be considered heavy if it lasts over 7 days, if you need double protection, or if you seem to pass too much clots. It is recommended to consult your doctor if it starts to affect your lifestyle and causes hindrance in your day to day activities. The cause of heavy bleeding during menses is often unclear, but it may be indicative of uterine fibroids or cysts.
- Post coital bleeding: Post coital bleeding happens when you bleed after sex. The most likely reason for this to happen is if there is inflammation in the neck of the cervical opening or it is sore. The common cause of this can probably be sexually transmitted diseases such as Chlamydia.
- Inter menstraul bleeding: Bleeding between your periods is also a possibility. There can be several causes for this. It can be broadly indicative of uterine polyps or infections. Polyps are fleshy masses of cells which are basically an abnormal growth in the uterus or cervix.
- Break through bleed: These bleeds happen very suddenly and spontaneously in the middle of the cycles or close to the menstrual cycles. These can happen when you start contraceptive pills and usually settle down in a matter of few months.
- Post menopausal bleeding: Bleeding or spotting post menopause can be indicative of something more serious. The common causes can be uterine or cervical cancer. Often, it may also happen that the uterus starts to degrade, and small fibrous bleeding or spotting may be visible. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am pregnant 1.5 month ,muje kabhi kabhi vegina me khujli hoty he & kabhi kabhi red colour ka chip chipa kan ata he pls muje bataae me ki isme dar vali bat nahi hena pls Hindi me answer dijiaega pls pls pls.
I am 19 now. I have some small white pimples in back side of my glans penis. Plzz suggest something. Any future problem? Plzz suggest something. No pain or other problems for that.
Hi 2 days back I got my periods .bt it was jst for 1 day. Before that I had a pill. And also I got my periods 10 days before the actual date.
My wife is getting internal bleeding in her vagina with out any reasons. It's bleeding out for 2 days. She is getting depressed about this and was feeling tired. So please help me by prescribing some medicines or ointment for this.
Depression is typically characterized by hopelessness, sadness, demotivation, an indifference about life, and feeling discouraged. This is how depression is known to most people. Depression can manifest itself in various ways and in a surprising manner. Some of the symptoms of depression are more easy to recognize than others.
Depression and Its Consequences
Major depressive dysfunction is commonly referred to as “depression.” It’s a condition that causes a person to experience a depressed mood, lack of enjoyment in everyday life, or in some cases, both. Everyone experiences slump from time to time, but depression lasts longer. Some of the indications of depression include:
- Low energy levels
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble sleeping
- Weight loss or gain
- Feelings of sadness
- Difficulty concentrating
- Another indication correlated with depression is a change in sex drive.
Despite social stigma, depression is a pervasive state of illness. Chronic depression can affect every part of one’s daily life, and the activity of sexual intercourse is included. Depression tends to curb sex drive. Sexual intercourse can boost the mood and is essential for relationships however during the low phase; some depression medicines can control one's libido. Both women and men can face difficulties with inducting and experiencing sex due to depression. Still, there are some differences in the ways depression affects women and men.
Depression can affect one’s sex life
Depression stems from a chemical imbalance in the brain, and that shortcoming can cause interference with a person's ability to enjoy sex or perform sexually. Often couples go through separation in extreme cases that stems from depression affecting their conjugal relationship. Depression has been linked to:
- A decrease in libido - According to research more than two-thirds of respondents reported a loss of interest in sex. There will be a decrease in their libido as their depression will grow more severe.
- Erectile dysfunction - Anxiety and Depression are driving emotional factors preventing a man's experience to have and maintain an erection.
- Inability to enjoy sex - Depression can limit or eliminate the pleasure drawn from sex.
- Loss of interest - A general loss of interest in sex is the most common sign that depression is affecting one's sex life.
- Other problems – These issues include, lowered sexual performance, having trouble getting sexually aroused, premature ejaculation, and not being able to reach orgasm during intercourse.
If one is depressed, one may feel like one doesn’t have enough energy for sex. Since depression can also cause a person to enjoy activities less, he/she may find that sex is not enjoyable as it used to be, and such a thought might give a sense of low self-esteem hampering the person’s personality and self-respect in a relationship. The process can also work in reverse. It’s possible for a low libido to trigger feelings of depression.
Hence, if you have been experiencing a unusually low libido, it is time you seek a doctor’s advice.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!