Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Archana Pathak
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Archana PathakYour feedback matters!
She is breast feeding now and 6 months have passed she is 32c size of breast What happens if she stops breast feeding her child and stores tht milk in her breast only.
Hello Dr. my last period date is 21 October and it lasts till 24 October. My husband meets me on 29 and 30 October but he use condom. On 31 October he doesn't use anything becoz he don't want to use condoms. So I want to ask is it chance for pregnancy can I take I pill and is I pill tablet is save to use kindly reply as soon as possible. Thanks and regards.
Known by a variety of names such as Bell Peppers, Paprika, Cayenne, and Chillies, Capsicum originated in Tropical America but is now readily available all across the globe. They come in various colours like green, red and yellow. There are plenty of healthy reasons to include capsicum in your diet - it is an excellent source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, beta-carotene and other carotenoids, such as lutein, beta-cryptoxanthin, and zeaxanthin.
Capsicum, be it the green, red or yellow, not only tastes great but is equally healthy and nutritious. It is known to be laden with a wide range of essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, phytochemicals, fiber. From heart to skin, the health benefits of capsicum will leave you with a mouth open in awe. In this article, we will discuss some benefits of capsicum which you cannot ignore.
- Capsicum is a powerhouse of antioxidants and plays a pivotal in warding off various cardiovascular disorders by protecting your body from oxidative damage caused by free radicals. Capsicum also aids in keeping the brain healthy and disease free.
- The compound lycopene present in capsicum has anticarcinogenic properties and is especially helpful in preventing the incidence of prostate cancer. Capsicum is also a rich source of Vitamin C which goes a long way in the prevention of cancer.
- Capsicum has a high potassium content, a mineral that is vital for the healthy functioning of the heart and the bones. Potassium also helps in maintaining the blood pressure within the normal range.
- Capsicum (especially the red and yellow capsicum) contains ascorbic acid and antioxidants in abundance. As a result, capsicum comes across as a powerful immune boosting food that keeps various microbial infections, including flu and common cold at bay. The wonder food comes as a great relief for asthmatic patients.
- The red and yellow capsicum is an excellent source of folate. Folate is an important nutrient that contributes towards the development of the fetal brain and is thus highly recommended for pregnant women. The daily intake of dietary folate lowers the risk of birth defects such as spina bifida.
- High in dietary fiber, capsicum enhances the digestion process and also provides relief from constipation and associated discomfort. The dietary fiber (soluble fiber) present in capsicum makes it an ideal food for weight loss and management. Capsicum increases the metabolic activities of the body by many folds thereby aiding in the weight loss.
- Vitamin A which is necessary for healthy vision is present in abundance in capsicum. The role of vitamin A in strengthening the immune system along with its antioxidant properties makes capsicum a must included food in your diet.
- In addition to Vitamin C and antioxidants, capsicum also has anti-inflammatory properties and comes as a boon for the skin. Capsicum slows down the skin aging, keeping the skin healthy, youthful and blemish free. It is also known to provide relief from acne. The vitamin C is what keeps the hair healthy (promotes collagen production with increased blood flow to the scalp).
- The vitamin C in capsicum plays a significant role in enhancing the absorption of Iron. Thus, people suffering from anemia (due to iron deficiency) can benefit immensely from the consumption of capsicum.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had unprotected sex before and after 4 days of my periods and took an ipill before 34 hours both the times I had sex and after 4 days I'm having severe pain in my stomach area same as a period pain but a severe one and its been one day that I'm bleeding normally like a period, Is it my period? Or is it the side effect of the ipill? L if it is the side effect is there chances of me pregnant? When will I get my period? My cycle is 28_29 days!
My marriage has been one year and I am trying to be pregnant since 3-4 month but I don't get any result yet. What shall I do please help me.
My wife has no sex appeal and interest in sex since marriage. Now I have a son and it has been two year past of marriage but still she has no sex appeal.
I did preg test. It is positive. I am felling sharp pain in my abdomen. And extreme lower back pain. What should i do?
Getting pregnant can become an immensely frustrating experience for women with endometriosis or cyst with IVF treatment. Many women with endometriosis worry about whether they will be able to conceive and bear a child. This is because, in such a case, there is a collection of endometrial tissues outside the uterus that results in a painful inflammation along with the formation of blood-filled cysts in the ovary and bands of scar tissues.
How does PCOS or endometriosis affect the process of reproduction?
When a woman has any of these fertility issues, there could be endometrial growths of the tissue hindering the normal functioning of the reproductive organs. When the endometrial tissue formation involves the ovaries, there is a restriction on the release of eggs. On the other hand, when the fallopian tubes are affected, it would prevent the sperm from reaching the egg or it may also stop the fertilized egg from travelling to the uterus. Though each of these instances may sound challenging, experts suggest that IVF treatment can be helpful in offering desired results. It is estimated that about one-third of women suffering from endometriosis can conceive naturally without any treatment whatsoever. But for the rest of the women that suffer from endometriosis, IVF can be the best bet.
How can IVF help in getting pregnant in this scenario?
In order to make pregnancy possible for women with multiple adhesions, endometriosis or PCOS, the doctor would definitely begin with a comprehensive evaluation of hormones along with the presence of other chemicals in the body. Diagnostic tests such as hysteroscopy, hysterosalpingography, and laparoscopy can also be of great value in offering an insight into the individual patient’s condition.
When the IVF process has been successful, the embryo will get implanted in the uterus and cause the much-desired pregnancy. If there is any embryo remaining, it may be stored for use in future or donated to other couples. IVF is deemed successful for overcoming most of the female factor caused infertility including cyst, PCOS, and even endometriosis. There are 5 fundamental steps in IVF and they are:
- Super-ovulation or the process of stimulating the reproductive organs of a woman for releasing numerous healthy eggs. This is the first point of contradiction between IVF and normal pregnancy where a single egg is released and ovulated.
- The second step constitutes retrieval of eggs and sperm collection
- Then there is insemination as well as fertilization of the eggs with the help of the sperm
- Development of embryos and subsequent genetic evaluation when needed
- Transfer of the embryo in the uterus of the woman
Since IVF allows a controlled interaction between the egg and the sperm, it offers a high rate of success even when the patient is affected by complex disorders such as endometriosis, PCOS or cyst. Hence, discuss with your doctor if it is a viable option for the given situation.