Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Archana PathakYour feedback matters!
A white fluid is continuously coming out from vagina particularly ten days before and ten days after periods. Kindly suggest its remedies and effective medicine.
I am 19 weeks pregnant. I was train the crowded train yesterday and while getting down I got hard punches in my stomach. Though there is no bleeding or severe pain, I am too scared as does that punches harmed my baby, s any of body part. please advice.
Recently I make to know. sometime I used to get panic attacks.. I wanted to know what diet should I add to my food.please help.
Is it ok to take azibet-500 antibiotic for tonsillitis while I'm already on a birth control pill (Femilon)? Will it reduce the effectiveness of my birth control pill?
My wife has unicornuate uterus n uterus size 7.5x3.8x2.9 and two ovaries. We married 4 years back and she has irregular period but we visited doctor she examined and said she can't pregnant. Her follicle size not enough for pregnancy. After 2nd day doctor applied injection her follicle grow 20 mm and 22 mm but can't conceive. Doctor tried direct my sperm push in her uterus two time and also failing. She did all home job like washing etc after sperm push. Is any problem did all home work? Is she rest after sperm push and ever will she get pregnant or we go for test tube baby or is it possible she carried baby?
Sexual disorders come in different forms and variety; in short they are like people who come in all shapes and sizes. If you have a sexual disorder it does not mean that something is wrong with you. It only conveys that certain issues can affect anyone at any point of time and maybe for a reason or no reason. While some sexual problems have been tracked with their diagnosis and treatment, there are many which are not yet understood well.
The best part of all this is that if you are affected with a sexual disorder something like erectile dysfunction then there is no need to worry as there is a wide range of treatment. The treatment can range from some specific form to psychotherapy. This can virtually help anyone with the sexual disorder despite the concern.
The only concern associated with sexual disorder is that how is it affecting the person. Is it causing distress in their lives or their behavior is changing and would they k=like to change their behavior or the problem.
Symptoms of Sexual Disorders
- Dyspareunia: Constant and repetitive pain experienced during sexual intercourse in men and women
- Erectile Disorder (ED): Inability to maintain erection in men
- Exhibitionistic Disorder: Intense sexual urges and fantasies for over 6 months
- Female and Male Orgasmic Disorders: Repetitive and constant delay or absence of orgasm post sexual stimulation
- Female Sexual Arousal Disorder: Constant and repetitive inability of, or maintaining arousal until the sexual activity
- Fetishistic Disorder: Also known as Fetishism, this involves eroticization of nonliving objects or body parts for sexual gratification.
- Frotteuristic Disorder: Fantasies and sexual urges that have lasted for more than 6 months
- Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: Low sexual desire in men
- Premature (Early) Ejaculation: Early ejaculation, much before the person wishes for
- Sexual Masochism and Sadism: Fantasies and sexual urges that have lasted for more than 6 months
- Vaginismus: Spasm of the muscles which cause hindrance in sexual activity
- Sex Addiction (not a recognized diagnostic category at this time)
Treatments of Sexual Disorders
The most common sexual disorder, erectile dysfunction is readily treated with medication. The drugs prescribed for this are Cialis, Levitra, and Viagra. These medicines are only available if the doctor writes a prescription. They work by increasing the blood flow to the penis and in turn an easy erection in men when sexual stimulation is given. Viagra and Levita, both are effective in 30 minutes but Levita works a little longer than Viagra. The effect of both can last up to 4-5 hours. Cialis is believed to work faster that is within 15 minutes and lasts up to 36 hours. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
M 21 suffering from pcod since 5 months m married for 7 months yesterday was day 8 n my follicles we're about 3 to 6 mm n 23 in left n 18 in right will I have chance to get pregnant this time is 3 to 6 mm of follicle is Normal on day 8 please help me out.
Hi My periods have been delayed but I am continuously having lower abdomen pain, what I should do so that my periods starts?
During the natural course of events, a women's body starts its reproductive phase with menarche and at about 50 years of age, attains menopause. This is when the reproductive function ceases and the ovaries stop producing the hormone estrogen and progesterone. In some cases, for various reasons including medical, the ovaries stop functioning earlier, and this is medically termed early or premature menopause. Menopause that occurs before 40 years of age is termed premature menopause; it is due to primary ovarian insufficiency and occurs in 1% of the women. If it occurs between 45 to 50 years, it is termed early menopause.
Effects: Estrogen and progesterone have a lot of beneficial effects on a women's body. Reduction in their levels leads to some of the below changes:
- Emotional changes like mood swings, irritability, and in some cases depression, especially in premature menopause.
- Irregular cycles before complete cessation of the menstrual cycles.
- General mucosal dryness leading to vaginal dryness, dry skin, dry eyes.
- There also would be urinary incontinence and reduced sex drive due to reduced hormone levels.
- For women who still would want to have children, infertility would be a big cause for concern. This could lead to other emotional issues, worsening the depression.
- Osteoporosis - Bones lose their density and get weak and are more prone to fracture.
- Cardiovascular health - Post menopause, women are more prone to heart attacks and stroke. Though not fully proven, this is believed to be true as the good role that estrogen plays on blood vessels is negated with menopause.
- Accelerated ageing - Menopause leads to accelerated damage of genetic structures, thereby leading to faster ageing. This also leaves a feeling in the women of being less attractive and less desirable.
There is also a good news, that after menopause women are at lesser risk of cancer, especially breast and ovarian. It is not easy for women to handle premature menopause. The body undergoes some changes much earlier than expected, and it requires a lot of support and caring and comforting to come to terms with it, especially if associated with infertility or chemotherapy for cancer.
Emotional issues of not being able to have children and feeling less attractive require frank talks to boost the person's confidence and increase self-worthiness. It is easier said than done, but one of the key ways to handle premature menopause is an open discussion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 33 years old female I have completed 6 years of my marriage I have not any baby. I have operated my uterine fibroid n ovarian cyst again I hv a 5 inch fibroid my hight is 5 feet weight 64 kg. Please advice what should i do?
At hole 9 month pregnancy What should she avoid or whats necessary to normal delivery? And how to understand, birth labour pain?
Hello, muje pcod hai jiske wajah se mera weight badhraha hai mane bahut koshish ki par muje period aahi nahi rahe hai aur mera weight bhi kam ho nahi Raha hai please muje koi diet aur medicine bata sakte hai.
I am 20 years old girl. I use tablets for preventing periods for few days stopped now. But no periods. At should do? Next week is my wedding. Suggest me a good solution.
Hello mam kuch mahine pahle mujhe thighs pr vagina k pas shayd makdi ne kaat liya tha uske baad wha khujli hone lgi or fer daad jaisa kuch ho gya uspr Maine bnc cream lagai wo thik ho gya. Then wha fer se itching hone lg gyi or ab mam vagina k charo trf itching hoti h or chhote chhote daad jaise ho gye hn or pichhe ki trf b red red rashesh ho gye hn. Or itching hoti h bht. Tell me mam wht to do.
I m nt getting regular period.and at the time of period I m facing so much pain.& I my breast size is so small. I want to increase it.what to do
1. Minimize outdoor activities when pollen counts are highest
“The most common spring-specific allergen is treepollen,” One of the best ways to avoid this is to minimize your activities outdoors when pollen counts are at their peak, typically in the early mornings. Warm, dry, and windy weather also contributes to higher pollen levels. With pollen counts varying day by day, it’s best to check online for local pollen levels before heading outside.
2. Protect your eyes when working outdoors
If you need to work outdoors, we recommend wearing goggles or sunglasses to protect your eyes. If you do get allergens in your eyes, flush them out with eye-drop antihistamines.
3. Wear a mask to avoid breathing in allergens
“Pollen is the most common cause of season allergies,” which makes spring and summer the most challenging time for allergy sufferers. Our noses act as filters and traps airborne substances like pollen. To avoid breathing in these allergens, I suggest wearing a mask while working in the garden or going for a hike.
4. Spring clean your home
Believe it or not, indoor air is more polluted than outdoor air, containing 10 times more pollutants. By spring cleaning your home for top to bottom, you can improve indoor air quality and reduce allergens. Decrease the number of surfaces where dust can collect (including getting rid of stuffed animals), swap out carpets for hard wood floor (if possible), and keep upholstered furniture to a minimum. I advice using a good vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter to remove allergens before they get kicked up in the air.
5. Invest in a HEPA filter for your air purifier
“Obtaining an air-conditioner or HEPA filter can keep pollen out of the home.HEPA filters, or High Efficiency Particulate Air filters, work by trapping small particles like pollen, pet dander, dust mites and tobacco smoke.
6. Create a dust-free bedroom
“Heavier allergens like dust tend to settle on surfaces or drop to the floor where a filter cannot trap it.Dust can contain triggers like mold, pet dander, and dust mites. If you have carpeting in your bedroom, vacuum at least two times a week—more if you have pets. And to avoid dust mites in the bedroom, “Encase your pillows, mattress, and box springs in dust mite proof covers. If you can’t wrap it up, wash it in hot water with some regularity. Keep the head of the bed uncluttered. Maintain a relative humidity of under 50%.”
7. Check the bathroom for mold
Household mold is one of the most common causes of allergies, including asthma. “Even if you don’t use that bathroom often, get rid of the mold. There are a number of cleaners that work. If they fail, there are professionals who will get rid of it.” Mold thrives in cold, damp areas. To keep mold at bay, ensure your bathroom has proper ventilation. Run the exhaust fan or leave the window open when taking a shower.
Being away or oblivious to social media is synonymous to not following the herd. Social media probably is no more the latest fad; it is the given code to take a deeper look into the present age. The rewarding fact about social networking sites is their ability to transport us to people and places millions of miles away from us. This epoch dictates of overproduction and maximum utilization of labor and snatches away the boon of communication.
Below mentioned points showcase how social media addiction negatively affects our mental health:
- Peer Pressure- Social media use also creates the fear of missing out because you want to do what everyone else is doing. This evokes anxiety and will give rise to negative feelings and emotions, which again create mental health problems and stress and anxiety disorders
- Fatigue and Stress- When you are using social media, you are constantly switching from one task to another because there is just so much to do and see. This information abundance can tire out your brain, especially when it is received chaotically. Your brain needs time and room for absorbing the data and processing the information, but multitasking on social media makes your brain work overtime. This can prevent it from relaxing and it will become exhausted as it tries to deal with the barrage of information. Hence, the fatigue puts your mind under a lot of stress and you may not be able to concentrate on anything at all.
- Social Anxiety- Even though the whole point of social media is to allow people to stay connected with others, it doesn’t have the same satisfaction and element associated with actual human interaction, which is a crucial human need. In fact, in some ways, it is too distant and this is not a good thing for those who become dependent on social media as it can lead to social anxiety. Those who are already suffering from this problem will find it even more difficult to indulge in face-to-face interaction. Real human interaction can become extremely scary for people as it is becoming common to hide behind your computer screens and not go out at all.
- Distraction- Social media is just tailor-made for decreasing our productivity because you spend hours looking at everyone else’s life when you could be doing something else. This means that most of your time is spent on viewing photos, liking posts, and writing comments and these activities don’t really require the use of your intellectual abilities. They aren’t intellectual at all and distract you from activities that are such as reading, studying informational articles on the internet, etc. Your brain doesn’t get enough food for development and your intellectual abilities can decline in this way. Your brain will slow down and not be able to respond quickly in various situations.
- Insecurity- One of the major problems with social media is that posts typically present an idealized version of what’s going on in everyone’s life. Usually, what you see isn’t actually reality because everyone has their problems and issues. Nevertheless, you end up comparing your own life with that of others and think less of your own. If people in your newsfeed seem to be having a good time, it will make you envious and affect your mood negatively. Research has shown that widespread use of social media can demotivate people, make them aggressive and cause a decline in confidence.
So are you being adversely affected by social media? Here are some signs to look out for:
- Low self-esteem.
- Feeling low when you see other people's images and lifestyle.
- Envy of others people lives - wishing your life was like someone else's.
- Finding social media as your first and only choice of activity done for enjoyment.
- Not having as many face to face conversations with your relatives and friends and feeling disconnected.
- Being unable to do anything without feeling you need to share it online. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.