Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Archana Koul
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Archana KoulYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I am a computer engineer. So I use computer so many hours in a day. But my problem is that some times my eyes are getting red and some itching problem occurs. And after some time it's become normal. It occurs also going in deep sun light. So kindly help me.
My age is 23. I have an eye sight of -2.5 and -2 (left and right), shall I try laser treatment? If it is ok, then tell me what is cost for treatment, benefits and side effects. Thank you.
Cannot able to see long distance But I have spaces after that I never see any improvement Frequently use of mobile I think its cause my eyes because his brightness Is there any tip which help to improve eyes power.
Sir, I have eyesight for 7 years. Now the power is -8. I want to go through basic laser. Is there any problems after basic laser. Can anyone please tell me.
I am wearing glasses from 12 years. This time doctor told I hv cylindrical power in left eye by -1. What does that mean? Is it something serious or problematic?
From 15 day I am suffering from eye pain and itching eye and headache and I went to doctor he gave me eye drop but there is no relief.
When I use laptop than after few minutes tears come in my eyes. Please give me answer what is the cause and how can I take precautions?
Sir I am Deepak. I have problem in my eyes when I read then tear flow from eyes. Sir what to do please reply sir thanks.
I would like to have a better health supplements for my eye as I do observe some power loss while working 24/7 at Laptops. I have read at some health related websites for some essential supplements that required for better vision and healthier eye. They are, Vitamin C, 250 mg Vitamin E, 200 mg Beta-carotene, 5,000 IU Zinc, 25 mg Zeaxanthin, 500 mcg Selenium, 100 mcg Lutein, 10 mg Calcium, 500 mg Thiamin, 2 mg Folic acid, 800 mcg Omega-3 essential fatty acids (includingflaxseed oil), 2,000-3,000 mgN- acetyl cysteine, 100 mg Alpha lipoic acid, 100 mg Would you please suggest a tab that contains the above or a better tab that suits. If I do go for clinics they are trying to sell a spectacle rather than suggesting a tab and I am not willing to wear specs. Thanks in advance Regards,
I having eye floaters in both eyes and cobweb like grey spot in right eye so it disturb my vision nd dry eyes also nd pain also nd I having myopia so I wear spectacle since 15 years please suggest remedy.
I am suffering frm swollen eyes problem pls suggest a remedies to prevent it further or to suppress it right away.
Hi doctors, I have an itching problem in eyes and sometimes watering also. Itching not happening all the times, but sometimes. I went to doctor she his given moisten eye drop. But there is no improvement after taking this eye drop for 20 days. Please suggest.
The cornea is a highly organized and advanced tissue present in the eye. It is one of the few tissues in the body that doesn't contain any blood vessels. It nourishes itself from the aqueous humor (or tears). The cornea has three different layers with two membranes embedded in it. Every membrane has its own set of functions.
Here is a list of 10 important facts about the cornea and corneal diseases:
- The cornea plays a pivotal role in helping the eye to focus on the light rays that enter it. Approximately 70 percent of the focusing power comes from the cornea. The cornea, along with the lens, is responsible for reflection and refraction in the eye.
- The epithelium is the outermost layer of the cornea. It restricts the entry of foreign particles into the eye and absorbs oxygen. This membrane is followed by the Bowman's membrane. The third layer is known as the stroma. It is responsible for the eye's elasticity and strength. The fourth layer is called the Descemet's membrane. This is a protective layer that safeguards the eye from any injury. The last layer is known as the endothelium. The primary task of this layer is to pump excess fluid into the other layers of the eye.
- Tears play a key role for an eye to function properly. Tears have three layers, namely lipid, aqueous and mucin. It helps the eye to heal any possible wounds and infection.
- The cornea, for the most part, heals by itself. Deeper injuries of the cornea can result in vision loss. Some of the common symptoms of corneal diseases are light sensitivity, pain in the eye, redness and reduced vision.
- The most common of eye allergies are caused due to pollen. This often happens when the weather is dry or warm. Some common symptoms include burning sensation, redness, tearing and stinging.
- The eye encounters a condition called 'dry eye' wherein the quantity of tears reduces, thereby creating a problem for lubrication. An ophthalmologist should be immediately consulted if this condition is encountered.
- Corneal dystrophy is a condition that clouds the cornea. It is a gradual progression and often affects both the eyes. It is usually inherited and can affect healthy individuals as well.
- Keratoconus is an eye condition that thins the cornea over a period of time. It is mostly prevalent among young adults. This condition results in changing the shape of the cornea and development of an outward bulge.
- Shingles is a recurrence of the viral infection caused by the Vatic El - La Zoster Virus. This virus has the capability to remain dormant inside the eye. It can become active after many years of dormancy and affect the cornea by travelling through the optic nerve. Doctors mostly prescribe an oral antiviral treatment to avoid inflammation.
- Some advanced treatment for corneal diseases includes corneal transplant surgery, anterior lamellar keratoplasty and endothelial lamellar keratoplasty.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!