Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Archana JhaYour feedback matters!
I have open pores on my face as my skin is combinational. Please suggest me some great ointment to get rid of those open pores.
Hi I'm Vignesh from Chennai, And I have neck and shoulder pain past few years and also my face skin became very dry and glowness.
How to make cheeks chubby? Although my weight is 65 M 18 yrs old and suggest me an ointment for darkness below eye. awaiting your reply.
I have a question about my Prostate problem, as per Doctor's reply the PSA is high but our surgeons say that PSA keeps going high/low, up and down, the urine flow stream is normal but at times, it is dribling, please advice the cause and what is the remedy, I am now 73 years old person. Thanks.
I fall down from my bike met n accident so got some hurt but that made mark on my skin how to remove.
1) Use skin friendly mild soap with lukewarm water.
2) Do not use strong soap or spirits/petrol to remove the harsh colours.
3) Moisturize your skin soon after washing off the colours, as these colours dehydrate the skin.
4) Avoid harsh scrubbing or using brush on your skin.
5) Avoid using milk to wash eyes.
6) To get rid of the traces of colour, mix gram flour (besan) with milk and rub it.
7) If you have acne, use medicated Cetaphil cleanser or an antibiotic gel.
8) Do not rub your eyes if colour goes in. Wash them immediately with clean water. If it is accompanied by a burning sensation, wash with milk. In case of any injury to the eye, contact emergency health services immediately.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Sir mujhe meri pitti ki problem h body m garmi hote hi pure body m pitti ho jati h bhot check kraya but thik nhi hui phle toh cold m hoti thi but ab garmi m bhi hone lg gye bhot badh gye h please help thodi garmi lgte hi ho jati h.
I am 18 years old. My skin is becoming dark because of sun. Can I use any cream or some home ingridients to get fair skin. Suggest please.
Hello Sir / madam and 23 years old and was suffering from chicken Pox Few days before but there was a problem that it leaves a scars on my face and body. I daily use elovera and coconut oil on my face But there is no relief So Now I want to remove my scars so please guide me some Homemade things to remove my scars.
I have dark spots in my face looks dark. Is there any possibilities to remove dark spots and make my skin and face fair?
I Am 20 Years Old. I Have Problems Of Pimples & Black Spots Are Available On My Face. This Problems Is Last One Years. What I Have Do For This Problem? please Help, What Do For This Problems immediately?
My son has small little boils like prickly heat without any itching on ring finger n last small finger. Have applied candid cream but no cure? Can you help m?
The skin is one of the most delicate, yet at times, the most ignored part of the body. Human skin consists of three layers, namely, Epidermis, Dermis and Hypodermis:
Epidermis is the outermost layer of the body and provides protection to the skin. The amount of Melanin in the epidermis is responsible for the variation of skin colour.
The second layer, Dermis protects the body from stress and strains and also nourishes the epidermis.
The deepest layer, Hypodermis also known as subcutaneous tissue, conserves energy. It is made up of cells with the purpose of storing fat, to be utilized by the body.
A person's skin keeps on changing throughout the human life. It becomes thinner with the age, because of the ever changing hormonal production. With increasing age your skin also begins to age, losing its glow and becoming drier leading to larger pores, breakouts, wrinkles, dark circles, sagginess, patches, etc.
Following changes occur in the skin at different age groups:
- Infants: The skin of newborns is very delicate, often red/pinkish or purple in colour. The skin of babies keeps on developing with each passing day. Their skin is thinner and sensitive. Also, the newborn skin is more prone to infections and allergies, which is why it is always advisable to use hand-sanitizers before even touching a baby, since a small infection might lead to a bigger issue for newborns. Premature babies generally have transparent skin vis-a-vis skin of full term babies, who are born with fully developed thicker skin.
- Toddlers: The skin of toddlers as compared to infants is more developed and bright, and it keeps on changing as your toddler grows.
- Adolescents: The skin of adolescents is tougher and undergoes a major change because of the various hormonal changes that happen during this phase of the human body. To name a few, adolescents will experience an increase in sebum production, arm sweating, pubic hair growth, pimples, acne (Learn more about Acne and Scars), etc.
- Adulthood: Oil production, breakouts, larger skin pores are a few of the skin changes that start as the body also starts to age. The skin might experience acne and dryness in this stage.
- Maturity: Exposure to sun, less intake of water, thinning of the epidermis and lack of proper skin care leads to various skin related changes. These include skin pigmentation, wrinkles, losing of elasticity, paler skin, dryness, expression lines, thinner and drier skin.
- Old-age: During this phase of age, the human skin dries, becomes looser, veins become to be more visible, appearance of age-spots, sagging of skin, patchy skin are issues that humans are exposed to face.
Any skin related issue should be taken up and discussed with Dermatologist/Skin Specialist to find the best cure to the problem.
I am 32 year old. I done my semen analysis show 10-15 pus cell. Is this a bacterial prostatitis or non bacterial process. How long should I take antibiotic.
I have a very sensitive and itchy skin and highly vulnerable to prickly heats and gets bumps on every part of my body, please suggest best way or medicines to get rid of this problem am facing.
Hello, I am Sriram. I have these eye circles in the surrounding of my eye and its even connected on my nose kind off black patch on my eyes. I do sleep well, doing exercise and having healthy food, everything is good. I don't know how to get rid off that black patch. I was using melaglow for some days. But its not that effect on my face. Moreover I don't have proper prescription for that. So I just used that for a month and I left. So please suggest me some remedy.
Everyone desires to have a glowing skin and it is very important that the face is washed regularly and moisturized to keep it smooth. Many beauty treatments are available to make the skin look young and radiant, but some of them are also ineffective and do not reduce the effects of aging. Some treatments like use of chemical peels, photofacial treatment and microdermabrasion are useful in returning the glow of your skin.
Use of chemical peels
The use of chemical peels mainly involves the use of chemicals to remove the upper layer of the skin. The layer of the skin is peeled easily as additives or some wax is added in the chemical peels. The remaining cells are moisturized by the acidic solution and it also helps in the promotion of collagen production and gives your face an even complexion. Acne problem can be treated using chemical peels and these peels can be used even on hands and neck. Nevertheless, there are some side effects that are caused by chemical peels as well.
Side-effects caused by Chemical peels
1. Use of chemical peels on the face sometimes causes scarring, characteristically on the lower part of the face. The appearance of the scars can be reduced using steroid medications and antibiotics.
2. The common side effects that are caused by the use of chemical peels are itching, redness and swelling of the skin.
3. Sometimes the color of the skin gets a little more darkened by using chemical peels or even lighter than normal and this condition is permanent.
4. The herpes virus that causes cold sores is flared up by use of chemical peels.
5. Carbolic acid is used in deep chemical peels and it can damage the heart muscles and even cause irregular heartbeat.
6. Carbolic acid or phenol used in the peels can harm the liver and kidneys. Hence, to avoid its side-effects the peel must be used at an interval of 10 to 20 minutes.
Who should not use a chemical peel?
1. Chemical peels are not advised for people who have been taking acne medication for the past 6 months or for people having dark complexion.
2. People with freckles and pale complexion or red hair must not use chemical peels
3. You should not use chemical peels if you have a history of severe outbreaks of cold sores.
4. People having abnormal skin pigmentation or facial warts must also not use chemical peels.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.