Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Archana Jain
Submit a review for Dr. Archana JainYour feedback matters!
Hi, my cousin is 7 week pregnant and she get gets very angry oftenly. She is not able to control it. She get very stressed out. And last time she felt little pain in her lower stomach. When she was getting mad.
Vagina discharge blood, some secretions etc. Bacteria also live in vagina. Vagina also had unpleasant odor. If I kiss and lick with tongue on vagina before sex. Is it harmful? Will I have any infections in mouth?
Vaginal discharge. Started clear now its a light yellow. Has a smell to it. Has been happening for about a week now. Started using summers eve and vagisil nothing has worked so far. Had a recent pelvic exam evrything was normal. Was on antibiotics for a little while but discharge is still irregular.
I am 18 years old and I have a problem in my period and I miss my period for three month and a lot of white discharge and I have stomach and headache badly.
Hello sir/ madam Meri shadi ke 1.6 year hue hai mera ek 6 mahine ka bachacha hai, or wife ka Brest feuding chalu hai, par last 2 month se uski period date Chang ho rahi hai iske pahle 1 may tarikh ko phir 7 june tarikh ko or ab abhi tak nahi aaya maine wo urine taste kiya nigetive hai to Kya wo pregnant hai ya koi problem to nahi hai na sir.
I am 30 years old I want to know sex is safe for 6 month pregnancy and what is diet plan and problems.
I had sex 7 days ago. Is there any contraceptive pill. Which can prevent my pregnancy. please reply asap.
Intrauterine devices or IUD are T shaped contraceptive devices. These contain levonorgestrel or copper and are inserted into the uterus. IUDs are considered to be one of the most effective birth control measures and also they are reversible (meaning it can be removed whenever a need arises). The copper IUD has a failure rate of 0.8%, while the levonorgestrel IUD has only had 0.2% failures till now. As per a report in 2007, IUDs are used by more than 180 million users all over the world.
What you should know about Intrauterine devices:
- Types of IUDs: There are 2 types of IUDs Copper and Hormone. Copper IUD is considered to be the conventional form of the contraceptive. It is T shaped with strings and is inserted into the uterus by a doctor. It can remain in the body for three to five years. Minera is a known brand of the hormone IUD. It contains a low dose of hormone progestin and releases the same when inserted in the uterus. This is also T shaped and has strings. This can be left for three years.
- Pelvic infections are not caused by IUDs: There is a belief that IUDs cause pelvic infection but this is not true. The strings of the new IUDs are very thin and they do not cause any pelvic infection even if a person is suffering from a sexually transmitted infection (STI). Though there might be a slight risk of infection when the IUD is inserted and in the first 20 days, but that also dissolves soon.
- IUD can be used at any age: Earlier IUDs were not recommended for women who had never got pregnant. However, now anyone can use these irrespective of being pregnant or not. It is very safe for all age groups from teenagers to women involved in active sex to women post menopause.
- IUD is as effective as getting a tubal ligation: It is believed that Minera is 99.4% effective while sterilization (tubal ligation) is 99% effective in preventing a pregnancy. Ligation is considered to be a permanent birth control solution, while IUDs can be reversed.
- IUDs do not cause infertility: It was believed that a STI would creep into the pelvis through the string of the IUD and cause infertility but this is not so. Though a STI can cause infertility but the IUD has no role in the same and does not contribute or worsen the infection.
- Hormonal IUD have less side effects than birth control pills: Breast tenderness, acne, and bleeding for a short time may persist for the initial 3-4 months in case of hormonal IUDs. The copper IUD lead to cramping and heavy flow during menstruation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!