Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ArchanaYour feedback matters!
My age is 25 and these days I am suffering from too much white liquid through my reproductive part. Lt seems like I need to go toilet but after going for toilet white liquid comes out. Please suggest me some cure.
Me 2 months pregnant hu. Mujhe bahut jayda vomit hoti h, aur lower abdominal pain bhi. Do baar spot bhi aa chuke hai. Please tell me what should I do? Please advise.
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue. While hormone replacement therapy is the most common procedure to provide relief from menopausal symptoms, natural homeopathic remedies can also be used for the same. These remedies are completely safe as opposed to hormone replacement therapy which has a number of side effects.
The following homeopathic medicines and remedies can be used to treat menopause:
- A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly.
- Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
- Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
- Amylenum nitrosum can provide relief from profuse sweating, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Phytoestrogen or dietary estrogen is a compound found in foods such as soybeans, oats, barley, carrots, fenugreek, rice etc. Phytoestrogen can provide natural relief from menopausal symptoms.
- Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia.
- Aconitum napellus (wolf's bane) is a flowering plant and its extracts can reduce panic attacks, heat flushes, over excitability and depressive symptoms.
- Argentum nitricum is a nitrate compound of silver which is used to control excessive bleeding in the pre-menstrual stages.
- Belladonna (deadly nightshade) is beneficial for a large number of symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, insomnia, frequent urination, osteoporosis, abnormal weight gain and other nervous disorders.
- Bryonia alba, a flowering plant, is used as a remedy for vaginal infections, rashes and vaginal dryness that are common during menopause.
- Natrum muriaticum, in small amounts, helps to reduce stress. Stress can cause problems in thyroid function, cognitive functioning, digestive system functioning and it can elevate blood pressure levels rapidly.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is a common homeopathic medicine for nausea, vomiting and indigestion. These problems are seen frequently in menopausal women, especially after meals at night. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
This month my menstrual flow was less what does it means, was it normal to have scanty in flow or any problem?
Hi I had not taken 72 hrs teblat and I check pregnancy by pregnancy kit answer is negative but till period did not came what should do.
Pregnancy test is negative but 10 days delayed for her periods please prescribe a medicine to get periods sooner.
My Pap smear showed moderate neutrophilic infiltrate. My gynecologist advised me to take zifi oz, Izra d and signoflam twice a day for 7 days. From 5th day onwards, I'm experiencing on and off itchy hives. Could this be side effects of any of these medicines? And what should I do further?
I am 36, Still I have no baby as our personal choice we are not doing yet, now these days our sexual relationship not good only from my side, I feel very tired n no give too much response to my husband, in this situation can we conceive or how can I improve my situation. My main concern about my age and baby.
I lost my virginity with my bf but now we r no more together and I am going to marry with other guy. So can he detect tht I am not virgin. And ek sal ho gya h sex ko tho kya meri virgina pehle jaisa ho gyi hogi. Or I should do some treatment to get my virginity back.
My wife has an ovarian cyst. It is in left side of Overy. About 3 cm in diameter. Can I have unprotected sex. Kya pregnancy ho sakta hai. Pregnancy me koi dikkat to nahi hogi.
Meri shadi ke 3 mahine ho chuke hai or hum paregnecy ke liye 2 bar try kiye lekin hum pregnet nahi huye agr mujhe pcod ka problem ho to kya mai ma nahi ban paungi please help me.
I had taken mammography of both breasts because of pain this is the impression of report I got (Complex cysts are noted in both the breasts, benign calcification in right breast, Birads-2)
Is that different the period cycle of girls and women? Suppose my girlfriend's started period cycle since today morning, so how long time should I have to avoid sex with her to avoid from pregnancy?
Dear doctor, am facing the problem f sagging breasts. Am really worried. I hav a strong passion and interest towards dance but due to this problem my confidence level s low and am unable to participate. After a gap I joined dance class and I hav to prevent breast from sagging. Am 24 and my height is 153cms nd weight is 54kgs. Am having a regular period. 28days cyclic and 3 days of Menstruation. Really need a solution to get rid of and suggestion regarding wot typ of inners I hav to wear. Thank yu:)
I had a sex tonight but I have doubt to get pregnant. My partner also hv doubt. For my periods 13 days left. please suggest me what should I do. I don't want to use i'pill. Is there any method. Kiya khata khata khane se pregnant hone ki sambhavna kom ho jayegi.
5 Things to Keep in Mind if you Have Had Unprotected Sex
If you are not planning to get pregnant, some kind of contraceptive precaution should always be taken before or during sex. But, sometimes real life situations do happen in emergency when one is either not ready / forgotten/ignorant or lazy to use these precautions. The resultant anxiety starts taking a toll on you from the next morning after. Here are a few things that every sensible woman should keep in mind:
1) Unwanted pregnancy: Please keep a track of your last period date i.e. the day you started to bleed in the last month and calculate a projected date when your periods will start in this month. One can roughly divide a 28 day cycle in 4 quarters. Then calculate in which quarter the unprotected sex happened. If it happened in the first and the last quarter, then your chances to conceive are extremely rare but theoretically a pregnancy can result from even a single sexual contact at any time of the period.
2) Emergency contraception: If a pregnancy is a total no-no, you must consult a doctor to give you emergency contraception. This tablet needs to be taken as early as possible and within 72 hours of unprotected contact. The sooner it is taken the better are the results but its effectiveness is not 100% and failures resulting in pregnancy happen many a times. So do not rely on emergency pills except in real emergencies.
There is another way to protect your-self which is considered more effective by doctors. Intrauterine devices (Copper-T or multiload)can be inserted in your uterus up-to 5 days after an unprotected intercourse and removed as soon as your periods come. You could keep it for longer if you wish to use it as your regular contraceptive. This is more effective in avoiding pregnancy as compared to the pill and you could discuss this option with your gynaecologist.
3) Sexually transmitted infections: If it has been a one night stand or you are not very sure of your partner's sexuality, you must visit your gynaecologist to get yourself tested. Usually sexually transmitted infections cause pain in your lower tummy, foul smelling or itchy vaginal discharge, difficulty in urination and painful sex. If you think you have developed a STD (sexually transmitted disease), treatment should be taken quickly to avoid permanent damage.
4) Urinary infections: Difficulty in passing urine/ burning sensation and passing it drop by drop could be a sign of urinary infection which happens commonly in sensitive women after oral or vaginal sex. If you have any problems like this a simple urine routine test should be done to detect infections and treatment taken soon to avoid bad effect on your kidney.
5) Delay in Periods: Sometimes after unprotected intercourse, the periods are delayed. This can happen due to many reasons. The commonest reason is a delay associated with the use of emergency pills(I-Pill/unwanted 72 etc. available in Indian markets)) of up to one week. Stress, hormonal imbalance and failure of emergency pills causing a pregnancy are others. Whatever be the reason, one should not take a chance and at least do a home pregnancy test once every three days till periods resume. If the home test shows a positive pregnancy, you should contact your gynaecologist for further help.